Spike760

lynch.

Agreed. I actually really like I Believe In Me; there's some nice variety going on and the harder tracks are awesome. Greedy Dead Souls is my favourite mainly due to the whole range of sounds and atmospheres they create. 

This is probably blasphemy but I haven't sat through The Avoided Sun once. Every song on there sounds the same to me :/

I haven't listened to these guys for a while...

1) Shadows (many great tunes)

2) I Believe in Me (read: Bear's comment)

3) Inferiority Complex (decent sequel I guess?)

4) The Avoided Sun (as far as I remember, it was okay)

5) Greedy Dead Souls (no)

6) Gallows (no, no, no, noooooooope)

The last two were worth trash binning :>

Since everyone is in a list-making mood, mine would be...

1. Greedy Dead Souls (it was their only album when I checked them out, still the best! heavy and catchy at the same time)

2. Shadows (I didn't like it much when it came out but grew to appreciate it a lot!)

3. Gallows (not too memorable but a most welcome addition after their last few boring albums! also, awesome sound/production)

4. The Avoided Sun (literally don't remember anything of this, other than it not being bad)

I won't even put the remaining two albums in the list, they're that unremarkable.

I Believe in Me is really growing on me.

Gotta admit, I keep singing songs off it.

It' so interesting to see certain albums on polar opposites of different people's lists.

+1 Aoi Mochi amd Jigsaw9's Greedy dead souls comment. I personally think GDS is their most creative/experimental work. It featured a dark Nagoya-Kei sound yet had some lighter elements, and they experimented with different instruments (electronics/sampling, bells/dreambox).

I also love how in many songs Hazuki does this thing where he yells/explodes into his singing parts. Kinda hard to explain.

Speaking of which, I'm curious to find out what songs will be on the best album. I caved in and pre-ordered a copy.

You can laugh at me all you want, but I really like GALLOWS; I think it's a great album, I was totally psyched since the previews went public, I did not feel let down, and I do NOT regret buying it! Although, I will say that the Engrish can be quite embarrassing at times...

Also, kind of random, but I think EXODUS should have been a full-length album, instead of making it a mini with all those singles released beforehand. I think EXODUS works better like this:

・EXODUS

・I'm sick b'coz I love u (2013)

・ASHES

・BALLAD

・HIDDEN

・VANISH

・CRYSTALLISE

・THE MORNING GLOW

・BE STRONG

・LIGHTNING

・INVINCIBLE

・NIGHT

^ Same. I actually see it as quite an improvement, over the last few bigger releases at least. With that said tho, I haven't re-listened to it in a hundred years (just like their other stuff xD).

What did all ya'lls think of their new best-of anniversary album?

Me personally, I didn't find it all too exciting. It was cool at first hearing their older tracks re-recorded but it didn't stay that way. They weren't terribly different, if at all, and if anything lost the feel of the originals through over production.

Except songs like "Blasted Back Bone" which needed some heavier mixing from the beginning IMO. That stuff is gooooood.

What are some of your favorite re-recordings?

Mine are:

-from the end

-I'm sic b cuz luv you

-The Blasted Back bone

What did all ya'lls think of their new best-of anniversary album?

Me personally, I didn't find it all too exciting. It was cool at first hearing their older tracks re-recorded but it didn't stay that way. They weren't terribly different, if at all, and if anything lost the feel of the originals through over production.

Except songs like "Blasted Back Bone" which needed some heavier mixing from the beginning IMO. That stuff is gooooood.

What are some of your favorite re-recordings?

Mine are:

-from the end

-I'm sic b cuz luv you

-The Blasted Back bone

++++++ambivalent ideal & last nite

past exodus are lynch.'s only listenable songs production wise, ignoring the massive clipping and loudness disaster so i think those two especially needed a punchier rework and imo it sounds awesome.

Well as usual this "best of" of a japanese band isn't one :D. It surely is hard for a J-band to ask the audience which songs are rad and which aren't. On stage the audience always cheers out of respect, on question no one will criticise or favour one work over the other out of respect.. how do they do it?

However I also found "from the end" and "forgiven" to be the best re-recordings. The other ones were mostly just unnecessary. I came to like the GALLOWS production for what it is, and everything else is just fine as it is.

Speaking of which, it made me think of some of my favorite lynch. tracks that weren't on the best of:

-Mujun to sora

-rasen

-roaring in the dark

-ecdysis

-cultic my execution

-Before you know it

Speaking of which, it made me think of some of my favorite lynch. tracks that weren't on the best of:

-Mujun to sora

-rasen

-roaring in the dark

-ecdysis

-cultic my execution

-Before you know it

yeah its a shame they put so much new shit on there when they could have put songs like those ^ rerecorded :(

meh they gotta make money somehow

Since lynch. is releasing a new album this year I thought it'd be fun to go back and remember all the animals lynch. used for their covers and list your favorite one and your favorite animal.

Favorite lynch cover: I Believe in Me (regular edition)

Favorite animal: right now, MegaMouth Shark

Oo, for fun, what animal do you predict lynch will use for their next album?

I predict another bird. They always do birds. But I hope they do a Gorilla.

Everybody! Go!

fav: the bird on gallows is gorgeous

least fav: the wolf with the wig is still traumatizing o mg

next animal: fish

fishes are fucking metal

As for the animals, I like all of them, but I still can't get past that horribly placed text on the GALLOWS cover, lol (for anyone who feels the same way, here is a textless version). My favorite cover is probably SHADOWS, I even used it as an avatar when the album came out. Next animal? No clue, but I'd rather not see another bird. :P A lion would be nice I guess.

Another album...? I'm sorry but they release way too much.

Why not a album every few years? I mean, their music is still consistent and decent but still..

Guest lynchisizer

I liked all album covers so far, I can't pick a favorite because all of them are very unique :o

My favorite lynch. cover are greedy dead souls and the buried ones! I love their dark style :D!

what animal do you predict lynch will use for their next album?

I predict another bird. They always do birds. But I hope they do a Gorilla.

Bird,bird everywhere.

But I hope they will change,just like with Inferiority Complex!

The gorilla should be so cool hahahah ~.

For me the wolf was too cool hahahah :'D!

I always liked wolfface bitch

Guest lynchisizer

well now we know they used a piano this time, so everyone who didn't wanted to see another bird should be happy now :D