dancing billy

getting back into vkei !!!

hi all :0

i've been aware of vkei/jrock scene since like, 2009, thanks to my older brother listening to bands like alice nine/a9 around that time HAHAH

i had my entire emo + anime vocaloid japan phase until like, most people, i discovered kpop! despite it being my main interest i did still listen to lots of jrock and whatnot though

i guess i'm wanting to fall back to my roots (if u can rly call it that) and really get into vk now, kpop is kinda boring after you turn 18 if we r honest LOL

i've been lurking mh for some time and finally decided to make an account and i'm keen to do some deep diving !! 

gazette is my favourite band, so they're really the only band i've realy kept up with. mentioned before a9 is ofc on the rotational playlist, but some newer bands i really enjoy so far are diaura and nocturnal bloodlust, and the few songs i've listened to from deviloof are great!!

if you have any recommendations, please let me know! otherwise its nice to meet everyone and i hope i can make some good friends within the vk scene (ง •̀ω•́)ง✧

Nice to meet cha! I came here in MH to get back into the fandom lol had a somewhat Kpop phase myself as well, Super Junior was my jam before lol but never really got into them much. I have a younger sister who's like a huge fan of kpop hence why I'm pretty updated to it 

I relate to you when it comes to A9 and Gazette! They're def one of the bands here that are still going strong after so many years.

I would recommend bands but, the new ones that I listen to just recently disbanded as well ;w; but I do hear from a lot of people that Kizu, xaaxaa, and codomo dragon are the good ones in this era. Oh and also Jiluka, they're a pretty good one too.