allisapp

Pets and animals

I don't like dogs at all, but I think some dogs are really cute and I can't resist to pet them! Also, I love cats. But more than this, I love birds. I don't like to see some rare birds in cages or things like it (also in the zoo). It makes me really sad. But I do have three birds! Two cockatiels and one parakeet.

dsc0001257.jpg

omg lots of adorable pets in this post @__@
This.

I preffer dogs but I like any kind of animal

*picture*
still looks like a puppy O.o

I have a bunny, his name is Benny but we just call him Ben or idiot etc. :D

30286_1131887034201_1738021499_238803_6278261_n.jpg he was so cute when he was small

most recent.. from Christmas :D

still cute but he's so big :D

dsc03605v.jpg he didn't like it :D

dsc03607h.jpg

I definetly love cats, here's mine. Her name's Saszka. I keep her in my home since 2001, perhaps :) Hope it's visible. Who wouldn't think that lazy, sleepy cats are so cute :wink:

scaled.php?server=839&filename=20101015w.jpg&res=medium

But overall I have a lot of favourite animals mostly the wild ones. These are raccoons, pandas, foxes, especially them, you can often recognise me at several portals. I use there lot of happy, sleepy foxies at my profile pics :D Yeah, I know that wild animals aren't pets, so hope it's not an offtop :lol:

I love animals alot, but cats wins, i have one cat named nelli, she about seven years old and she got perfect personality, yeah and about 2 weeks then new kitten comes home :3

I know I've read this thread before because I remember a lot of the animals. :wub:

I'm a huge animal person. My favorite, above all others, are cats.

In the past I have had dogs, a chicken (as a true pet, not used for fresh eggs), lizards, snakes, various freshwater fish, frogs/salamanders, caterpillars (we released them when they became butterflies), a rabbit, and a few ant farms.

I have taken care of pet rats and wouldn't mind having a pet rat of my own in the future. ^_^

I also like ferrets, sugar gliders, select breeds of bird, hamsters, chinchillas, and oh-so-many more!

I'm afraid that I don't have any pets at the moment. Growing up I also had multiple pets. When I moved out I was only able to keep one of my cats, but she died last year at the young age of 11 or 12 years. I adopted another cat from a shelter late last year but she was stolen... =/ I suppose it was for the best since my new landlord won't allow pets at all. I hope to move soon..... I miss my furry babies.

Currently we have two cats and two dogs. All of them were given to us or random strays.

The two dogs are mother and daughter, though we got them at different times.

The grey one is the younger (~3 years), and ungodly neurotic, but sweet when she wants to be. Likes men better, which is funny cause she was owned by a woman, and lives with mostly women now. The previous owner couldn't handle her anymore, so she gave her to me, since we already had her mother. She was her mother's last puppy.

The elder, black one is quite old (8-10 years) and was basically a breeder dog, only used to have puppies until we got her. She's missing teeth, so her tongue sticks out constantly, and she snorts when you pet her. She used to be scared of people, but a couple years with us smoothed that out... now she runs to people for petting and attention. (She's actually been trimmed since this picture.)

The first cat we got as a kitten. Someone had dropped her off at the mall in a bag and my aunt found her and gave her to us. We've had her since... she's about 8 now. She's a bit of a bitch, but if she wants attention, she'll do anything to get it. She's also extremely smart and will jump onto shoulders when she's high up and can't get down.

This cat is MY cat, cause no one else really likes her... even though she does irritate me at times. She was dropped off at my aunt's house and given to us since no one claimed her. She's about 10 years old, and is a Maine Coon. She weighs 20 lbs, and acts like a giant idiot but is really rather smart. She's scared of so many things, including the dogs, even though she's more than twice their size and has fallen on them once or twice. She knocks her food over so she doesn't have to stand and eat. And she knows that the best way to get me to pay attention to her is to lay where I put my feet.

And if you don't believe me about her size:

She lays like that constantly, pawing at my leg for attention.

I know I already posted about my older dog, Sir Evan, who's the most gentle-hearted lad in the whole world.

But now I can tell you about my new pet, which I got about a month ago.

My lady bassist:

603124_322395501200059_1891034801_n.jpg

No, really, her name is Basisti (a Finnish word for a bassist). She's a pure breed Welsh corgi pembroke with the breeder name Zilber Wasserfal "Afina". And yes, she's got a tail, even though some of you (*cough cough*) think that corgis only have little stubbs naturally, or no tail at all. Actually, her tail is really bushy and kinda fox-like, with a little white end in it like if it had been dipped to a can of white paint.

