They are very influential for me. Their music is like a healing potion that cures me from sadness and depression every time I re-listen to their albums.
Also waiting for their newest album which was confirmd to be complete. I am a new fan so I don't know what it is to wait ten years for this new album. 

Got into this band after hearing 'crucify my love'.

The lead singer's voice is like it was finely crafted to sing only ballads.

Going to dig out more of their stuff 

^•^

1 hour ago, FOSCOR70 said:

The lead singer's voice is like it was finely crafted to sing only ballads.

May I recommend the opposite, which he is quite good at as well. :D

Hard to disagree with that, Jigsaw. X Japan and Toshi was always best when they went full speed/power metal, over the top symphonic speed/power metal or just catchy as fuck heavy metal. I actually think Toshi sounds a tad stupid when he sings ballads.

So we all know X Japan right? The pioneers that brought the Visual Kei scene to where it is now. You can't deny the influence that they had.

I wanted to ask some questions about them so here I go:

1) Do you like X Japan?

2) Do you think they get a lot of undeserved hate around the VK community?

3) Opinion on Yoshiki?

4) Do you think they are overrated? If so why?

5) Is the love for X Japan deserved? Why or why not?

6) Hide or Sugizo?

That is all! 

DISCLAIMER: Please keep this thread respectful. No hate comments or bashing of others is allowed. Respect peoples opinions, please

My Answers:

1) Definitely, They were one of the first VK bands I ever listened to so they have a place in my heart

2) Yes

3) I admire him as a person and as a musician. Call me a dickrider all you want, but I like the guy. One of my favorite drummers. 

4) I'll admit and say that they are definitely overrated. Not in the sense of like "they just suck" but more of a "there are more bands than X Japan" kind of overrated. I will still recommend people Silent Jealousy mainly because it's one of my all-time favorite songs. 

5) If your an X Japan fan yes. If not then no

6) Both. Hide is one of my all-time favorite artists and has inspired me as a person. Sugizo is amazing not only because of his works towards charity and humanitarian causes, but he does some sick stuff on the guitar. Luna Sea is also one of my favorite bands and Sugizo is both amazing in Luna Sea and in X Japan

Sidenote: I know I'm gonna get a lot of stuff saying that "Oh how can Hide inspire you if you weren't alive?". First off, I think anyone can inspire anyone, dead or alive and second, he just speaks to me. I was always that person who hated being controlled and the many quotes that Hide said basically told me to screw what people told me and be yourself. He just spoke to me and I always liked that. I know it sounds cliche, but you probably get the idea. 

Edited by psychonnect_rozen
Added Answers

2 minutes ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

DISCLAIMER: Please keep this thread respectful. No hate comments or bashing of others is allowed. Respect peoples opinions please

moved to the ~official~ X Japan artist thread

2 minutes ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

So we all know X Japan right? The pioneers that brought the Visual Kei scene to where it is now. You can't deny the influence that they had.

I wanted to ask some questions about them so here I go:

1) Do you like X Japan?

3) Opinion on Yoshiki?

6) Hide or Sugizo?

That is all! 

DISCLAIMER: Please keep this thread respectful. No hate comments or bashing of others is allowed. Respect peoples opinions please

1.I'm a fan, more a fan of hide than anything else. My girlfriend loves them though.

2. I've never seen X Japan hate outside of Yoshiki. 

3. Yoshiki is like HYDE and GACKT.

4. X are overrated as a whole, but they're very important regardless. I feel hide is the most significant thing that came from the band, VK would have been just fine without them if they weren't around for as long as they were or today.

5. Love is subjective.

6. Comparing hide and SUGIZO is like comparing rock and classical music. They are both very good in their own rights, hide is a legend, but SUGIZO is an icon and has done a lot of humanitarian stuff.

1) Do you like X Japan?

Yes, I like their old stuff when they were a proper speed/power metal band. Aside from Art of Life I think their 90's stuff are absolute garbage.

2) Do you think they get a lot of undeserved hate around the VK community?

No.

3) Opinion on Yoshiki?

Disgraceful dick, but was one hell of a cool drummer back in the 80's.

No, I do not. I think a lot of their 90's releases are overrated as fuck, but not the band as whole.

Yes, because they were influential to DA MAAAAAAAAX and great as fuck back in the days.

6) Hide or Sugizo?

Neither? Honestly don't care about either.

in other news, Yoshiki got blasted for having dinner with Jackie Chan...

Although it may look like a photo of two icons (hurr durr), it's got poor timing written all over it...apparently Jackie supports the Communist party of China (which is a sentence I was not expecting to read today), and with the protests going on in Hong Kong, it's not surprising that X stans cancelled Jackie and shamed Yoshiki, and were then quick to forgive him when he apologized, cuz of course they do.

