Jump to content
sebbivism

DIR EN GREY new single 落ちた事のある空 release summer 2020

Recommended Posts

Already mentioned here but I want it as a separate topic for discussion/updates, OK? ;) 

 

So DIR EN GREY today announced the release of their new single 落ちた事のある空 (Ochita koto no aru sora, The sky that has fallen(?))

on the DAY 5 of their YouTube setlist series.

 

Single will be released digitally in "summer 2020" and more info is to come.

Kyo published a message on his Instagram and the official DIR EN GREY Instagram about this.

 

http://direngrey.co.jp/news/4014/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the first time a release of theirs is digital only? Either way I'm hyped, regardless of what most people here think, the insulated world hella grew on me with time and I loved the world of mercy so I'm hyped for what's next to come 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first thing on my mind is; why digital release? Is it because of COVID-19, they don't think people can order CD's or is it because of they didn't plan on releasing this song as a single but "the situation with cancelled tour etc" made it possible to get some cash in worldwide?

 

I hope the format is the same as before, if they only release 1-track single it's pretty pointless really. I expect B-side and no live version thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, sebbivism said:

The first thing on my mind is; why digital release? Is it because of COVID-19, they don't think people can order CD's or is it because of they didn't plan on releasing this song as a single but "the situation with cancelled tour etc" made it possible to get some cash in worldwide?

 

I hope the format is the same as before, if they only release 1-track single it's pretty pointless really. I expect B-side and no live version thanks. 

Maybe label can't organize mass CD release?

 

Although, they could have added some footage from last year tour as a deluxe bonus

Edited by EvilHippy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sebbivism said:

The first thing on my mind is; why digital release? Is it because of COVID-19, they don't think people can order CD's or is it because of they didn't plan on releasing this song as a single but "the situation with cancelled tour etc" made it possible to get some cash in worldwide?

 

I hope the format is the same as before, if they only release 1-track single it's pretty pointless really. I expect B-side and no live version thanks. 

They were first going to announce it at the end of the Sogai tour, but that was cancelled so they decided to announce it here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29a2f6bd560a36d6e21402bb79e1f8c43d501794

 

huh, hoped the live archive to be more... archive-y

oh well, let's see if I can ask my question regarding DEATHMASK again

 

edit: eh, wrong thread, mb :D

Edited by Seelentau

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

29a2f6bd560a36d6e21402bb79e1f8c43d501794

 

huh, hoped the live archive to be more... archive-y

oh well, let's see if I can ask my question regarding DEATHMASK again

 

edit: eh, wrong thread, mb :D

So they'll air a a full DVD concert? Hoping for Blitz 5days, since I doubt they'll show any mode of's.

And that other one, it doesn't seem like they'll answer any fan questions in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2020 at 4:52 PM, sebbivism said:

I hope the format is the same as before, if they only release 1-track single it's pretty pointless really. I expect B-side and no live version thanks. 

I'm just the opposite. Never been a fan of digital music. I will buy every physical  CD they put out, but I absolutely refuse to pay for mp3s.

 

My hope is that this single is just an A-side or double A-side taken from a new album with no exclusive tracks. That way, I won't feel like I've missed out on anything.

 

Wouldn't have minded waiting another year for this single to drop, tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Nowhere Girl said:

I'm just the opposite. Never been a fan of digital music. I will buy every physical  CD they put out, but I absolutely refuse to pay for mp3s.

 

My hope is that this single is just an A-side or double A-side taken from a new album with no exclusive tracks. That way, I won't feel like I've missed out on anything.

 

Wouldn't have minded waiting another year for this single to drop, tbh.

It's a complete new single, it was just revealed now because of the current situation. It would've been revealed in just a few weeks ago anyways if any of the concerts weren't cancelled.

No word on if it'll have any extras but I bet that it will, I also bet that it'll get a physical release in the future.

I'm also fairly sure that it'll be included in the next album, since it supposedly will come out next year, and The World of Mercy was said to not be included in the next album.

Edited by seys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, seys said:

It's a complete new single, it was just revealed now because of the current situation. It would've been revealed in just a few weeks ago anyways if any of the concerts weren't cancelled.

No word on if it'll have any extras but I bet that it will, I also bet that it'll get a physical release in the future.

I'm also fairly sure that it'll be included in the next album, since it supposedly will come out next year, and The World of Mercy was said to not be included in the next album.

If true, that'd make me very happy.

