I can't believe there isn't a thread for Kagerou. O.o

78.jpg

Vocals: Daisuke

Guitar: Yuana

Bass: Kazu

Drums: Shizumi

The. Best. Band. Ever.

Not best band ever to me, no.

Though they were incredible. And Zetsubou ni Sayonara kicked the crap out of like everything. :blink:

I was never a big Kagerou fan, although I really did love the song XII Dizzy, but I don't know I have one of their albums, I think it started with a R, but I don't remember now, but yeah all the songs kind of sounded the same to me.

I don't know I'm not really the biggest fan of Daisuke's voice I think that's what it is. Even in the Studs, I don't like him that much, but we'll have to see.

I was never a big Kagerou fan, although I really did love the song XII Dizzy, but I don't know I have one of their albums, I think it started with a R, but I don't remember now, but yeah all the songs kind of sounded the same to me.

I don't know I'm not really the biggest fan of Daisuke's voice I think that's what it is. Even in the Studs, I don't like him that much, but we'll have to see.

All the songs sound the same? O___o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4yS286XyNo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRuUa5NtT24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao_0sOnH1K8

You should check out their last two albums. They're much more versatile than their earlier stuff. And Daisuke's voice is perfection. *_*

I wasn't a huge fan either, but I totally love Daisuke's voice.

And it was a little depressing to hear Kagerou's disbandment.

I haven't heard the Studs yet.. (although the name did give me a giggle fit..)

You should check out their last two albums. They're much more versatile than their earlier stuff. And Daisuke's voice is perfection. *_*

Oh yeah see, I have their earlier stuff, I have Rakushu. And also a bunch of singles, too many to list, I should try to find their best of album they released before they disbanded.

And starla you should check out the Studs. They're really good, but then again I like Nagoya Kei a lot more. And it also has Yukino who is really awesome, because he played in lynch. and Gullet. But like aie, and Hibiki are cool too. xD

Resurrect-A-Didilly 'cause I had no clue there was a thread for this band

This post was gonna be a wall of text. I might write a Reflection for the review section once I've listened to all their stuff.

So far, my favourites of theirs are 夕暮れの謝罪, 迷走本能, holy needle, 裸眼, 淋しさと眠れ, and 腐った海で溺れかけてる僕を救ってくれた君.

I think my favourite album of theirs is 落首; while the songs on the album might be same-y at first, they grew on me.

落首 has the heaviness that 愚弄色 seems to lack, and has the substance that the self-titled lacks.

Also, I hate 闇に笑う黒; I even replaced it with 説教38.5℃ (b-side from 過去形真実). :lol:

I still haven't really listened to 黒旗, except for 儚き激情 and 腐った海で・・・, and I've previewed other tracks. From what I can tell, it seems like their heavy (metal) influences have entirely worn off, and I'm expecting to hear more of an indie-rock/punk kind of sound.

Kagerou were really amazing. One of the first VK bands I listened to back in the day. Also one of the few groups who changed their style a lot, yet it never made me cease to like their music. Punk, ballads, Nu Metal or fast tempo songs, I like them all.

I didn however stop listening to them after Daisuke's death. I don't know why, but suddenly it was really strange to listen to his voice and knowing he was dead. Recently I got back into them. Still sad that the we will never hear more of them or Daisuke's voice.

i fucking love kagerou, everything they did, they did incredibly well. im happy they released so much music before their end, they had a great run. i wish they kept going past kurohata, im really curious as to what sound they would have donned for that release.

also

kusatta umi is probably my second favourite song of all time (only behind chain wandering deeply by envy). i can't express in words how much i love everything about that song, it just takes my breath away every single time (its been a 100+ times let me tell ya that)

kagerou wrote the best ballads, especially towards the end of their career, sabishisa to nemure, kusatta umi, ragan, shizumu sora FUCK ITS ALL SO GOOD 

Oh man, Kagerou was the first VK band i listened to, remember loving Zetsubou no Sayonara so much and thinking Daisuke looked so cool in the PV (Still do). 

Time to listen to Shinjuuka!

You shouldn't expect anything else from Kagerou.

Shhhhh......give them time.

Personally, "kusatta umi de oborekaketeiru boku wo sukuttekureta kimi" will always be my favorite track from them.

Kurohata was just legendary.

Kagerou was the last visual band I was 100%, all-in in love with for the longest time. Yuana and Kazu's music in STEREO.C.K. still very much has the aura of Kagerou at times (how could it not??) and I'm dying for them to hurry up and do a full length.

18 minutes ago, Jigsaw9 said:

^ It's already out? I was under the impression it'll be released in, like, late July?

I swear I thought I saw it uploaded on here but apparently not haha sorry about that. Anyway for some reason it's on jpopsuki and I don't know if it's just me but everything sounds infinitely better than what I remembered, maybe it was just shitty rips floating around all along or they just jacked up the sound throughout. 

Weird, I looked it up but the official release date is still 4 weeks away... maybe it's some sort of pre-pre-order special version or idk. :D 

ohh, gonna get it from Jpopsuki asap. knowing the remasters are good makes me excited. so much of their early stuff is only available in shitty rips.

Since I'm always listening to throwback albums, I wanted to listen to their first album again this weekend since we now have a remastered version of it from that new "Best-Of" Collection.

I gotta say, unless my nostalgia goggles are on, this entire album sounds brand fucking new to my ears. Almost like I never listened to this album at all before, and that insults me just typing it out, I'm that serious. No surprise to me, I sat through the entire first-listen, it was so good. So good actually, that I had to replay it all over again just to be sure I wasn't dreaming and that it sounds no different to the originals haha.

This is well worth the money for anyone trying to get it.

I'm on their second album right now because I just like what I'm hearing so much. "XII Dizzy" sounds like it took a time machine to yesterday to get recorded haha I hope that doesn't sound off cuz that's the only way to put it into words.

Definitely gonna use these newer versions to make an Artist Intro playlist for sure. Just really gonna be tough picking only a few of them lol.