So yes, I got this little beauty a month ago. I've been quite depressed lately, and really antisocial, and I thought having a dog of my own would help. I mean, I do have my older lad, but he's mostly my dad's dog, being that he follows him everywhere. I wanted a dog who thinks I'm above everything else. But since I've got a job and sometimes 8 or 9 hour work days, I couldn't get a small puppy, since they need to be fed 3 or 4 times a day. And I precisely wanted a corgi. I was prepared to wait for an eternity while scrobling through a "pets sold/given to good homes" adds.

Then this one add got my attention. It was for a 6-months-old, sable corgi girl. For a day I consulted my best friend whether I should call the owner and ask about the dog. I mean... she was perfect for me! A red and white corgi and not too old but old enough to be alone for few hours. After my friend said "go for it" the next day, I called the owner. I managed to get a meeting with him for the next day.

The pup was quite expensive, 1000€ ($1300) and I had planned to reserve her for a cost of 300€, since the owner said there were other people coming to see her. So I went there, panicking a lot, and once I arrived and stepped out of the car, I was immediately greeted by a fuzzy ball of joy. I couldn't keep my hands away from her! Even when I was inside and talking with the owner and drinking tea, I constantly interrupted him and myself by playing with the pup and praising her.

At the end of the meeting I said to the dog: "I wish I could take you with me right now". The owner responded by saying that I should. I didn't have the full price of the dog with me there and I stuttered to tell him that. He said it isn't a problem since there was a cash withdrawal machine a couple of miles away and I could easily drive there. So I did, and withdrew enough money to take her with me. When I asked the owner about the other people coming to see the dog, he just said he was gonna cancel their arrival and tell them the dog is gone, since to him I seemed like a perfect owner for the dog. He even told me about a couple who had come to see her but didn't pay any attention to her, which affected greatly on his choice of not giving the pup to them.

And ever since I've had the most amazing dog in the world.

And this is a true story.

Anyways, about Basisti. She's brilliant. I mean really. She's a really fast learner and it usually takes about fifteen minutes to teach her anything. Any trick there is. After a month she knows how to sit, lie down, give a paw, go to sleep, wait for her food, leave something alone and, of course, the most important thing: her new name. She was previously called Dennis, but I always wanted a dog to call a bassist, so... yeah.

She's a tough little gal. Likes to play with dogs twice her size and she probably thinks she's bigger than she actually is. But she totally wrestles with them and isn't a wuzz at all. She also barks a lot. At everything. People, animals, shadows, crows, sticks, noises... I'm alright with that. I don't mind my dog barking. I feel secure when I know there's someone informing me about weird dudes entering my house. But, I want my dog to know when to stop, so I'm on my way to teach her the command "silence". When I say it, she must stop barking.

She's kinda sound-allert and a bit of a scaredy cat. Like... sudden noises make her jumpy. The other day I accidentally threw one of her toys at a paper bag and the sound coming out of that made her fear paper bags. I had to make her eat on a paper bag to assure her paper bags won't harm her. :'D Now I think she's afraid of the shower because I forced her in there. But hey, she needs to be washed from time to time!

Even though she's a bit of a difficult case, I wouldn't trade her for anything. She's the apple of my eye and the love of my life <3

I mean seriously, look at that adorable little face <3

576255_313778262061783_1949976174_n.jpg

YO dis mah dog, he's 3 years old now

His name is Duke. He's a baller.

Oh god.. pets... where to begin....

Zeus - Green Cheek Conure

BURDW.jpg

Kiwi - Parrotlet

h5bNA.jpg

Bunnbun - New Zealand White Rabbit

BQqAb.jpg

Cydaea - Mexican Red Knee Tarantula (points if you know where her name came from)

CHdEB.jpg

No Name Yet - Antilles Pinktoe Tarantula (baby)

p3WNL.jpg

Bonus!

UBYjE.jpg

We also have three aquariums strewn about the apartment. One on my desk with a betta named Apollo - One in the kitchen with various Platy's that have had many babies - and one in our bedroom next to our bed with two clown fish, little critters with live rock and various soft coral species. I'll post pictures of the aquariums sometime soon~

I am terrified of fish and i havent the slightest clue why.

and yes, that means even goldfish and such..

cats > dogs.

im pretty much obsessed with my cat and his name is Virgil and he's the cutest kitty ever.

3f8ef55a5ea411e281cb22000a1f9a0a_7.jpg

he was trying to help me with the dishes....or something like that.

I've recently come to love cats through my boyfriend's old blind cat Rosie. Usually I'm a dog person.

165092_10151342454734776_494706314_n.jpg

Isaac Clarke

I had a billion of these fish when I was a kid. One had like no color and I could see his organs so I named him Casper~