• Announcements

• Zeus

Minor Forum Glitches   07/30/17

As always, with shiny new features comes shiny new bugs. Some users may experience temporary loss of name color as they use MH.
allisapp

Pets and animals

5 minutes ago, Lestat said:

Females are quite territorial though, especially in small pens or enclosures, so a male might be a better choice for your first rabbit. Before our boys came we had two females who were especially nasty and would attack you the second you came close, unfortunately we had to get rid of them because of that. They came from the same family so I am not sure what was different. Our boys ended up in the same pen and were the sweetest things (Wolly's brother passed very early, he was severely handicapped) so that was not particularly the problem.

I see, i haven't looked up any information yet regarding it so i did not know about this.

The territorial might indeed be a problem, but you speak of this when talking about 2 bunny's, i was more or less thinking about 1 of them, would that cause the same issue you think?

Could be i would get 2 bunny's instead. i think i heard a few times these type of animals can get quite lonely if they do not have a playmate.

And i'm sorry to hear about his brother, but i'm glad to read that Wolly is active and healthy :)

4 minutes ago, Jennifer Hage said:

I see, i haven't looked up any information yet regarding it so i did not know about this.

The territorial might indeed be a problem, but you speak of this when talking about 2 bunny's, i was more or less thinking about 1 of them, would that cause the same issue you think?

Could be i would get 2 bunny's instead. i think i heard a few times these type of animals can get quite lonely if they do not have a playmate.

And i'm sorry to hear about his brother, but i'm glad to read that Wolly is active and healthy :)

I wouldn't know, all our rabbits usually had a playmate. The first rabbit we had had a guinea pig for company, and after the guinea pig passed, we got two other guinea pigs to put with him and there was never an issue. He was never alone and very docile, albeit a bit grumpy sometimes but this is quite common (but I guess that might have had something to do with his appearance, haha), and he also got quite old. The one we have now of course had his brother, but after his passing he was never nasty or anything. It was just the females that gave us problems for some reason. 

4 hours ago, Lestat said:

I wouldn't know, all our rabbits usually had a playmate. The first rabbit we had had a guinea pig for company, and after the guinea pig passed, we got two other guinea pigs to put with him and there was never an issue. He was never alone and very docile, albeit a bit grumpy sometimes but this is quite common (but I guess that might have had something to do with his appearance, haha), and he also got quite old. The one we have now of course had his brother, but after his passing he was never nasty or anything. It was just the females that gave us problems for some reason. 

That is good to hear, ill keep everything you said in mind because i'm planning to get one someday :)

If possible, i'll try to get a grumpy looking one myself :P

I myself don't sadly own any pets (mainly because I don't have the time and money, otherwise I'd probably already have bought myself a horse T.T), but my brother has two cute little snakes.

WQY3Er0.png

bNoKlYN.png

They're both royal pythons, the first one's a 4-year-old female and the second one's a 2-year-old male. They're both so adorable!

Edited by chocobuzz