YuyoDrift

Coronavirus (COVID-19) MEGATHREAD!

On 4/17/2020 at 4:14 AM, secret_no_03 said:

very heartwarming to see how people are coming up with inventive and alternate solutions to problems in these trying times... you love too see this

OT: An entire student dorm housing around 200 international students has been put into enforced quarantine over here since yesterday because a bunch of dumbasses apparently couldn't cope with being banned from partying & decided to hold one anyway despite a bunch of the attendees being sick. The amount of confirmed cases in there has already doubled since yesterday and I'm expecting it to go up even more. Nobody's allowed to go out until everyone's been tested and all the ppl who tested positive have been moved to a separate area but like at least 1/4th of the people are as of now refusing to take the test for some reason

Edited by Tokage

Phase 1 of the Gov'nor's order: all restaurants, malls, theaters, and retail stores can reopen by May 1; occupancy is limited to no more than 25%. If phase 1 works, occupancy will expand to 50%.

Just in time for my vacation

:manapls:

Here they announced a tentative start of opening things up for May 4. People will be able to go see their relative and significant others (not casual relationships) that live in the same region.

Cue to all the memes about police checking if the relationship is enough significant for the law or not.

"But do you truly love her or do you just fuck?"

94687763_1114532702278530_68675710460908

i wish all the people participating in stupid shit like the whole ''LET'S CLAP FOR OUR DOCTORS'' stuff could be transferred to some desert island or something

1 hour ago, Tokage said:

i wish all the people participating in stupid shit like the whole ''LET'S CLAP FOR OUR DOCTORS'' stuff could be transferred to some desert island or something

The 8pm Thursday claps are getting shorter and shorter over here, thankfully. 

8 hours ago, platy said:

The 8pm Thursday claps are getting shorter and shorter over here, thankfully. 

You're getting claps?!?!?

I would rather have that than 50+ idiots howling like maniacs EVERY EVENING in an attempt to do the same thing, like ok?? How the fuck did this become a thing.

On the topic of stupidity, I don't find it comforting that I'm earning WAY more from unemployment checks than I had with a fulltime job........and so considering that I don't have to work for another month or so, it makes sitting on my couch drinking beer and playing video games surreal enough that it's hard not to see how broken the income system here in the USA is.

Seeing some reports about some potentially new virus that's been affecting children floating around. Symptoms can include general gastrointestinal stuff and flu-like symptoms but also stuff reminiscent of Kawasaki disease.. Could be linked to corona or it could be something else entirely.

Ours has to be the only country that instead of handing out checks to the population issued a law to protect employers and now I’m making half of my salary indefinitely while still working part time and unable to get a second job. 

$350 a month and the possibility to apply to my unemployment insurance and get 15-25% of my salary as a bonus. Then they wonder why we riot and burn corporate buildings. 

Things opened back up in Ohio today. I went all over town (post office, Walmart, dollar store) and the vast majority of people aren't wearing masks when it's supposed to be enforced by businesses where if you're not wearing one you can't come in. I didn't see anyone reprimand anyone not wearing one or anything.

On 5/1/2020 at 7:22 PM, Tokage said:

Seeing some reports about some potentially new virus that's been affecting children floating around. Symptoms can include general gastrointestinal stuff and flu-like symptoms but also stuff reminiscent of Kawasaki disease.. Could be linked to corona or it could be something else entirely.

Dude, where did you read this stuff? Is there a link you can share? I didn't hear about any new virus and that's kinda scary.

44 minutes ago, riyusama said:

Dude, where did you read this stuff? Is there a link you can share? I didn't hear about any new virus and that's kinda scary.

Here's some articles on this new thing. It's still not quite clear what it is and what its exact connection to corona is atm:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/27/health/children-covid-19-illness-intl-scli-gbr/index.html

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-britain-children/uk-says-some-children-have-died-from-syndrome-linked-to-covid-19-idUSKCN22A0XW

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/04/uk-children-dying-disease-possibly-linked-coronavirus-200428100151216.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/27/nhs-warns-of-rise-in-children-with-new-illness-that-may-be-linked-to-coronavirus

A Dutch news article on the same topic also said that similar cases have popped up in France, Spain, Switzerland and Italy as well, and Holland has a few reported cases of whatever it is too

Wtf. I was going to post something heartwarming + insightful about the disease and all of a sudden my laptops internet connection is not working anymore. It's wireless so it's really beyond me why, but wireless connections simply vanished ; Refreshing and nothing, restarted it already aaand nothing. Guess I only have my mobile connection now lol. 

Anyway. Where was I ... 

Myself. Things are hectic. Guess since herd immunity failed us the gv now goin for natural selection. Auths barely think for themselves so we are going back to work bc other countries are too. But our winters happening now 

I work in child care too so. More than anything I've always worried for those kids who have nothing in life but their grandparents; they are NOT few and they are going to shelters if anything happens 😕 more than money which has always failed me/us it's worrying me since day one of these bs happenings. 

I'm quarantined alone (as an essential worker I was asked to return to working locally.) missing my loved 1s ; mental health, never really had it but its worsening ; everything sucks basically. Anyway. Am I healthy in any way right now? Probably not. Will it get better? Hmm, doubt it...? 

So sorry to bring up the elephant but. What dyall think about the entertainment industry, particularly bands etc? Those events got me rethinking certain things which happened in Nov-Feb ... Seeing these in another light. For one. The boy in my pic is a Chinese guy in a k-pop group. He was in a hiatus supposedly bc of mental health issues since Apr/May and it seems he asked to return to SK in Nov/Dec but was refused. At first every fan was mad worried (he's in the company known for ... Expelling Hyunah lol) but now thinking about it, maybe the industry had known beforehand? Not unlikely seeing as lives are ... Absolute nonos in a pandemic (crowds, touching, spitting...) . Kinda makes me see those world tours re/scheduled completely out of nowhere between Nov-Feb in another light too. 

Edited by Chell

just found out that my cousin got infected. i thought things were getting better but now things feel a bit scary again (been sorta out of the loop so i don't know how bad things are elsewhere). i'll be honest, she's kind of the party goer type so it didn't surprise me that she was the first one to get infected in her family. it does worry me though because her dad has diabetes and is already quite vulnerable....

just because things are opening up again doesn't mean you can party like the way things were before..

They're now finding out that Covid-19 effects the blood cells which explains why it's causing problems to people's toes and giving people strokes. It's the first time they've found a repository infection that attacks blood cells. 🙁

England being dumb as usual. Lockdown is being lifted ASAP and the prime minister couldn’t be vaguer if he tried. To summarise, go out but “be sensible” if you get the virus it’s your fault you should’ve given the pub your contact info even though we don’t have a working tracing system.🤡

https://apple.news/A_qVpmT6hRD2S2KapgOQEaw