Sign in to follow this  
Maiku

Alice Nine Gemini Review

Looks like they hired nightmare to outsorce Gemini 0-I-II tracks, that's super awesome and Yomi did a great job on vocals.

They both have deep voices and they way they sing it's not 100% different but Shou does not sound like Yomi in this album (or any other).

I think Yomi sounds way better but I am a Nightmare fanboy anyway, so never mind.

This!!!! Yomi rulez!!!! :3

I haven't listened much from them, and I have to say I didn't enjoy the album. Maybe that's because I liked the Senkou b-sides too much, and I was expecting the new songs to be as good as Solar Eclipse. Guess I'll never be able to find such a great song again ^^;

^Try their VANDALIZE album. It will grow on you for sure.

Oh! Thank you very much for the suggestion ^_^ The truth is that I really enjoyed the guitar parts in Solar Eclipse and Le Grand Bleu.

^Try their VANDALIZE album. It will grow on you for sure.

Oh! Thank you very much for the suggestion ^_^ The truth is that I really enjoyed the guitar parts in Solar Eclipse and Le Grand Bleu.

Those where awesome, but I like the mature sound of Gemini Trilogy more. Anyway guitars where great in those tracks.

wow everyone so positive? i listened to it once and i thought it sucked, nothing special, not a single song that i thought was: yeah!

maybe i should listen to it again and discover what a true gem it is

...or not haha

^Or maybe you can keep your stupid opinions in your pocket. =3 Moving on ~

Oh Hai Fleur de Neige: Solar Eclipse and Le Grand Bleu were both awesome indeed...especially Solar Eclipse

GEMINI is already become candidate for album of this year though it's still so far away xD

for me anyway.

OOT:

is it a sin to listen to them without scrobbling them?

i feel a little guilty :/

^well, I still scrobble them with their Kana name since I didn't want to mess up my charts when they officially switched and last.fm won't merge the pages. So my plays never count towards group charts or anything anyway lol. So I won't crucify you as I too am a blasphemer =3

And yea, we'll see how it holds up over the year, Still got a long way to go but compared to anything that came out last year it's already a breath of fresh air. To put it this way...zekkeishoku has been one of my favorite albums period for years now and after one or 2 plays I was solid in the fact that GEMINI has replaced it, no hesitation. It's not just my a9 bias/weakness, I really genuinely think this album is excellence and my plays lol... it's been a long time since I've listened to something in so much succession, it's a little scary.

I finally listened to GEMINI with my gf...three times in a row. :D It's an amazing album, even better than I expected!! Some parts remind me of classic '90s major VK which is cool. I like the faster/full-sounding songs better but Fuurin is really good too, for example. And the GEMINI trilogy is like eargasm~ :DUUR: It really doesn't feel like 13 minutes.

The best album I've heard so far this year!! 9/10 for me.

GEMINI has grown on me to be honest, especially the trilogy and birth in the death. They give me chills all over

its an excellent album.

even the songs with ultra cheesy choruses (shinkirou, stargazer and senkou) totally grew on me. the whole album is a grower.

its their most mature stuff to date. love it.

9,5/10

Lol @ the admiration. I believe I saw this guy before, maybe he reviewed SHIVER by the GazettE? Is that possible, the username sounds familiar.

> alice nine is an ALBUM BAND for me

> this takes the cake

> best jrock release for the past couple o' years

> fangirls get their sugarsweet review, I get their pussies

> PROFIT

started my 2nd listening yesterday, liked it much better then

like Rumwolf, Senkou, King&Queen and the Gemini trilogy, dont like them seperate, you must really hear them after one another

so far 8/10 pretty solid release

Agree with the statement this album as the nominates the best album of the year...

I really love GEMINI trilogy and the birth in the death... I give 8/10 point

Lol @ the admiration. I believe I saw this guy before, maybe he reviewed SHIVER by the GazettE? Is that possible, the username sounds familiar.

No but he has reviewed RED and all the other The GazettE releases after. I admire him, we both have many of the same observations in music but he is better looking than me.

Sign in to follow this