Alkaloid

DEAD END Gu.YOU has passed away

DEAD END Gu.YOU has passed away from sepsis at 2020/6/16.

【訃報】

大変突然で、悲しいお知らせです。

DEAD ENDのギタリスト足立“YOU”祐二が令和2年6月16日に敗血症のため永眠いたしました。

DEAD ENDのメイン・コンポーザーとして数々のオリジナリティある楽曲を生み出し、その類い稀なるテクニックとトーン、流麗なメロディック・センスで数多の人を魅了し、多くのアーティストに影響を与えた偉大なギタリストでした。

これまで応援して下さった皆様ならびに関係者の皆様に深く感謝いたしますとともに、謹んでお知らせ申し上げます。

ご遺族のご意向により、通夜及び葬儀は近親者のみにて執り行われます。
なお、「お別れ会」の開催につきましては、改めてご報告をさせていただきます。

令和2年6月19日
DEAD END

【Obituary】

It is with deep sadness that we announce DEAD END guitarist Yuji "YOU" Adachi passed from sepsis on June 16, 2020.

As the main composer of DEAD END, YOU created a catalog of unique songs.  His sublime artistry attracted fans and musicians with his unusual technique, tone and flowing melodic sense.  YOU was an exceptional guitarist who influenced many, many artists.

We would like to express our deepest gratitude to all those who have supported him.

Due to the wishes of the bereaved family, vigil and funeral service are held by the family only.
A memorial service will be held at a later date.

June 19, 2020
DEAD END

The sheer amount of artists this man inspired...! I'm pretty sure a good portion of the bands I listen to wouldn't be as we know them without You. Fuck, the music scene just wouldn't be the same without him. Rest in peace. 

Shit....this one is heartbreaking and tragic. I just watched a few of his livestreams he did recently and he was amazing and on-point as always. I even got to say hello to him via the live chat during a steam just to send him some love from a fan outside of Japan. He actually read it, since it was one of the messages in English, and responded a bit.

I'm sure we all have our favorite songs by him. Song of a Lunatic is mine and the extended live performance is one of the rare cases where I believe it rivals the actual studio version. The CD release of this concert has this song going on for longer at 12 minutes and every second of it has always been magic to my ears.

Rest in peace Yuji!

Edited by carddass

1 hour ago, carddass said:

And here are the recent livestreams. He just did one 5 days ago too!

That's so crazy, he was rockin' out like a king, then only 2 days later......

2020 really is such a shit year… 

So many of my fav musicians have died this year, it's crazy. RIP You.

51 minutes ago, Jigsaw9 said:

That's so crazy, he was rockin' out like a king, then only 2 days later......

I was SO surprised to find he was in good condition a few days ago, how did it come to this... life is so terrifying sometimes.