 

I realise that I'm most likely alone in my opinions, which aren't really par for the course in 2020 where everything is digital and/or streamed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so happy about this. Since I am thirsty for their new music already. :D

 

Too bad it is digital only. But understood. Lots of musicians had to deal with postponing their albums cos of COVID-19. Probably because the CD printing factories are shorthanded or closed altogether?? Not sure how it works in Japan. I heard businesses there are protected by law from instructed to be in total lockdown. So the companies had to act on their own accord regarding work from home thingy there. Nothing mandatory.

 

Hope they can release the physical at later date? 

 

Edited by LIDL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Nowhere Girl said:

If true, that'd make me very happy.

 

I realise that I'm most likely alone in my opinions, which aren't really par for the course in 2020 where everything is digital and/or streamed.

Na, you aren't. I'm not using Spotify and stuff either. I'm just DLing and buying the CDs etc. when they're available, some way or another.

And I'm positive that they'll release a physical version at a later point. I don't expect the digital version to have more than three tracks, either.

I can imagine that they'll make a huge fuss over the physical release, advertising it with a bonus DVD and stuff. So basically their regular single release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Seelentau said:

Na, you aren't. I'm not using Spotify and stuff either. I'm just DLing and buying the CDs etc. when they're available, some way or another.

And I'm positive that they'll release a physical version at a later point. I don't expect the digital version to have more than three tracks, either.

I can imagine that they'll make a huge fuss over the physical release, advertising it with a bonus DVD and stuff. So basically their regular single release.

I'd be totally fine with them throwing the Youtube live show on a DVD given how bad that VOD is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does it actually say that the single will be released "digital only" as there is quite a considerable difference between something being released "digitally" and "digitally only" haha. It doesn't seem like DeGs style to release something digital only so I'm backing you guys who say it's likely a physical version will come later down the line, probably putting it out digitally first as that was the plan to release it around summer, so best to stick to that. But of course due to the current situation, promotional events and whatnot would be difficult to do, so guess they'll wait til things calm down and they can do promo events where fans will turn up in their billions and buy 50 copies of each version. :)

 

+ Of course they wont put the World of Mercy on the next album, it's epic length. I know they have other 10 minutes songs and other pretty long songs on their albums but 10mins is a pretty large amount of running time gone in one song that you could fit two or three other songs in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are y’all forgetting that the Uncensored version of  TSUMI TO KISEI was a digital only release? This IS “right up DIR EN GREY’s alley” lol. 
 

Idk why there’s such “novelty” (if that’s the right word) about this. If they do decide to release a physical version later, that would be dope. But with how the world is right now, I doubt that’s even a possibility that’s floating through their heads, nor a priority. As long as the music gets out so be it tbh.

Edited by Ro plz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

Does it actually say that the single will be released "digital only" as there is quite a considerable difference between something being released "digitally" and "digitally only" haha

if I'm not mistaken, starwave and chateauxês agency use freewill cd printing facility and supply chain

I don't remember if kiwi had any releases lined up for june/july that weren't announced like half year ahead, but kamijo and his label cancelled CD printing for the summer because of logistics and stuff.

 

this probably will be released again in some physical form later.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone here bemoaning digital releases makes me wonder how you consume music. 

I have a couple music cds but I literally have not listened to non-digital music since the mid 2000s. Spotify for when I'm out and about and when I'm at home I've got my thousands and thousands of songs on my computer, can't imagine sitting there and being like "Hey I wanna listen to music" and then staring at a stack of jewel cases whilst I figure out what I want to listen to. So much ease and comfort with my digital library and can't even begin to imagine going back to physical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NICKT said:

Everyone here bemoaning digital releases makes me wonder how you consume music. 

I have a couple music cds but I literally have not listened to non-digital music since the mid 2000s. Spotify for when I'm out and about and when I'm at home I've got my thousands and thousands of songs on my computer, can't imagine sitting there and being like "Hey I wanna listen to music" and then staring at a stack of jewel cases whilst I figure out what I want to listen to. So much ease and comfort with my digital library and can't even begin to imagine going back to physical.

Some people are collectors. That’s it really. 
 

I buy a handful of CDs a year, and all I do is rip them to my computer and throw them onto a bookshelf.  My car didn’t even come with a CD player, but it doesn’t matter because I have access to my entire library via iCloud. Not just what I bought on iTunes, but stuff I ripped too. I’m glad I own the CDs that I have, but they sure as shit aren’t being played at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...