nekkichi

Ignoring/blocking users in the status updates section.

Hey, @nekkichi. Looks like the current forum software doesn't allow for that, but I'll look into it and see if there is a way to implement this. Thanks for your suggestion.

41 minutes ago, CAT5 said:

Hey, @nekkichi. Looks like the current forum software doesn't allow for that, but I'll look into it and see if there is a way to implement this. Thanks for your suggestion.

thank u!! I have a minor dejavu rn as if I've asked this already some time ago, but the opportunity to request this again came knocking lol anyway.

8 hours ago, secret_no_03 said:

The ability to be able to do this in general besides status updates seems  like it'd be a very popular move.

but you can? you can ignore signature / posts / chatbox / mentions and/or messages from an user, so basically everything BUT the status updates. 

5 minutes ago, spockitty said:

but you can? you can ignore signature / posts / chatbox / mentions and/or messages from an user, so basically everything BUT the status updates. 

You can? That's news to me, wouldn't begin to know how to do that. Also, I guess the ability to ignore topics sounds like an interesting little wrinkle, that way you don't have to mark forum as read all of the time when there's stuff you're not interested in that has new posts.

8 minutes ago, secret_no_03 said:

You can? That's news to me, wouldn't begin to know how to do that. Also, I guess the ability to ignore topics sounds like an interesting little wrinkle, that way you don't have to mark forum as read all of the time when there's stuff you're not interested in that has new posts.

Click on your username at the top of the forum, you get all kinds of settings. There's a section "ignored users", in the field "Add new user to ignore list" add the username of the person  you want to ignore and then you get to select which parts you want to ignore, voila. 

I agree that ignoring topics would be nice too~ 

32 minutes ago, Keiyuh said:

That's pretty harsh 

:( just the word ignore gives me childhood anxiety 

moon's gonna be in pisces in a few days which is v. good time for meditating and reflecting on your childhood issues, hope this helps!

On a side note, I've been wondering for two years what the speaker is on the chat box, how it works and what muting it does. It makes me think people can talk or something. And another thing, I looked everywhere and can't find how user levels work, is it based on how long you've been here, your points or your post count?

On 6/9/2020 at 6:42 AM, secret_no_03 said:

On a side note, I've been wondering for two years what the speaker is on the chat box, how it works and what muting it does. It makes me think people can talk or something. And another thing, I looked everywhere and can't find how user levels work, is it based on how long you've been here, your points or your post count?

I'm pretty sure the speaker mutes notifications when someone @s you in there. If I remember, it actually makes a noise (similar to the one you get in the notifications tab). I think it also doesn't highlight @s too.

I think user levels are based mostly on just post count but if you're in the higher tiers it gets split up by how long you've been here (once you hit 500 posts you are either a Veteran [5+ years on this forum] or a Reincarnated Really Hot People [Less than 5 years]). That being said these are just patterns I'm seeing so I can't say for certain if I'm right.