So, what does everyone think of the teaser? 

While I'm not crazy about it holistically, I still need to listen to the full tracks to make my "sound" judgments.

... I enjoy the energy that's there and Denis' vocals, but my partialness to the electronic infusion & melodies present in

the first two albums... I'm still conflicted. 

While I certainly like "The Black" and "Let it Sleep" from this new album, it's not "play in repeat for ages" 

level of "like" for me atm.

Wow...

This is the first time since From Death to Destiny that I feel like I'm gonna like enjoy an AA album.

Here I am is gonna be my fav!!!!

I'd never heard them before this thread, and I'll say I had ill preconcieved notions about them.  I always thought they were like one of those late 90s to mid 2000's emo style bands.  I'll have to check them out in the future.

Wow...

This is the first time since From Death to Destiny that I feel like I'm gonna like enjoy an AA album.

Here I am is gonna be my fav!!!!

I feel like that was sarcastic in a way....

Nvm that. The vocalist is not my cup of tea. I cant' figure out why. I think it's the higher tone, that gives the overall sound to their music a lighter feel.

I feel like that was sarcastic in a way....

Nvm that. The vocalist is not my cup of tea. I cant' figure out why. I think it's the higher tone, that gives the overall sound to their music a lighter feel.

3649577.gif

Anyways....

I'd never heard them before this thread, and I'll say I had ill preconcieved notions about them.  I always thought they were like one of those late 90s to mid 2000's emo style bands.  I'll have to check them out in the future.

Its understandable, there was a lot of controversy surrounding the band prior to the departure of the former vocalist. And i believe their first album and their last ones are worth checking out if you wanna try and get into em. 

The band does get a lot of hate from metal elitist's so maybe perhaps that's why. They also did have sort of an emo look when they first came out although they've always been metalcore. Their 1st album did have a small emo influence to it.

The vocalist is not my cup of tea. I cant' figure out why. I think it's the higher tone, that gives the overall sound to their music a lighter feel.

I get that. Danny' vocals were rougher and darker with each progressive album, including his cleans. Although I don't mind Denis's cleans, they remind me of the cleans from Stand Up And Scream. But he definitely has a much lighter timbre than Danny.

I got my copy of the album. So far so good. It's heavier than From death To Destiny, but It's also a pensive album. Will be back with further thoughts once I'm done listening to it.

Also.

Love that Fronz inspired vocal breakdown.

Rumors are spreading that former Vo. Danny might be making a return into the band since they recent samples for their 10 year tour show the former vo. and not the current vo.

You can read an article regarding the matter here: http://loudwire.com/are-asking-alexandria-reuniting-danny-worsnop/

Its official Former vo. Danny is returning to Asking Alexandra and Denis Stoff is out

Article: http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/asking_alexandria_reunite_with_original_frontman_danny_worsnop_former_singe

Edited by -NOVA-

On 10/20/2016 at 9:36 PM, -NOVA- said:

Rumors are spreading that former Vo. Danny might be making a return into the band since they recent samples for their 10 year tour show the former vo. and not the current vo.

You can read an article regarding the matter here: http://loudwire.com/are-asking-alexandria-reuniting-danny-worsnop/

Its official Former vo. Danny is returning to Asking Alexandra and Denis Stoff is out

Article: http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/asking_alexandria_reunite_with_original_frontman_danny_worsnop_former_singe

HAHA holy fuck.

'Bout fucking time.

That Denis guy just didn't fit imo.

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-10-24/denis-stoff-no-drama-over-asking-alexandria-split

Pretty shitty method of telling the band mates he is no longer in the band.

He did come across as a little shit imo.

I'm really happy about Danny returning.

I'm not a fan of the first AA records, but FDTD + Danny's raw vocals give me chills. I just can't describe what I feel when I listen his clear raw voice and his screams. It's just awesome. I know he fucked up his voice doing so in the past, so I'm wondering how the next record will sound...

I still have to buy The Black tho... I think Denis did a great job in its own way (sure it was a different voice but this guy can handle it so that was nice) but ditching the band like that wasn't correct (I've seen the facebook video 2 days ago).

