allisapp

Pets and animals

I dislike dogs, actually i kinda hate them.

Mostly because how loud they are, and how society accepts them as man's best friend even though they can be Just as dangerous as any other wild animal plus 99% of the dog owners I've met in real don't take care of them seriously.

I like small cats and rodents. So far I have petted rabbits, parrots, sparrows, cats, puppies, chicks, goats and turtles though currently i only own a medium sized fish tanks with 6 different kind of fishes.

On 2/22/2019 at 11:54 PM, -Tetsu- said:

I don't have any pets atm but during the past 8 years I had several generations of rats living with me.

Sadly I don't have enough space for a big cage to get some again in my new apartment and I horribly miss having rats so much ...

404098_479030635449255_753144207_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-2.xx&oh=ef4630e6c1acc0eaafb99530499269e9&oe=5D1C81491425746_693448344007482_1745850740_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-2.xx&oh=03a3b5d2346a9a05e1fa9e134e723158&oe=5CECE63Atumblr_nnsd8njeWV1t2v6v7o1_1280.jpg

12524181_1099454270073552_3256944350686634000_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-2.xx&oh=6fca18ba3a096b44edb222047a75b695&oe=5CDFE67919225160_1549724768379831_1647425764800454185_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-2.xx&oh=9e20886ac24cc8a32cf39172f7a1b970&oe=5CDB5503

Holy moly!!! I just want to grab and hug them all!! These tiny balls of love ah...

@yomii Thank you, we did make lots of memories together. We did have to separate two years ago because I had to move overseas twice, so he stayed with my best friend and lived out his senior years in comfort and happiness (albeit constantly chasing cats away like a grumpy old man haha). Fortunately I came back home just in time to say goodbye. 

@chizuruki oh there is so much love in your words, Rooki was lucky to have such a loving friend~ i bet he was really happy to see you before going away.

Big brick head of a dog named Frito, adopted about half a year ago. He's approximately 95% giant noggin. :) I adore him muchly, he in turn adores food, trying to escape outside, laying on the couch upside down, long walks, and destroying all fluffy toys.

3583qdj.jpg

Edited by daintypersnicketydingo

On 3/6/2019 at 10:31 AM, FOSCOR70 said:

Holy moly!!! I just want to grab and hug them all!! These tiny balls of love ah...

You don't know how much I'd love to hug those cuties again for at least one last time ... :(

Back when I was living with my family, we had a foxhound named Josie. She was absolutely beautiful, and because she had light blonde fur, she'd pretty much glow in the sunlight.

EeVHheG.jpg

I took that picture from the Dogs Trust website ages ago because all the other pictures I had of her were on my old phone, which I don't have anymore. Good thing I saved it when I did, because I just checked back on their website and her picture's no longer there.

We got her in the summer, and we were all a little awestruck when we first saw her because her summer coat that year had a large white outline of a heart on her back. I don't remember if it was like that every year, but it definitely was that year. She was two when we got her (born April 20th, 2008... I still remember her birthday) and eight when we had to give her away (we got evicted). Never really got to say goodbye to her, but I hear she's with a new, loving family now, so that's a positive.

She was a funny dog; a bit daft, and liked to think she was a human (she would sit like one, try to express her emotions like one, etc). She was good at reading people to an almost scary level; she'd comfort them when they were sad more effectively than any human could, and she could even tell when they were about to be sick. When I was eleven years old, I got ill at school at around 11am and had to be sent home not long after. When my mother came to pick me up, she said Josie had been very anxious at around 11am but she calmed down when I got home.

Ahh, I could go on forever about old Josie, but I won't turn this soliloquy into a book. I've dragged this out long enough.

9 minutes ago, Gesu said:

Back when I was living with my family, we had a foxhound named Josie. She was absolutely beautiful, and because she had light blonde fur, she'd pretty much glow in the sunlight.

EeVHheG.jpg

I took that picture from the Dogs Trust website ages ago because all the other pictures I had of her were on my old phone, which I don't have anymore. Good thing I saved it when I did, because I just checked back on their website and her picture's no longer there.

We got her in the summer, and we were all a little awestruck when we first saw her because her summer coat that year had a large white outline of a heart on her back. I don't remember if it was like that every year, but it definitely was that year. She was two when we got her (born April 20th, 2008... I still remember her birthday) and eight when we had to give her away (we got evicted). Never really got to say goodbye to her, but I hear she's with a new, loving family now, so that's a positive.

She was a funny dog; a bit daft, and liked to think she was a human (she would sit like one, try to express her emotions like one, etc). She was good at reading people to an almost scary level; she'd comfort them when they were sad more effectively than any human could, and she could even tell when they were about to be sick. When I was eleven years old, I got ill at school at around 11am and had to be sent home not long after. When my mother came to pick me up, she said Josie had been very anxious at around 11am but she calmed down when I got home.

Ahh, I could go on forever about old Josie, but I won't turn this soliloquy into a book. I've dragged this out long enough.

what a smart dog♡ it's a shame you had to part ways with her...but i guess it's still good that you had such a nice friend〜 hope she's happy in a new family too.

Mine is a large page of cats, right now there are 5, but 3 are feral and I can only feed them...but they more or less don't leave this area or the things we've built for them to sleep in. The one making all the weird faces is essentially my child (Kiki) and I have raised her from barely 2 weeks old. She showed up in the pasture almost at the dead of night, and if I hadn't heard her mewing who knows what would've happened, I feel very lucky to have good hearing, no one else heard her through the walls. She would follow me around as if I was a parent cat, only 1 foot away at any time, and sleep on my shoulder. I really got no sleep for 4 months just like a real parent lol, she would cry all night if she couldn't be on or near me. (The problem was where I was staying had an annoying and poorly trained dog and I couldn't risk it.)
Now she's bananas just like me though, and we chase each other around, as I grew up with over 13 cats I can't help feeling a little part cat my whole life lol, I love them more than anything (legitimately) and I seem to have always been able to make friends with every single one I meet.
The fat fluffy one was rescued from the middle of the highway as a kitten, I more or less raised her too but she had a much less dependent personality, she's still weird though and likes to '''hide''' in fake plants. She'll also scream at me if I don't give her meat and sometimes sit next to me while I eat and grab my hand lol.
Aside from them a number of years back I lost my near lifelong cat and his brother, they were both pure white with heterochromia, wasn't a good time for me...but it was lucky I found Kiki shortly before, definitely helped me deal with such a big part of my life gone.

tumblr_pode0jDqQi1rnvpzuo2_r1_1280.png

I also have a four year old flame knee tarantula, it was smaller than the size of a water bottle cap when I got it. Now maybe a bit bigger than a mandarin.

Spoiler

tumblr_pode0jDqQi1rnvpzuo1_r1_1280.png

I visited my brother and his royal pythons again after a long time.

HXCCz8M.jpg

Marie was very curious and adventurous, she didn't want to stay still at all so it was hard to get a decent picture of her. That tongue is somehow so funny though.

j7LUtdf.jpg

Ernest had really grown a lot, he's noticeably bigger than Marie now. He's still a bit more shy and hesitant one though.

And yes my brother really named these snakes after Marie Curie and Ernest Rutherford. What a nerd.

Maybe someday when I stop being a poor and broke student I'll finally get a pet snake for myself too. They're just such amazing creatures.

On 2/21/2019 at 8:30 AM, Koumori said:

I got a new family member on Sunday. Meet Kuma the Shiba Inu!

fEhrpWLx.png

nhVBN7h4.png

G0RegmR5.png

8JKvDbmi.png

Your dog is literally anime in that second picture, how in the hell xD