X-Marc

Mucc

Am I really the only one here who's *somehow* content with their *new* direction?

I won't count their visuals in, since they look sooo tacky these days.

Your not the only one! I've been digging their new direction for years now, I haven't really checked much out since Karma, but i always loved that they aren't afraid to experiment and take their sound to new places :) I'ts actually quite refreshing. although i admit there are way to many haters for this band these days, ever since Shion they've been steadily increasing with each consecutive album... funny how Shion was the album where they first started to change their sound drastically eh...?

I'm kinda content with their newer stuff too (actually I like their music more and more from Houyoku onwards). :) I admit that I didn't like their last album nearly as much as Kyuutai (which was pretty cool once it grew on me) but I don't think they're as "bad" nowadays as most people might make them seem. Every band has their ups and downs after all.

(let me just say here how I loathe that typical "oh their last album sucked and the one before that too, so now they'll be crap forever, plz disband!!" mentality. not specifically speaking of just Mucc, but in general VK fandom)

anjelier for example was poppy as shit too, but still a cool song and 100times better/less boring than all the stuff since and including karma

^this. It's because their new direction is generic and bland. Though I still hope Nirvana's B-sides will be nice XD

I loved shion and kyuutai, but everything since has left me pretty cold :k

I remain confident that they will eventually veer back toward something I can enjoy!

Cant believe how bad this is. Thinking about all their epic masterpieces they have released through the years,

this (and the other recent single) is like an insult to themselves.

Cant believe how bad this is. Thinking about all their epic masterpieces they have released through the years,

this (and the other recent single) is like an insult to themselves.

My god, I can't believe. I want to cry :cry:

Mucc new look

430980_283300955072023_1898853041_n.jpg

dem shoes

tumblr_m0dqmxd6Lr1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

I can't

lol!! so funny!! Anyway.. I think they've been easing us into this look slowly to less shock us.. still pretty lolz. Yukke's shoes are just the coup de grace. Though Tatsurou/Yukke's looks go together, and Miya/Satochi but don't really look like they fit together as a whole theme. Anyway curious as fuck to hear the album. Hopefully better than singles/last album, though there have been some good songs here and there.

Any opinions on "Shin Homura Uta"? I'm positvely surprised with it, the rerecordings sound modern, but still have the raw intensity of the original. I honestly didn't expect Tatsurou would still be able to sound that raw and emotional! 

Really glad these guys are still around and are looking back at their past, their latest album was also great.

Edited by Kaleidoscope

I became a fan of MUCC not too long ago (2014-2015) through a friend who likes them a lot and had introduced me to some songs. Honestly the moment I heard "Mother" I instantly remembered that this song was part of the OST in Naruto Shippuden. And also Nirvana for InuXBoku SS (but I couldn't keep up with this one XD).

I wasn't too into v-kei at that time but these guys brought me back into this world that I've put away for so many years. I don't know what kind of crack they made me take, but I find myself loving their music every time they release something new. 

My favorite will always be 家路. That song hits all the right places in my kokoro. The lyrics, Tatsuro's voice, the melody ❤️. The new version of Ieji hits home so bad it took me months to not cry when I listen to it.

Another favorite that I like to listen from them is 優しいうた. I wish everyone could've heard Tatsuro sing it during their anniversary concert in 2017. It felt so good and Tatsuro's harmonica sounded amazing.

I gotta say, these boys sound so much better live. It's something in the way they perform each song that just blends in with the theme and they're very good at showing the story behind the song. 

Especially nowadays, Tatsuro's voice had gotten so warm and cozy. His tone calms you down, gives you strength and all those good emotions for a recharge. 

One of my favs as well, i use to snub them when they released their first release. I was too far up Mana's butt to appreciate other bands...  except for buck-tick... lol