sebbivism

DIR EN GREY new single 落ちた事のある空 release summer 2020

On 5/14/2020 at 9:08 PM, NICKT said:

Everyone here bemoaning digital releases makes me wonder how you consume music. 

I have a couple music cds but I literally have not listened to non-digital music since the mid 2000s. Spotify for when I'm out and about and when I'm at home I've got my thousands and thousands of songs on my computer, can't imagine sitting there and being like "Hey I wanna listen to music" and then staring at a stack of jewel cases whilst I figure out what I want to listen to. So much ease and comfort with my digital library and can't even begin to imagine going back to physical.

I'm all about the physical releases, I do have spotify for digital only stuff, stuff you can't really get on disc anymore and previewing otherwise interesting stuff. But yeah if I like something, will always buy it physically if possible. There are still a lot of people who like physicals, I know guys who literally have thousands of CDs or are vinyl only guys. But yeah, think it's slightly younger generations are consuming everything digitally these days. Or people who don't want their houses cluttered with thousands of CDs and Vinyls. But actually, I love looking through my CD racks looking for something to put on, sometimes you get that "man, haven't heard that in ages, will slap that on now!" have a look at the artwork and that, takes ya back. haha.

DIR EN GREY NEW SINGLE『落ちた事のある空(Ochita Koto no Aru Sora)』DIGITAL RELEASE: Tracklist unveiled!

2020.06.24 NEWS

The track list of the upcoming NEW SINGLE 2020「落ちた事のある空(Ochita Koto no Aru Sora)」 has just been unveiled. The single will be released digitally this summer.

DIR EN GREY
NEW SINGLE
『落ちた事のある空(Ochita Koto no Aru Sora)』
DIGITAL RELEASE

【Tracklist】
01. 落ちた事のある空(Ochita Koto no Aru Sora)
02. CLEVER SLEAZOID
03. Followers [LIVE] ※Live Take at Islington Assembly Hall on Feb 5, 2020

A physical edition of the single, 『落ちた事のある空(Ochita Koto no Aru Sora)』(Pia Arena MM Special Package version), has been announced as special gift for the fans who do not wish to have their tickets for the canceled “The Insulated World -The Screams of Alienation-” shows, scheduled to be held at Pia Arena MM on July 23th and 24th, 2020.

▶More information HERE

※Title and contents may be subject to changes.

I really can't imagine how a re-recorded CLEVER SLEAZOID will sound... on the one hand I kinda wanna hear them do a version identical to the original but with beefier production, but it would be also interesting to hear them rework it a bit.

gv21arj9eu651.jpg

also this ^

and this v

■NEW SINGLE『落ちた事のある空(Ochita Koto no Aru Sora)』(Pia Arena MM Special Package version)

【Tracklist】

DISC1: CD

• 01. 落ちた事のある空 (Ochita Koto no Aru Sora)
  • 02. CLEVER SLEAZOID
  • 03. Followers [LIVE] ※Live Take at Islington Assembly Hall on Feb 5, 2020

DISC2: Blu-ray / DVD

TOUR20 This Way to Self-Destruction

2020.02.08 Elysée Montmartre -Paris/France

• 01. 絶縁体 (Zetsuentai)
  • 02. 軽蔑と始まり(Keibetsu to Hajimari)
  • 03. 赫(Aka)
  • 04. Downfall
  • 05. Values of Madness
  • 06. 谿壑の欲(Keigaku no Yoku)
  • 07. Ranunculus
  • 08. The World of Mercy

The World You Live In

2020.03.28 KT Zepp Yokohama

• SE
  • 01. 人間を被る(Ningen wo Kaburu)
  • 02. 軽蔑と始まり(Keibetsu to Hajimari)
  • 03. Merciless Cult
  • 04. 朔-saku-
  • 05. 絶縁体(Zetsuentai)
  • 06. 赫(Aka)
  • 07. Downfall
  • 08. 腐海(Fukai)
  • 09. 谿壑の欲(Keigaku no Yoku)
  • 10. Ranunculus
  • 11. The World of Mercy
  • 12. Sustain the untruth
  • 13. 詩踏み(Utafumi)

※The live footage do not come in the same edit of the YouTube Livestream.

