Sign in to follow this  
CAT5

Non-VK bands that make VK look straight....xD

what......

is......

this!!!??? xD

This band seems to be fairly new (they just released their 1st album), but their frontman is.....

off the chain xD

RHZOmNCBKJY

Ohhh when did they release an album? I was waiting for it. Yayay. I'm still not sure whether the vocalist is a he or a she actually. I mean at first glance it looks like a drag queen (and the band is called Queen Bee), but the other members are female, so maybe it's just a very masculine female. No really, he/she confuses me.

^ yeah, it was just released on March 2nd.

I dunno man....I'm pretty confident that the vocalist is a dude. (hence the thread title) xD

this guy is outgaying Ao lolol

edit:

sounds like a woman at points in this vid.. I AM GENUINELY CONFUSED

Straightener 8)

kidding aside...

these guys (or maybe just the vocalist) are pretty good candidate(s)

ToWkurGw8n0

cool song anyhow, catchy

edit - band name is liek DRINK PEE :bunny:

OH MY GOD I'M GONNA NEED ZIOOUBACHI'S ALBUM PLZTY.

Don't think Onan Spelmermaid would consider himself VK. So there's him.

OH MY GOD I'M GONNA NEED ZIOOUBACHI'S ALBUM PLZTY.

Don't think Onan Spelmermaid would consider himself VK. So there's him.

I seriously doubt Onan Spelmermaid would consider himself a he, either.

^ Idk, he uses "彼" (in the context of 彼自身) on his website a lot.

Kawabata Makoto, and I think the whole Acid Mothers Temple collective uses a fair amount of unusual instruments - for example, during his solo performance, Kawabata used a headless guitar, tibetan singing bowls and bells, and such. Akaten also uses a wide variety of instruments, ranging from empty glasses to their own cipzars (the part of their concert, when they were just jumping around, using only their cipzars to make noises was hilarious. xD)

Also, I think we should add most of the nintendocore/chiptune/call it as you wish artists here - for example DJ Scotch Egg, who uses his Gameboys in order to create melodies, or the hungarian failotron, Sabrepulse, Nullsleep, and so on.

Daedelus's instrument, the Monome.

Kawabata Makoto, and I think the whole Acid Mothers Temple collective uses a fair amount of unusual instruments - for example, during his solo performance, Kawabata used a headless guitar, tibetan singing bowls and bells, and such. Akaten also uses a wide variety of instruments, ranging from empty glasses to their own cipzars (the part of their concert, when they were just jumping around, using only their cipzars to make noises was hilarious. xD)

Also, I think we should add most of the nintendocore/chiptune/call it as you wish artists here - for example DJ Scotch Egg, who uses his Gameboys in order to create melodies, or the hungarian failotron, Sabrepulse, Nullsleep, and so on.

Daedelus's instrument, the Monome.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Wasn't that post supposed to go here?

Anyway, regarding the original video. I actually kinda like that song. :spin: I'm also pretty sure the singer is a guy. Just look at his adam's apple.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Pardon?

I think he's just as equally speechless as I was when I read about that guy using Gameboys as musical instruments. :o

Wasn't that post supposed to go here?

Anyway, regarding the original video. I actually kinda like that song. :spin: I'm also pretty sure the singer is a guy. Just look at his adam's apple.

Ah, you're right, pardon me. ^^;

I think he's just as equally speechless as I was when I read about that guy using Gameboys as musical instruments.

Yes, I was speechless too, when I met with this thing for the first time. It was strange to see, that DJ Scotch Egg plays some hardcore/gabber music, and then takes up one of his gameboys, and start using it, as it was just another instrument. But now I pretty much think, that it's a great idea, and the sign, that nearly anything can be used for making music.

If you are intrested, you should check the line-up of the Budapest Micro / Blip Festival events, and I give you some recommodations in the other topic. ^^

Wait wait wait wait wait, is he trying to sound like Queen Ringo? New favorite band, hell yes.

Sign in to follow this