Sign in to follow this  
Jigsaw9

ZIZ new album "WABIY ∞ SABIY" release

ZIZ will release their new album "WABIY ∞ SABIY" this summer. Starting from 2020/05/29, they will be releasing songs from the album one by one, through the course of 7 weeks (they have not specified whether this means that there would be 7 tracks or more). More details will be revealed later.

wZ8PhGa.jpg

The tracklist:

01. オリゾン (HORIZON)

02. 二十二世紀ピーキー (Nijuuni-seiki PEAKY)

03. ネオマンティス (NEO MANTIS)

04. 三日月のシュショットマン (Mikazuki no CHUCHOTEMENT)

05. 烈ゴォクレイゼ (Let's GO CRAZY)

06. サラマンダラ (SALAMANDALA)

07. 昏睡カルパ (Konsui KALPA)

Edited by Jigsaw9

The first track オリゾン (ORIZON) can now be streamed/bought digitally thru a number of platforms HERE.

Sounds good so far. :) 

Edited by Jigsaw9

Aaaand HERE's the second track 二十二世紀ピーキー (Nijuuni-seiki Peaky)!

The vocoder and all the weird industrial effects yeeeeees~

Edited by Jigsaw9

I feel like I'll have to buy every single and the full album just to have it all. I mean they might want to have some album exclusives to make it worth buying, unless they're literally releasing the album track by track and that's it?

@secret_no_03 They haven't specified anything as far as I could see, just that they will release one track each week, for a period of 7 weeks. So either the album contains 7 track in total, or there might be some other songs remaining if they will ever release this in physical format (which they haven't talked about yet).

My hunch is that it'll just be 7 tracks tho (they've been releasing "smaller-size" albums in the past years to begin with), and probably they originally wanted to release them on CD but due to the virus the CD pressing situation is more complicated/delayed for everyone so this is just an alternative way to get the album out there (plus I kinda enjoy waiting for something new every week, heh :D).

Plus, the price is pretty decent too if you think about it.

Edited by Jigsaw9

2 minutes ago, Jigsaw9 said:

@secret_no_03 They haven't specified anything as far as I could see, just that they will release one track each week, for a period of 7 weeks. So either the album contains 7 track in total, or there might be some other songs remaining if they will ever release this in physical format (which they haven't talked about yet).

My hunch is that it'll just be 7 tracks tho (they've been releasing "smaller-size" albums in the past years to begin with), and probably they originally wanted to release them on CD but due to the virus the CD pressing situation is more complicated/delayed for everyone so this is just an alternative way to get the album out there (plus I kinda enjoy waiting for something new every week, heh :D).

It'd get them more money in theory if bands start releasing tracks as singles rather than charging a flat rate for an album. I mean not in this case since they're $.99 each, but if they released them over a dollar they would get more than the $13 you usually see albums for on iTunes.

2 hours ago, secret_no_03 said:

It'd get them more money in theory if bands start releasing tracks as singles rather than charging a flat rate for an album.

Yup, pretty much! I know of some bands who did this sort of practice before, but those were all "you can dl these songs for free, and then when we release it on CD we'll include some cool bonus extras". Anyway, anything Japanese artists do to get more into digital territory, I'm on board with! :D 

They uploaded a lyric video so now you too can sing along with Mr. Roboto in the collapsing 22nd century calculator factory!

Dunno if anyone cares but hopefully someone will find this useful: I made a playlist of the tracks released so far cuz sometimes it can be a bit of a pain to find them on YT one-by-one. One last song should be coming up next Thursday/Friday (timezones rule!), gonna add that one too when it's out. 8) 

This has been shaping up to be a pretty cool pretty zizzy album~

Edited by Jigsaw9

Sign in to follow this