※Title, track list and contents for『落ちた事のある空(Ochita Koto no Aru Sora)』(Pia Arena MM Special Package version) may be subject to change.

Edited by Seelentau

Why couldn't they do "concert from home" like Mucc and others did 😕 It would be more interesting than audiostream.
And that DVD part... you literally give us same songs that were on TWOM's DVD.
On the other hand, I'm very intrigued about that Clever Sleazoid remake.

The image seems deleted, @Seelentau 🤔

Also is there info on price for those physical version? Or is it gift as in a-knot members purchase only?

Just read it. Looks like it is free package for anyone who doesn't wish to refund.

http://www.sp-freewillonline.com/direngrey/information.php?page=detail&id=1664022914

This shit might be another rare stuff now, if they don't plan to release physical at all for this single, aside from this version.

Edited by LIDL

I'm, like, sure the new clever sleazoid will improve on the album version, but can we pleawse get proper b-sides again? like hello?

it's a thirteen year old single that only had its momentum for like this long, most of it on the visual shock value on top of that.

3 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

I'm, like, sure the new clever sleazoid will improve on the album version, but can we pleawse get proper b-sides again? like hello?

it's a thirteen year old single that only had its momentum for like this long, most of it on the visual shock value on top of that.

When did we had a proper b-side? 

15 minutes ago, EvilHippy said:

When did we had a proper b-side? 

saku/machiavellism?.. I kinda count hydra 666 too, but that's one of the few remakes I actually liked so idk

2 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

saku/machiavellism?.. I kinda count hydra 666 too, but that's one of the few remakes I actually liked so idk

Ah. Good times when they were pumping out music ad nauseum.
But yeah. To be honest, I was expecting one-song single, since it was planned as digital.
But now they'll be a physical edition as well, so they could have put more effort, yep.

Edited by EvilHippy

1 minute ago, Egnirys cimredopyh said:

The kasumi single had a proper b-side too, I’m talking about fukai

17 years ago 😕
Then they started putting a lot of live songs.
Then re-recordings/acoustics, which we still have now.

So, I don't even know why you expect having another new song as a b-side.

3 minutes ago, EvilHippy said:

I don't even know why you expect having another new song as a b-side.

I mean if lynch spontaneously released a 3 track single after stopping doing singles for several album cycles why wouldn't these heffas spare us some tunes? I can always hope :')

Idk i'm all on the hype with that Clever Sleazoid remake, the deeper vileness one they did for TIW was savage af so i'm expecting the same for this

19 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

I mean if lynch spontaneously released a 3 track single after stopping doing singles for several album cycles why wouldn't these heffas spare us some tunes? I can always hope :')

Considering lynch had no releases in 2019, I just think like they were so blueballed that releasing Ultima wasn't enough for them. 

EDIT.
Also, several album cycles? They had Blood Thirsty Creature before XIII...

Edited by EvilHippy

lbr sisters if we aren't getting those new b-sides in year of our lord covid 2020 we aren't getting them anytime after so whatever lol

Edited by nekkichi

Just now, EvilHippy said:

I'm all for Die finally cutting his hair. Fed up with his long hair over 4 years.

The feelings mutual. Any longer than now he can audition for Pantene tbh.

1 minute ago, nekkichi said:

y'all got anna varney for all ur baldie boners but somehow expect deg to follow suit?.. smh

That's a second time this week I hear about Anna Varney in context with DEG.
Now I definitely need to check her

34 minutes ago, EvilHippy said:

I'm all for Die finally cutting his hair. Fed up with his long hair over 4 years.

As much as I love his long blonde I all in for Super Sayan God Die to be back

DIRENGREYVULGAR.JPG

The song will be good, and Clever Sleazoid will be an improvement over the original — like all of their remakes with the exception of Kasumi, which was dog shit.