Sign in to follow this  
secret_no_03

Occult

I just rewatched a documentary about witches in Tokyo ( https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyheH-sHmeaMPrm4e0STy21lGrRX45vHU) and it got me thinking and I looked around and found that there is no topic about it here. So, are you into the occult, are you just a fan of Harry Potter, a practicing witch or just a fan of witches and witchcraft? Any wiccans here or for that matter, satanists (Levayen or satanic temple), modern pagans? Just curious about what experience people here have with it because lord knows that it's a wealth of subject matter in the VK world even if it's entirely lip service. 

I guess I kinda count? I mostly dabble in mixes of different kinds of paganism, but mostly focus on Taoism and Hinduism, so I guess you could say I'm the Southeast Asian equivalent of a Witch lol.

9 hours ago, Himeaimichu said:

I guess I kinda count? I mostly dabble in mixes of different kinds of paganism, but mostly focus on Taoism and Hinduism, so I guess you could say I'm the Southeast Asian equivalent of a Witch lol.

That woman in that documentary I posted a link of leans more towards being a sexual witch and takes the sexuality of various religions and blends them into one. I only mention it because she has a lot of Hindu figurines and statues, etc.

Edited by secret_no_03

I've always been interested in various forms of the occult, tho not from a 'practicing' standpoint, only reading up on it or watching movies with this theme. I recently started reading a book on the Hermetic Brotherhood of Luxor, seems interesting so far, although a bit dry. I also got a killer book on the history of magical thinking / occult in Europe, but haven't checked it out yet.

Stuff connected to the Temple of the Black Light (kinda chaosophic/Satanistic/nihilistic mixture?) seems cool too from what I've checked, but it can all become a bit silly in its seriousness. Anyway, it can be intriguing to delve into when the mood strikes.

Edited by Jigsaw9

10 minutes ago, Jigsaw9 said:

I've always been interested in various forms of the occult, tho not from a 'practicing' standpoint, only reading up on it or watching movies with this theme. I recently started reading a book on the Hermetic Brotherhood of Luxor, seems interesting so far, although a bit dry. I also got a killer book on the history of magical thinking / occult in Europe, but haven't checked it out yet.

Stuff connected to the Temple of the Black Light (kinda chaosophic/Satanistic/nihilistic mixture?) seems cool too from what I've checked, but it can all become a bit silly in its seriousness. Anyway, it can be intriguing to delve into when the mood strikes.

That sounds really interesting, I'll have to look into those, Bangi who is friends with Lumi is a pretty good amateur historian of witchcraft, especially the modern Era post 1950, and has a book in Japanese, but yeah. I haven't been able to actually find anything related to the origins of witchcraft in Japan outside of 憑き物筋. 

in a mystery school for a decade now. whenever I have met people in "witch" groups or whatever here it always odd to me how they bastardize things or just have a general "at face" /fashion view of the occult. 

For "witchcraft" in Japan or any actual mystery school/secret society of merit it is very hard to get any reliable information online, the most famous tibetan tied group that was first persecuted in the past and then hit harder times in it's evolved form during it's cooperation with nazi Germany is most likely still continuing in its former protection area with far right, yakuza top, government etc. 

But it is not like how things like Freemasonry can be easily researched if you actually truly want to learn. The stigma of Nazism also covers any reputable historian from covering the interactions outside of Japan. 

If you are looking into hermetic stuff that is the main thing to look into! Find THAT booK

Edited by ghostpepper

Sign in to follow this