YuyoDrift

Coronavirus (COVID-19) MEGATHREAD!

I'm getting increasingly concerned about all these privacy-invading ''protective'' measures governments worldwide are pushing through : / Have this lingering feeling that most of 'em won't be rolled back when this shit dies down

15 hours ago, secret_no_03 said:

Duterte is insane (just assuming off of your location listed and how the president of the Phillipines is like a mixture of Hitler and Trump.).

Yup, you're right I'm from the Philippines lol and yeah, he's insane in a sense. Can't believe I voted for the guy jfc

Altho a majority of Filipinos did vote for him because when he was the Senator of a specific city, it was one of the best cities in the whole country. Clean, safe, and almost next to no poor people/peeps living off the streets. Corrupt leaders went to almost 0 in Davao city (it's the city where Gackt has a house in so, tbh if I love it lol) I even remember before when Duterte won, Gackt made a video of full support for him, dude literally said he was happy and glad the Philippines has a great leader now wild

But tbh, I didn't know he would go to such extreme lengths to get rid of rioters and such. Idk if we should've expected this since he was a soldier before gosh

But all in all, the health workers here are somewhat being given good attention so that's a good news. A good portion of people keep donating PPE and a lot of citizens had gone out of their way to give driving services to front liners since public transportations had been banned already.

In a way, at least there's still some good things happening in my country. Idk about the others tho, all I keep reading from other countries are bad news and it's sad ;w;

I wish everyone of you could understand italian, this one is a masterpiece. (This one is the "flame thrower" comment polician that got viral a few weeks ago) his Coronavirus speeches are a mix of wisdom and pure testily madness.

Edited by Arkady

1 hour ago, Arkady said:

I wish everyone of you could understand italian, this one is a masterpiece. (This one is the "flame thrower" comment polician that got viral a few weeks ago) his Coronavirus speeches are a mix of wisdom and pure testily madness.

I wish we had fb tag groups here cuz, I don't understand Italian at all and there's this fb group named  "May I please have a crumb of context please" and it just fits for me right now lol

Also this sounds like a lofi fucking song I'm crying XD

if anyone needs masks and doesn't want to buy overly priced ones online or sew themselves one, Newegg gives out FREE masks (disposable ones) on your purchase. i think it's only a one time thing though and they give you five in a pack but it's better than nothing. i got some on a recent purchase for a graphics card. it just depends on whether you have something you want to buy from there or not. it's also US based but they have a global shop as well.

i wonder if other shops/places offer free masks?

41 minutes ago, secret_no_03 said:

Did anyone from the US get 1200 deposited into their bank account yet?

yup! i got it this morning! everyone gets it if they filed their taxes for 2019. i heard that children get $500 or something? which seems a lot for a kid, but it most likely went to the parents' account.

44 minutes ago, secret_no_03 said:

Did anyone from the US get 1200 deposited into their bank account yet?

yep! my family got it, so I should be getting mine this week!

7 hours ago, plastic_rainbow said:

yup! i got it this morning! everyone gets it if they filed their taxes for 2019. i heard that children get $500 or something? which seems a lot for a kid, but it most likely went to the parents' account.

The parents get $500 for every child from 1-16 years old.

6 hours ago, YuyoDrift said:

Just in time for the new iPhone SE release lol

Yep, Apple are no one's fool, $399 is the perfect price for Android people to come over to the Apple ecosystem and to think yesterday Oneplus announced a new $1000 flagship.

smh hard @ the absolute drones still thinkin shit like ''OH NO I NEED MUH NEW IPHONE'' during a global pandemic/global economic collapse tbh...

Also: Dutch news said that based on immunity-related research so far it appears that only 3% of the examined test subjects indeed developed antibodies for the virus. So much for herd immunity :^)

Edited by Tokage

3 hours ago, secret_no_03 said:

The parents get $500 for every child from 1-16 years old.

yeah, i figured it was something like that. i didn't exactly read up on it, just heard from someone else.

30 minutes ago, plastic_rainbow said:

yeah, i figured it was something like that. i didn't exactly read up on it, just heard from someone else.

No worries, just didn't want you to think children are getting money, that'd be ridiculous. Also, no one in college will get it nor will anyone claimed as a dependent.