Sign in to follow this  
platy

If you could get rid of one bodily function...?

If you could get rid of one bodily function...  

17 members have voted

1. 1. If you could get rid of one bodily function without it affecting your life negatively, which would it be?

• 💦 Sweating
    • 👄Eating
    • 💤Sleeping
    • 🚾Urinary/excretory related functions
    • 💨Breathing
    • 🔥Reproduction related functions
    • 🎭EMOtiOnS
    • ✋None, I'm okay with everything as is

Some bodily functions can be an inconvenience or hindrance.

Once my friend said he'd get rid of the need to eat if he could, I thought he was crazy because eating is one of the best things about being human.

I thought sleep would be a good one to get rid off as it takes up most of our life, but it's nice to turn off the conscious mind. I absolutely hate sweating but it doesn't get in the way of anything. Really, urinary/excretory related functions are a real problem. If you want to go on an adventure, or just get stuck somewhere with no toilet, it's the worst. 

Which would you pick, considering that taking it out wouldn't impact your body/life negatively?

Sleeping. I'm constantly wishing I never had to sleep at all. Also if you wanted to "turn off the conscious mind" you could just meditate if sleeping were no longer possible. I'd still indulge in sleeping whenever I felt like it instead of when my body tells me to. So in this magical imaginary world I'd be up for weeks on end and nap for days... (yeah this would probably suck in reality but I won't waver with my 1st choice)

Eating is my 2nd choice because like the former I see it as more of a nuisance than anything

Edited by fruitfork

Honestly, I would totally remove any and all traces of lust out of me if I could. I can't even begin to imagine how much extra brainpower I could have if I freed up the space in my brain that's bugging me to reproduce already. Once my train of thought goes there, I just can't think about anything else. I feel so fucking weak when I completely succumb to charms and wiles of some of these Asian rockstar manwhores and I wouldn't have it any other way It just feels like waste of time, especially the time I have to dedicate trying to... Quell it. I guess I'd have to say goodbye to the pleasure but that is a sacrifice I am willing to make.

Also yeah, it'd be cool to never have to relieve yourself. I don't see any fun in it, even though it's basely satisfying because of the happy chemicals the brain gives you for functioning properly. Also you get a nice sit down, however it's just a big waste of time like sex or masturbation that doesn't feel nearly as good as those two.

Sleeping, honestly.

I need way too much sleep to function properly and sleeping 8+ hours per night (sometimes more like 10) eats up way too much time. 

I wouldnt want to lose the ABILITY to sleep, but not having an explicit need for it would be rather nice from a productivity standpoint. 

It would be nice to get rid off sweating (less need to shower often) and the other bathroom stuff (as you said above more able to freely move around in the world without worry) but when I compare the time spent on those activities to sleeping then clearly it's the greatest thief of them all.

Sign in to follow this