sebbivism

DIR EN GREY new single 落ちた事のある空 release summer 2020

21 minutes ago, Kelrya said:

When does the video come out? I don’t understand why the Japanese music industry is so weird about this kind of stuff,  just put it on YouTube when the song releases.

I think we won't be able to watch the full video until the next "Average blablabla video collection" DVD/Blu-Ray, same with the full TWOM music video :(

41 minutes ago, Kelrya said:

When does the video come out? I don’t understand why the Japanese music industry is so weird about this kind of stuff,  just put it on YouTube when the song releases.

Don't hold your breath, they're still holding TWOM hostage! 

1 hour ago, LEY said:

Don't hold your breath, they're still holding TWOM hostage! 

Lmao I forgot we still haven’t gotten that one yet.

1 hour ago, nekkichi said:

that PV is just sad tbh.

I lowkey hope they have more unused band footage and will somewhat expand on it for the average mediocrity』 re-issue but realistically that probably won't happen.

Some of the shots looked edited by "movie maker" circa 2005. Sure they aren't known for their PV's but this one in particular was a bit jarring 

I really like the "Ochita Koto no Aru Sora" title track. It's probably my favourite single since "Hageshisa to, Kono Mune no Naka de Karamitsuita Shakunetsu no Yami". Although the slow parts could have been longer, it's just a baller track and exactly what I was looking for after TWOM.  If I want to show a friend a "Dir en grey 2020" song, this will be the one.  

Don't really care too much for the Clever Sleazoid remake, it's solid but kind of bland. Basically it's in line with most of their remakes, not bad but not a real improvement over the originals either. The changed lyrics are a little weird, too. Just means I can't sing along under the shower anymore. 

The live track, well... it's a live track. Not much to say. 

(P.S.: Don't buy the amazon music version, it's in 256kb/s lol. Not DEG's fault but still a wtf moment) 

Edited by TheTrendkiller

On 8/1/2020 at 5:22 PM, Seelentau said:

I heard they will be releasing the band scores for ARCHE and The Insulated World soon, but you need to pay 100 Yen for each page separately.

Wow, I am all over that! Definitely keen to try and get those, how does it work though? You got a link with more info or something? The 100 yen a  page thing sounds a little dumb.

I despise the new Clever Sleazoid. They didn't do anything I wanted them to do with it: I was hoping the guitar wailing from the original would've been the emphasised, but instead it's absent (and even the chugs are mixed low in general.) The vocal track in the original single version sounds like it's one take, in here when Kyo changes styles it sounds like a different track entirely. The slow part I would've liked to just linger on a little with some more Kyo opera and guitar effects, and instead the song was kept fast just breezing through all its parts. 

The A-side is fine for a retirement home deg single when you don't think about how about ten years ago every time they released a new single they pretty much changed the game up. This is maybe my favorite A-side from them since Rinkaku*. 

oh yeah forgot about world of mercy. I can't pick which one I like better. 

Edited by Karma’s Hat

The new song is definitely better than I thought it would be,  but still nothing really too memorable. Its like a mix-up of songs from their last two albums, that brings nothing new to the table. 

Their last album had like one song I liked. Arche was great overall, but thats 6 years ago... They have really lost their touch imo.

Edited by dannemannen

Both songs are "good". They are well produced, they sound good, they pull off their own way of sounding... but I can't find anything else. I feel I already have the entirely WTD if I want to enjoy this kind of arrangments...

Could somebody explain to me what do they find so thrilling about this A-side?

4 hours ago, Karma’s Hat said:

The A-side is fine for a retirement home deg single when you don't think about how about ten years ago every time they released a new single they pretty much changed the game up. This is maybe my favorite A-side from them since Rinkaku*. 

Feeling this so much. I wish DEG could be the torch leading the scene someday again...

13 hours ago, benzaiten._ said:

I think we won't be able to watch the full video until the next "Average blablabla video collection" DVD/Blu-Ray, same with the full TWOM music video :(

After world of mercy came out kyo straight up said he wanted to release another music video collection so thats most likely the case   :kyo:

Can they just re-release the Insulated World as a live album? Fucking love the sound of followers live from this single + the live videos on The World of Mercy sounded killer too.

+ I'm not really too into the whole "music video collection" thing, but that idea for the latest singles does get me somewhat curious.

9 hours ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

Can they just re-release the Insulated World as a live album? Fucking love the sound of followers live from this single + the live videos on The World of Mercy sounded killer too.

Someone needs to rip the audio from the Ochita Blu-ray. There's also the TWOM Blu-ray that has 10 songs from TIW era.

The problem is that all these 3 Blu-rays have almost the same setlist.
We still don't have Devote, Celebrate, Rubbish, Followers.

(And I'm biased about Devote My Life and Rubbish Heap)

Edited by EvilHippy