[POLL] Plants🌻 Do you have a green finger?🌻

Are you a plant parent?🌱  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a plant parent?🌱

• I love my plants🌻
    • I don't have plants🤚
    • More like plant murderer😢
    • A cactus or succulent, no more🌵

In the past three years plants have become a raging trend. Are you a plant hoarder or do you not really care for it?

I grew up watching my grandma grow most of her food from her backyard so I learned a thing or two. Once I finally had my own space I started to try growing stuff, so this summer even though I live in an apartment I've been growing basil, chives, coriander, lavender, chamomile and sunflowers and I'm trying to grow some other flowers to attract bees. I'm not too much of a fan of simply ornamental leafy plants, but I would like to get a monstera at some point.

I also have other houseplants like spider plants, pileas, hen-and-chick and aloe veras. I tried growing chilli plants but had 0 success. At the moment I'm battling a gnat infestation (they're like fruit flies :( 

I don't have any but that's due to my cat killing them all.

Aside from this my finger ain't green but black. Most plants don't survive with me, too. xDD

I used to have a succulent but... I kinda forgot about it and it died 😢 I feel bad about it tbh. As it turns out, I'm quite non-committal when it comes to these kinds of things so I don't think I'll be having any more plants in the future.

I was the defacto student leader of my high school's gardening club! I love tending to plants because it's relaxing and fun to watch their progress. My favourite plant to grow are tomato plants, specifically cherry tomatoes because I like to eat their fruit (tomatoes are a fruit I guess). I tended to one when I was a kid and being able to make a salad out of its tomatoes was a special childhood memory for me. 

The greatest thing about plants is unlike with children and pets, you can't get arrested for killing them, which does happen kiiiiiiinda often with me. Our gardening club's tower garden got a giant gnat infestation because the PH was too high, and plants at home have been ended from either too much sun or being over watered.That being said, some plants in my household are have been around for ages. My room has this plant, honestly can’t remember what it even is but he’s been around for almost 9 years now. We had this ginormous jungle plant in our living room for about 4 years until the cat killed it. And, ah yes, there's one plant my mom bought over a decade ago that we still have (Chinese money tree) that's like six feet tall at this point.

1 hour ago, Total Saikou said:

The greatest thing about plants is unlike with children and pets, you can't get arrested for killing them, which does happen kiiiiiiinda often with me.

From zero to one hundred real quick 

1 hour ago, AnchuAnchor said:

From zero to one hundred real quick 

I have a point though. And the only things that have died under my care are plants! no one else trusts me with their pets and kids

@Total Saikou growing tomatos is so satisfying. We have no idea how, but  3 tomato plants randomly start growing on my mom’s balcony. The plant smells amazing and it was a joy to care for it and then eat the fruit later. The only issue is they need a lot of space otherwise I’d have a plantation in my apartment lol  I was so surprised at how big those money plants can get! I have a little one that I started growing from a leaf.  

6 hours ago, uirosos said:

I wish I had plants. My partner won't even let me get a succulent 😔

Aw why? There are micro succulents which barely give any trouble 😟

I managed a way to let my cactus and both my succulents die.. so I think that says enough about me and my so called "green thumb" lol... I gave them sunlight, made sure not to over water (drained the pots often). Bought succulent food for them.. but nope, even though they were hardy plants.. :wan-48:

I'll try again someday when I get my own place. I really enjoy plants.

Sign in to follow this