Which generation are you from?

What age demographic do you belong to?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. I am from:

• Generation Y/Millenial [1980-1996]
    • Generation X [1965-1980]
    • Generation Z [1996-2010]
    • Baby Boomer [1946-1965]

I'm curious to see the age demographics of MH. I bet it will mostly be Millennials followed by Gen Z, then Gen X. I know that the definition of which generation starts when is murky but I choose only the most reliable source, Wikipedia! That being said, if your birth year intertwines with two Gens (like 1996) choose whichever one you identify most with. 

I'm Gen Z. Honestly, going by all the revival lives and stuff in the VK scene, and the slow transition to digital mediums like having music on Spotify and doing lives and interviews on Youtube, I feel like I was born in the right generation, 100%. How about you?

I'm either Gen Y or X but I decided to vote Y.

I never minded getting to know about VK when I was in the middle of my Twenties so I didn't have to ask my parents, if I were allowed to go to this live or that one (2006 - 2008 there have been so many bands coming to Germany that I've been to lives so often compared to now). I also didn't have to care about school and if tour dates might interfere with school stuff, especially when I had to go to other places than here so to me that was the perfect age. I don't look my age anyway so no one every thought I'd be that much older than the others. xDD

I am Gen Y 😃.  I discover VK was young by a French Rock Magazine they talk about European, American and Visual Kei band because many bands who comes in France in 2000's and I see no one because I was young and I live a small town. In these you can buy a European Edition of visual kei cds for many bands but not all.

In this time , many bands haven't a Youtube Channel, and many MV uploads from TV or CDs.

In this time you had many shows , lives and MVs from Nico Nico Douga was free in start. After certain shows was not free and you had to pay. And I created a old account for free (maybe he's dead).

After the decline of Visual Kei in Europe , I buy CDs from Japan .

I am happy when labels and bands created their YouTube channels and they streaming their music on Spotify and Amazon.

I'm generation Y and I started to listen vk in the 2000s. Poland always had relatively small fanbase, so most of the bands avoided our country :(. Back then I watched videos on yt, and tried to download albums from bearshare or other softwares (I didn't know about soulseek), but very slow internet was very annoying. Now is so much better :)

Damn, so fucking wild. I'm considered gen Z here lol altho from what I remember, 1996-1999 are considered as a weird undefinied generation all together tbh not exactly considered Y and Z so yeah~