Sign in to follow this  
Jigsaw9

ZIGZO monthly re-recordings campaign

I saw that song listed on itunes a few days ago but couldn't find any information about what it meant.
This should be interesting...since they re-recorded most of their classics on Zippy Gappy Zombies last year based on the top voted fan favorites, I can only assume that they'll be picking some other deeper cuts.  Here are a few I want them to work on:

nani kara nani made
flow
Butterfly
toroimerei
MADAMADA
kimi wa itsumademo
I Cult You

Here are a few I expect them to work on but would probably be just meh about:

himawari (they re-recorded this on Forever Love in 2014 already and it wasn't better than the original)
everlast

white,daydream
Most of what's on Forever Love

Alongside this re-recording announcement, they will release a new album on June 20st 2021 with the already announced titled "'21620".  This date marks the 10th anniversary of the band reuniting. Strangely, this bigger announcement is seemingly buried on their discography page as such:

2019年にデビュー20周年を迎えたモンスターバンド、 ZIGZO。
20周年記念としてリリースされたファン投票によるオールタイムベストアルバムに続く本作は、メンバーセレクトによるリテイクシリーズ第一弾。
ZIGZOの今を示すと言えるこのシリーズは、毎月1曲をリリース。
このリテイクシリーズは、5枚目となるフルアルバムの発売を予定している、
記念日とも呼ぶべき2021年6月20日(21620= ZIGZO)まで連続12ヶ月続く。

Auto-translation:

ZIGZO is a monster band that celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2019.
Following the all-time best album by fan voting released as the 20th anniversary, this work is the first retake series by member select.
This series, which can be said to represent the present of ZIGZO, releases one song every month.
This retake series is scheduled to release its fifth full album,
It will continue for 12 consecutive months until June 20, 2021 (21620= ZIGZO), which should be called an anniversary.

Also from:
http://vif-music.com/2020/06/20/zigzo-7/

そして、21年目のZIGZOは「今できる事やるべき事」を協議の末、過去曲のリテイク2020ver.を制作する事となった。2020年6月20日から翌2021年5月20日まで毎月1曲を配信でリリースする。今回のリテイク2020ver.は、昨年のファン投票を反映させたものとは異なり、ZIGZOからファンの皆に「今」を示すものとなる。まず第1弾は「今」のZIGZOにとって聖歌にも値する「FOREVER YOUNG 2020 ver.」となり、6月20日に配信がスタートする。

今年2020年6月20日はZIGZOにとってデビュー21年目の「21620」、来年2021年6月20日はZIGZOにとって5thアルバムによる新たな「21620」。「21620」はZIGZOにとって特別な数字でもあり、一年を通して活発な活動が行われるZIGZOの動向を注目しておこう。

Auto-translation:

Then, after discussing 'what can be done now and what to do', ZIGZO in the 21st year decided to produce the retake 2020 ver. of the past song. From June 20, 2020 to May 20, 2021 the following day, one song will be released monthly. This retake 2020 ver., unlike the one that reflected the fan vote of last year, will show “now” to all the fans from ZIGZO. First of all, 'FOREVER YOUNG 2020 ver.', which is also worth a chant for 'now' ZIGZO, will be delivered on June 20.

This year, June 20, 2020 is ZIGZO's 21st year of debut '21620', and next year June 20, 2021 is ZIGZO's new '21620' with the 5th album. “21620” is also a special number for ZIGZO, so let's pay attention to the trend of ZIGZO, which is active throughout the year.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tetsu had mentioned this plan of the 21620 album almost 1-2 years ago from things that I remember reading but was never sure how serious it was. He's been all-in with The Black Comet Club Band that it felt like Zigzo was just an afterthought and secondary.

I'm not sure from the above whether this means that they'll just release all the re-take songs as an album on that 2021 date or if it's something completely new... but in any case, looking forward to it! Been a long-ass time since I actually listened to these guys. :D 

Hmm, my Japanese isn't good enough to make sense of the original text. Hopefully it is a completely new album of song and not just a physical release of the 12 re-recordings they put out over the next year. That would be pretty anti-climatic for the 10th anniversary of their reunion.

Sign in to follow this