X-Marc

Mucc

i just saw that there wasnt a topic about Mucc, how can that be! haha, but actually i was looking for the Mucc topic, to share this:

or

you're thoughts? stealing pigs, and im sure lots of people will like this song and havent even heared of mucc-_-

the producers must have been like: aah who knows that band, we can use it, no one will find out

Another example of people shouting "OMG PLAGIARISM" way too quickly. :|

Be honest guys, the melody of that MUCC song is fairly simple and straightforward. It's also very positive sounding and even a bit childish. It could've easily been a "Kinderen voor Kinderen" melody as well.

There are thousands of bands in this world and many million different songs. What are the odds that such a melody would be thought of by two different people, of all the people in the entire world? Probably like 99.71% or something.

It is very much possible they have never heard of MUCC before. So unless they admit they've been influenced or admit they've copied the song, there's no evidence and there's no one who really cares either (except for mindless hardcore MUCC fans and/or Japanophiles who like to see this as an opportunity to show Japanese artists are oh-so much more creative with music and others just steal...)

One of my favorite bands. Their constant change of ''sound'' makes me RAGE!

Still can't get over their last album which was freaking horrible.

One of my favorite bands. Their constant change of ''sound'' makes me RAGE!

Still can't get over their last album which was freaking horrible.

I have to agree. Their last change was way too extreme.

Yeah, i mean i like a band for how they sound but when they keep changing so much

they end up being a completely different band, not the one i liked in the first place.

I'm really curious as what their next release will sound like, also a little scared that it may be rap.

It's not the fact that they change sounds that makes me annoyed, it's just that the sounds they change to end up being crap.

MUCC - Arcadia (Full Song/Radio)

5vvt6-px0oE&

:cry: What is happening!!! What the hell is this crap? Its like they completely left the

rock genre and switched to disco/dance, i mean is it just me or is there no drums or bass?

There are some drums and bass in there but far under the bar of quality that I set for MUCC upon hearing gems like Houmura Uta, Zekuu, Kuchiki no Tou and Kyuutai. This band died for me with Karma and upon the announcement of this single there was a glimmer of hope in me that this band would realize that Karma was a really, really bad experiment and they'd return to their roots a little bit and branch out in a more suitable direction. All that preview has done is solidified the fact that this band intended to make Karma and that there is no hope for them returning to anything that even sounds like Shion-era MUCC.

Arcadia seems like a lame attempt at a band past their prime trying to stay relevant by incorporating the sounds of whatever happens to be popular at the time into their music, which often doesn't fit. Much like KoRn and dubstep, MUCC seems to want to switch their style into a more electronic field whilst trying to erase years and years of a sound that they've built up and accumulated fans with. They've gone full over to the electronic side and their music features seems to feature steadily more and more synthesizer and less actual instruments. It's a shame because the members are actually talented musicians that can play quite a few instruments, but it's obvious Miya is out of ideas. He's grasping at compositional straws now.

Truthfully, I haven't liked a single song of theirs since Kyuutai and this song won't help to reignite my fandom for this band. The phrase gets tossed around way too much so I hate to use it here because I'm going to piss off someone, but I think it's about time MUCC looked at permanent retirement and had the members move on to other projects. The charm is all gone.

Oh well, at least we'll always have their earlier stuff to enjoy (and Tsuuzetsu's a hidden gem no one ever seems to talk about :\).

there was a glimmer of hope in me that this band would realize that Karma was a really, really bad experiment and they'd return to their roots a little bit and branch out in a more suitable direction.

LOL, don't tell me people still expect this? By now it should be obvious they just do what they feel like. Sure, I don't like Karma either that much, but it had some cool moments. Mucc is one of those bands that I'll listen to/try their new stuff whenever they release something because they seem like an honest and interesting bunch.

...with that said I'm half curious/half scared of this new song, but looking forward to hearing it in good quality!

People will always expect anything from a band until they disband ;). With that said I really didn't expect them to go back to depressive nu-metal but I'd have liked a guitar oriented track again.

^ Yeah, I kinda miss the prevalent guitars too - though I'm not too fond of their old stuff nowadays, I like the era ranging from Houyoku to Kyuutai best. When they only had those old albums I liked them, but these newer ones have more stuff for me to sink my teeth into. :)

#everydayimshufflin

riker.gif

No but seriously, even if I don't seem to hear much instruments, it's better than that stuff they pulled off on Karma.