Sign in to follow this  
bakteeri

How did they progress.

So, basically the point is that we post songs that includes a musician. How he used to be (how much he sucked) and how is he now. (how awesome he is!)

My favorite is probably Daisuke. I couldn't find the very first recording of kagerou from youtube, but I can upload few if someone wants. They're bad, in a lol way. But I found one quite old song where he... doesn't sound too good. Song is great though.

dfogCT1H8WA

He got pretty good pretty fast though. Here's my favorite singing from him.

Zp1S-WdWSoc

Another one which I can think is the singer of La Mule/NightingeiL. He was terrible in La Mule, but nowadays he sounds really good.

Another one which I can think is the singer of La Mule/NightingeiL. He was terrible in La Mule, but nowadays he sounds really good.

Totally agree.

Anyway, RIKU in KAWON didn't sound that good, but now... :wub:

My favourite case is definitely KO-JI of Arc. Back in the early days of Arc their music was just awful and KO-JI couldn't stay in the tune for a moment. Oh wait... he still can't. So much for the progress.

Just generally I wouldn't say any of my singers have gotten better, but well, Rame is one thing. He was a good bassist in the beginning of Vidoll, but in the end he was just genius. Though many people including myself critisized Vidoll for changing too much when they went major I noticed back then that Rame had actually gotten better. It made the change feel even worse when I knew that in the old Vidoll one of the key incredients used to be Rame's clear, strong and edgy bass lines and the band used to be really recognisable because of them. And then, when the guy got better, they just decided to make him a regular stand-there-and-smile-like-you-don't-get-it type of bassist, whose complex riffs got drowned by guitars. That's sad.

Lolita23q. Changed from horrible to very listenable and from very listenable to awesome when they released Marble Shaking Ward.

xSvcL_rJd7Y&feature=related

This is crap ^

-XtbUfSLYr8

This is awesome 8D (with Sou)

And awesomness right after that with Soshi:

Ixjo2y8v4PM

Ignore lame German subs

LOL Soshi also deserves a place here, comparing Galactic Wing to White Blade. White Blade ftw. I'll a add a few of my own later.

Well, it this may not count, but Atchan went from a great drummer of an awesome, legend band to a "meh" singer of a generic, yet fun dance rock band. So I guess he didn't really "progress" but it is interesting still how he's changed. xD

TDoNX0lRL1g

n2liDrVSx0U

^good call, i'd like to blame it on the post-mukai syndrome.

which is basically, anyone who has ever worked with mukai, and then left... goes on to pick up rhythm guitar an starts to sing/be a front man.

i guess ill take a roll on yura yura teikoku

vPd3zidPEao

_uakXjerOqE

6fXl3_qouZA

its just amazing how this band went for almost a decade of the samey "band boom" / motorcycle-fast rock n' roll sound, while very good and very energetic, its generally, 'conventional', very good technique and very retro vibe... and like most bands, as they got older, they hit the tempo down into a more controlled and mature sound... what's amazing to be is how amazingly brilliant their 2007 album is, Hollow Me. while not a sudden shift from their previous work, (album before that had a slightly similar theme, musically), its like, they finally found THAT unique sound that would set them on a higher level, and like most bands, their (arguably) finest work is also their last proper album.... while they didn't go out with a bang, they did leave us parked in a nice hill view from a cadillac. or something :V

Sign in to follow this