Sign in to follow this  
Manabu

Artists you wish had alter-egos

As the title suggests, what are some artists you wish had alter-ego groups? As well as that

• What genre of music would they play?
  • What would their name be?
  • Would members swap instruments? Would it even have all the same members?

My first pick would be 'Develop One's Faculties' under the guise of 'Undeveloped Facilities'. They would play a pretty raw and heavy mix of punk/metal, I'd keep the members the same given Yuuya knows how to shout/scream decently and Johannes is one hell of a drummer

Edited by Manabu
Spelling mistake

I'd have The GazettE do an alter ego where they still play Early 2000's Kote-Kei, and Saki from Cuartet and Tetora from Kamikaze Boyz would be guest singers.

Kimi Wa Surudoku could have an alter ego where they actually make music that sounds like Karuna and Shinobu's past bands (Gill'e Cadith and Delta Ark respectively)

Kuroyuri to Kage/Gulu Gulu doing a Kote Kei alter ego would be awesome too.

Knowing Mahiro's past as a Yuuga clone, it'd be interesting to see the Kiryu boys do a DEViL KiTTY copy-band lol.

Edited by Himeaimichu

cinema staff needs a band where they just play straight-up hardcore/emo with some mathy shit thrown in. I mean, these guys have made these influences VERY clear in their music, but they've never gone all-out...always keeping things accessible and poppy. That said, they have the musical chops to MELT FACES if they wanted to!

TK from ling tosite sigure needs an alter ego project where he just sticks to composing and producing, and features guest vocalists or just has one permanent vocalist THAT CAN ACTUALLY SING. Don't get me wrong, I love TK to death, but this nigga is NOT a singer. He's a brilliant composer and a GENIUS musician, but he ain't a singer. His singing can be palatable enough in his more upbeat and faster paced stuff - amidst a flurry of orchestration, sick guitar riffs and electronic wizardry, but his voice really shines IN THE WORSE WAY POSSIBLE in his slower, more ballad-y material. ugh

MUCC needs an alterego where they play dat sweet Misshitsu-core they started out with, before becoming whatever they are now. Basically in the style they went with until 2003-ish. Their name could be uhmm...... CCUM?? ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)

20 hours ago, CAT5 said:

cinema staff needs a band where they just play straight-up hardcore/emo with some mathy shit thrown in. I mean, these guys have made these influences VERY clear in their music, but they've never gone all-out...always keeping things accessible and poppy. That said, they have the musical chops to MELT FACES if they wanted to!

TK from ling tosite sigure needs an alter ego project where he just sticks to composing and producing, and features guest vocalists or just has one permanent vocalist THAT CAN ACTUALLY SING. Don't get me wrong, I love TK to death, but this nigga is NOT a singer. He's a brilliant composer and a GENIUS musician, but he ain't a singer. His singing can be palatable enough in his more upbeat and faster paced stuff - amidst a flurry of orchestration, sick guitar riffs and electronic wizardry, but his voice really shines IN THE WORSE WAY POSSIBLE in his slower, more ballad-y material. ugh

KitajimaToru[nZk]
heh

My money's for a Dir en grey alt where they play their old music without chugging it to pieces. Girugamesh coming back as an alter ego band like they did in the Mucc cover album would be nice too.

Sign in to follow this