Sign in to follow this  
togz

togz music-y things n stuff

Hello all! friggin hisashiburi bros. 

I haven't been around much just due to life in general. But lately I've been getting back in to music in a really intense way that I have started to make stuff again. No original music as of right now but I plan on making a lot of covers and a youtube channel possibly. I'm really stoked about it. I recently just got some pieces for setting up an at home studio. This cover is really only about 50% done but I'm so excited to track my progress. I'll probably still re-record the vocals again simply because I'm still waiting for my pop shield so there's still some aspects I would like to remove and line the timing up better. I'll also be adding a few more effects, a couple strings here and there, and maybe a bit more depth. My current set up is on PC. I'm using Ableton Live Lite (Until I can afford the upgrade) with a Novation LaunchKey 61. I recently got the Focusrite Scarlett Solo Studio kit which is what I am using to record vocals and possible future instruments not done through Launch Key. This song is a cover (incomplete) of Sweet Night by V from BTS. Let me know what you think!

Also if there are any other musicians who are looking to collaborate I am super down. 

Edited by togz

Sadly I haven't heard the original but I really like how your voice has a nice 'breath' quality to it and it suits this ballad. I've got a couple piano pieces written so hit me up when you've got your pop shield and we can collab!

Not my kinda music, but you have a really early era Imogen Heap thing going on in your lower register to me that sounds nice completely unfiltered. Pop shield will definitely make a difference in quality.

3 minutes ago, Manabu said:

Sadly I haven't heard the original but I really like how your voice has a nice 'breath' quality to it and it suits this ballad. I've got a couple piano pieces written so hit me up when you've got your pop shield and we can collab!

Oh my gosh thank you so much! and will do I should have it some time next week so I'll be messaging you. I appreciate the offer to work together ;v;

also if you'd like the original you can hear it here. 

it was originally done with guitar, but I wanted to really build it up in my own way. 

5 minutes ago, karai · ebi said:

Not my kinda music, but you have a really early era Imogen Heap thing going on in your lower register to me that sounds nice completely unfiltered. Pop shield will definitely make a difference in quality.

Thank you very much for that input, and I never would have though I'd sound like Imogen Heap, Kinda flattered ;; 

Your version of the song with the piano was very beautiful and touching. I enjoyed how it complemented your deep, soothing voice while also giving the music your own special touch. It was quite relaxing and enjoyable to listen to! I'd love to listen to the complete version when you finish with it ^^

I started taking a music course this month and our first assignment was to create a chord progression to set the vibe for our first song. Since the past year and a half has been the most difficult time of my life and I've faced some of the worst depression and heartbreak I have ever experienced, I decided to use my more updated knowledge of theory to try and write something that conveys what I feel emotionally. 

Now this is just a blue print of course and is subject to change as I make my way in to the completion of the song... but i based my chord progression with in the key of C#m and I think it was a great choice.  Let me know how it makes you feel or what you think. 

Sign in to follow this