I'm surprised the tweet is still up.

35 minutes ago, suji said:

in other news, Yoshiki got blasted for having dinner with Jackie Chan...

Although it may look like a photo of two icons (hurr durr), it's got poor timing written all over it...apparently Jackie supports the Communist party of China (which is a sentence I was not expecting to read today), and with the protests going on in Hong Kong, it's not surprising that X stans cancelled Jackie and shamed Yoshiki, and were then quick to forgive him when he apologized, cuz of course they do.

Surprisingly everyone's favorite Chinese grandpa is VERY pro-Jinping and the revolution. His movie 1911 is a big love letter to said revolution. Jackie is as in bed with government officials as possible and has always been an ambassador for them.

Edited by secret_no_03

1) Do you like X Japan?

Yes and no. I never supported the bossy way Yoshiki acted toward others. This is a band, not solo project. Yes, it's his band, he started it, his heart, but other memebers give their efforts, put their soul in it. He almost throw away Toshi, kicked out Taiji, and if Hide wasn't dead he would kick him out too.

Their music is epic, they did something huge for japanese music. But it wasn't just him, all members were involved.

Can't tell such thing.

3) Opinion on Yoshiki?

Yoshiki is a good person, multi tallented, beautiful and with big heart. And absolute narcisist. He is doing great things and expect to be treated with adoration. Acting like a messiah. Private photosessions, deciding the future of the band alone, posing in front of private jett... This behaviour is not attractive to me, there are other successful musicians that are not exposing themselves like that. And they all has been through personal drama and pain in their life.

What happened with Hide is overrated. He was loved, he was great, but fans must let him rest in peace. Plus Taiji's death was much more tragic, he didn't kill himself, he was put in prison and murdered there, I am keep asking myself why nobody tried to make a big deal of this. People are still thinking he was crazy drunker and a rebel, it's sad, actually.

The love for the band and members is absolutely deserved. They gave hope to people who ran out of it, inspiration, love... This is not my band but I know the feeling to be driven by idea that you support, and someone dare to speak it out loud. The fame and love they earned, it is all theirs.

6) Hide or Sugizo?

It's like to ask a mother to pick among her children. None. Someone you loved cannot be replaced. And someone new should not be stained by the shadow of the dead.

Edited by Aries

"Do you like X Japan?

They made Vanishing Vision and Blue Blood, so yes.

"4) Do you think they are overrated? If so why?"
No. The gray area they inhabit between metal and vk means they get seen as a non-entity in the Western metal community (despite their best stuff crushing any 80s material by, say, Judas Priest) and they get seen as crusty dinosaurs in the latter community.

Everything else: don't care. A musician's personality, political opinions, latest feud, who they had dinner with last night, or whatever is none of my business and shouldn't take away from the fact they get to have a legacy. I mean fuck, you can't even have a meal with a China supporter without being a China supporter yourself? part of the reason I'm AGAINST communist gonverments is because I appreciate things like freedom of association.

Edited by hopefully_benign

1) YES. They fascinated me since... approximately forever. I remember first hearing about them... I was about 12 dare I say? For a while all I knew about them was that someone in that band got worshiped like crazy and everyone who wasn’t a rabid fan thought it was pure madness, but they still intrigued me. Then I read up a bit about them and... well, you can’t deny no screenwriter could come up with that storied a story. By then I’d made up my mind to actually listen to them. And then I heard “Rose of Pain”. They immediately became one of my favorite bands.

2) I feel like most haters hate the fans more than the band. Hating X Japan is like hating Black Sabbath—they were the ones to make a musical tendency into a true genre. Also, there’s a difference between disliking someone’s fans and saying that person couldn’t play an instrument despite ample evidence to the contrary.

3) Should get off his high horse, but quite the artist nonetheless. I understand neither the boundless love, nor the boundless hatred.

4) See what I said about 2. They didn’t “invent” the genre, but they gave it an identity. And that’s a big part of why it didn’t peter out after a few years.

5) Again, they gave VK its identity and a point of reference which still stands to this day. And their classic lineup was startlingly good. One of the world’s fastest drummers, the best bass player in Japan, two world-class guitarists (with complementary styles to boot), and a genuinely impressive singer. And the songwriting was extremely good. They deserve the love. That being said, individual members can be overrated and over-worshiped. I think that’s disrespectful. What makes artists great is that they are people who bleed like us, cry like us, laugh like us, do stupid things like us, die like us... they’re not gods. And it’s sad seeing a human raised on that kind of a pedestal. It’s a disservice to that person.

6) Musically, hide all the way. Sugizo is very good, but he tends towards generic shredding a little too much.

Overall... see what I said in 5.