Spike760

lynch.

^ He would make for a nice transvestite *joking*

Just to make it clear lynch. is indeed considered as VK. As long as they take care of their look and they are wearing make-up (yes less and less), they do consider themselves VK.

Shadows is Lynch's best release.

Shadows is Lynch's best release.

I agree with this. I also want to add in that their latest singles are also pretty good. I just can't get into anything off of THE AVOIDED SUN or THE BURIED. greedy dead souls is an alright release with some iffy tracks (Latin Maria in particular I find pretty boring). SHADOWS though, I just enjoy from beginning to end. I have no doubt I BELIEVE IN ME will be equally as good, if not better than, SHADOWS.

Guest lynchisizer

Best <3 band <3 ever <3 love all their releases, being a loyal fan for more than 2 years, always will be one UNTIL I DIE!!! <3 <3 <3

just a random fangirl-comment passing by~ :3

Hey ya'lls Lynch fans,

I'm just getting into the band and was wondering if people could recommend their favorite song/releases by them.

So far I've listened to "The Avoided Sun" and "a grateful shit" and soon will give "Shadows" and "Greedy dead souls" a listen.

I like what I heard in the first half of "The Avoided Sun" and loved "a grateful shit".

I have even higher expectations after hearing that "Shadows" and "Greedy dead souls" are their best releases. (more so "Shadows" than Gds tho)

How are their newer albums and how do they compare to their older work?

Looking around the forum it sounds like their newer work is just about average, but do people somewhat enjoy them? 

My favorite album is probably SHADOWS. The album that was released after that, I BELIEVE IN ME, is very good but everything after that is average imo. Only post-2011 song I remember really liking is THE MORNING GLOW and it's a b-side. There might be some hidden gems on the three most recent albums (counting the mini-album too) but I don't really remember that well, they didn't leave a good impression to me.

I think they should focus on doing more lighter songs like Lie, Frozen or Maze instead of the oogaboogacore.

I have to say as good as their older albums are, the post-Shadowz releases don't disappoint. GALLOWS is a bit sterile as they have settled into a very expected metal sound being Nagoya Kei but if you can get over it's samey nature there are still some quite good songs.

Thanks for the answers!

It's nice to know they're consistent but not necessarily in a boring way.

I guess it's sort of like the GazettE as of late? Not amazing and may not be as good as you remember, but still enjoyable.

I still like "The Avoided Sun" most. It's the most consistent for me. GALLOWS actually isn't bad either. Although there are much more fillers, it has a great nagoya kei vibe among the "stronger songs ( the first few+ the last few)

I like what I heard in the first half of "The Avoided Sun" and loved "a grateful shit".

I have even higher expectations after hearing that "Shadows" and "Greedy dead souls" are their best releases. (more so "Shadows" than Gds tho)

I personally think they peaked around the avoided sun - that album and preceding few singles are what I like the most about them.

I didn't like any of recent releases as well. greedy dead souls is a good deathgaze-style album.

greedy dead souls and under the skin will always remain my favorite lynch releases I guess (along with their collection album THE BURIED). They started in a dark but totally fun aggressive style with hints of Nagoya-kei melancholy and then they gradually transformed into "dime-a-dozen snoozecore-wannabe of the week" for I BELIEVE IN ME and INFERIORITY COMPLEX. They still kinda retained this style on this year's GALLOWS but they somehow gained back their spark imo. So yeah, GALLOWS is finally something I can listen to again without hitting 'skip' (but still far from their old greatness).

I believe GALLOWS and SHADOWS is their best work. INFERIORITY COMPLEX was a step up from I BELIEVE IN ME (which was bad...) but they both have select great songs on em. Also their oldie gems are pretty nice as well. 

My favorite album is probably SHADOWS. The album that was released after that, I BELIEVE IN ME, is very good but everything after that is average imo. Only post-2011 song I remember really liking is THE MORNING GLOW and it's a b-side. There might be some hidden gems on the three most recent albums (counting the mini-album too) but I don't really remember that well, they didn't leave a good impression to me.

I think they should focus on doing more lighter songs like Lie, Frozen or Maze instead of the oogaboogacore.

Good to see that there are other people than me willing to see them progress out of their comfort zone (GALLOWS was literally blank delivery tbqh)

We have a good share of some "neat oogaboogacore" already (e.g. "All this I'll give you"), Hazuki - time to move on!

I think Shadows and The Avoided Sun are top notch album, while Greedy Dead Souls, The Buried and I Believe in Me are very good albums. The little I've heard from post-I Believe in Me have been a massive yawn. No thank you.

Never really got the "hate" for I Believe in Me in me either. Great poppy rock.

I believe GALLOWS and SHADOWS is their best work. INFERIORITY COMPLEX was a step up from I BELIEVE IN ME (which was bad...) but they both have select great songs on em. Also their oldie gems are pretty nice as well. 

Fixed so that I can say "agree with you there".

But really, they need to go back to experimenting. Another SHADOWS would be the exact thing to make up for how they've been disappointing their fans with the recent recycled material.

Five years and still no kickass song like Cultic My Execution.

10 Tracks on SHADOWS and no kickass song like Cultic My Execution.

Sry ;D just had to say that.

So I gave "Shadows" a listen and overall I like it. It needs to sink in more but the first impression I got was that, as an album, it's a better listen than "The Avoided Sun".

But, I feel like the latter has more standout tracks in line with my tastes.

I've only listened through "Shadows" once though + I haven't listened to everything else so...

What about Last Nite though? It's another gorgeous track from "Shadows", probably one of their best if I do say so myself...

Yo MH peeps.

I've been catching up on the lynch. train and I was wondering if people could tell me their opinions on "Inferiority Complex".

I couldn't find a review thread for it. I've listened to a few times and I thought it was just okay.

My order of favorite albums at this moment:

1) Greedy dead souls

2) The Avoided Sun

3) Shadows

4) I Believe in me

5) Inferiority Complex

6) Gallows

(I sense this is not coincidence.)

The last 3 albums sort of become a blur to me.