^wow the article xD 'I told you so' lmao the reputation xD

it's gonna be hard for him to find another band if he's ditching them like shit.

Okay, basically Danny left because he stopped caring about AA so... they brought Denis who doesn't want to tour with AA so... he left, and the vocalist who stopped caring is back. Makes sense tbh. I remember when Bruce stated (talking about Danny) "[...] He didn’t like screaming, he didn’t like heavy music, he didn’t like the fans, he didn’t like anything to do with AA.” 

And yet he's back. Okay, why not. the most childish shit I've ever witnessed tbh but okay.

I honestly really enjoyed Danny's vocals on the "From Death To Destiny" album (and the album too, nothing spectacular but enjoyable), that said I'm not expecting anything from this band.

The only thing I'm joyfully looking forward is how is the band going to perform their latest album (and the previous ones) with a guy that doesn't like screaming, doesn't like heavy music, doesn't like the fans and anything to do with AA.

Edited by Visutox

13 hours ago, eiheartx said:

Did you hear about this?

What a scumbag. Seriously it's becoming harder and harder to tolerate Denis at this point. wtf.

http://insaneblog79.blogspot.fr/2016/10/denis-stoff-ex-asking-alexandria-now-ex.html

LOL

I've been watching the recent uploaded videos of the tour, and holy shit Danny sounds OG as fuck haha.

I can't wait for later today.

Edited by YuyoDrift

There's footage of a show with Danny and he sounds a lot better than I expected. I think his taste is shit and it reflected badly on AA when they stopped being emos. That said, he sounded swell on some new clips I saw. 

I miss Denis lol. I respect the hustle and his vocals are perfect for this music

Did not see Danny coming back to be honest, or Dennis leaving for that matter.  This was pretty crazy.

I don't know the reasons why Dennis left, but if the rumors turn out to be true, and he is just a gold digger, well he's kinda of a dick. Don't know why you would leave the position of vocalist for one of the most popular metalcore bands around for no good reason. 

Speaking of which The Black was a disappointment.It had barely any of the AA magic.  It's probably the band's weakest and most forgettable album. It's got some good song, but it just drags out and sounds uninteresting after the first few tracks. It doesn't have the energy or heaviness of their first 2 albums, or the charm and interesting blend of metalcore and 80's rock that FTD had. What 80's influence it does have, sounds half assed and forced. And Dennis actually sounded better in Down and Dirty than In The Black. Wtf?

I bought the album and listened to it multiple times, but I could never get into it as an album. I mostly just play the tracks that appeal to me the most now.

Also anybody listen to their cover of slipknot's duality? Dennis clearly did not give a fuck on that cover, since his performance is totally weak. It would be interesting to know the timeline in which that song was recorded since it might align with the time when he began to fall out of the band.

Would of have loved to see Danny on this.

As far as having Danny back, I admit it's cool, but my concern would be his performance. His vocals aren't why they used to be, so it it will be interesting to see how things out turn during the long run in his live performance. Judging from what I've seen so far, that year off really did some good for his vocals. What I'm most excited about is seeing if the band will record with Danny and how that process will work. I would love to see Danny be passionate about heavy music again and put effort into making another great album with the band. His vocals may not be what they were, but he can clearly still make great use of them like in FTD. I hope to get songs more in the vain of Dead or their first 2 albums. 

1 hour ago, Panda_bear said:

As far as having Danny back, I admit it's cool, but my concern would be his performance. His vocals aren't why they used to be, so it it will be interesting to see how things out turn during the long run in his live performance. Judging from what I've seen so far, that year off really did some good for his vocals.

As of seeing him live recently, I can assure you, this son of a bitch has no problem with performance.

Fucking A, I thought he could rupture eardrums with his yells. Attacking the stage is an understatement.

I believe his change in music direction has allowed him to master his range and precision for high notes. Even his growls have more power this time.

Almost like a new high for him, and it looks like he likes it too haha.

I did miss the younger feel of his vocals before his vocal chord injury as well, but the raw talent is still there.

The Black was a slap to the face to not only the true fans, but to the members themselves.

Good god, I am so glad I didn't buy that horseshit.

How about we all forget about that album? haha.

Danny looked like he was having fun during the performance, and if the boys will behave, then I'm sure that Danny will give in once again.

The REAL question is: can he juggle his solo career and his other band We are Harlots, who are already fearing that they may disband soon.

I listened to Mexico the other day, and as much as country is his current passion, it just doesn't suit him.

It's like listening to a caged bird sing.

Thoughts on the new song? 

I stopped following AA when they released From Death to Destiny so I’m surprised that I actually really liked this. Definitely different from what they used to be but bands change over time and I actually like this change. Still it’s nice to have Danny back and I’m looking forward to the new album. 

What's the general consensus on this album here on MH? I definitely enjoyed a bunch of tracks, but I can understand the compaints that they've gone soft. But what really bothers me tho is the final mix of the album. It's like they've equalized everything on medium and that's it. So many songs were potentially harder, "rawer", and they watered everything down by the end. I call it the Leda Syndrome. Check Eve's leaked demo and the final ver:

Even in shitty phone quality it sounds so much better...

40 minutes ago, chemicalpictures said:

It's like they've equalized everything on medium and that's it. So many songs were potentially harder, "rawer", and they watered everything down by the end.

I would agree to this, to an extent.

The album is refined, and like you mentioned, it's easy to see why some fans don't like it.

I too, would love to listen to a version of "Eve" that had prioritized higher frequencies more than trying to balance the entire track. It needs more "life" to it.

What made AA so great in the beginning of their career, was their determination to be the loudest fucking band out there. Making noise essentially, not giving a single fuck about anything else.

What we see now is the band truly focusing on creating pieces of work with meaning behind them. What they want to achieve is making music that's just right for them, showing their maturity as a reunited group of friends once again, letting go of past BS.

It's actually very commendable, as most bands never stay together long after some drama, let alone forgive, to then embrace this change. Danny certainly has vastly improved his vocals, and its one of the highlights of the entire album, as songs that may sound bland, hold their own with his singing.

You can also look at it from the other side, saying that the band is trying to be mature to a point where you may say "they're trying too hard".

Focusing too much on trying to make the music "just right", to then sound "watered down" as you put it.

Some fucker on Sputnik said they come off too "Nickleback" haha cracked me up.

25 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

You can also look at it from the other side, saying that the band is trying to be mature to a point where you may say "they're trying too hard".

While Danny definitely improved in comparison with years ago it still feels like this.

The "oh we eventually had to kick out our previous vocalist (well, he left I guess) because he was an asshole but look we got the original dude back" only goes that far. I remember loving their first release but it went just down from there imo. The new album is fine but forgettable. It's definitely not AA as I got to know them. Which reminds me, didn't Danny leave out of creative differences anyway?

I've been a AA fan from the very beginning and is my favorite English related band. I have to say this new album they made was really interesting. Danny in a interview said basically that he wanted to do away with the old AA and explained why him and how him and the band wrote and why the wrote each song. That's why so many people are surprised on how different AA sounds now compared to back then and to be honest I agree with Danny 100%. There was a lot of drama that went down in the past and in the end this album in a way is a sign that the band moving on from the past they once had, to re-do AA over. The reason why you don't hear Danny scream a lot in the new album is because his vocals are shot from crazy drinking and previous AA events. They went on tour a lot, repeating songs and screaming from 2009-2015 did a number on his voice. So he needed to kinda work on his voice a bit with less screaming.

Thank god Denis is gone... JUEZUS

On 1/11/2018 at 1:57 PM, Kaye said:

Which reminds me, didn't Danny leave out of creative differences anyway?

As for why he left/kicked out. He did a horrible thing which left the band in a bad spot in the eyes of all audiences. So he left and went solo for a time think it was country music he was doing idk :/  until he returned in late 2016.

Edited by Axius