YuyoDrift

Coronavirus (COVID-19) MEGATHREAD!

1 hour ago, plastic_rainbow said:
  Hide contents

i knew this country was pretty much fucked but....YIKES!

🤣 I thought for sure he said "Don't be a PewDiePie." at first.

Edited by secret_no_03

Last night I was going to sleep and it blew my mind the number of people I know who this $1200 (+ $500 for each dependant under 17 you have)  will be such a big deal to, if not life changing. Literally the most amount of money they've ever had at one time and it's sad. It's not sad because they don't work hard enough or what have you; it's sad because there's plenty of poor and working poor folks. 

10 minutes ago, secret_no_03 said:

In an article that sounds like it's straight out of the Onion, the Japanese government have put a hikikomori in charge of Japan's self-quarantine division.

https://soranews24.com/2020/04/01/japanese-government-appoints-hikikomori-as-head-of-council-on-self-quarantine-strategies

hurr durr April's fool. The waifu stuff snapped me out of it.

9 minutes ago, platy said:

hurr durr April's fool. The waifu stuff snapped me out of it.

Totally forgot that's what today was as it's my anniversary so I don't put much stock in the fake joke part of it lol. Anyway, I could totally see them doing that though, at least in an advisory role, haven't actually had time to read it yet. 

I'm still wondering how Japan has such low numbers compared to China and South Korea. They are the country with the highest ratio of elderly population.

On 4/3/2020 at 2:44 PM, Dxrk1sm said:

I'm still wondering how Japan has such low numbers compared to China and South Korea. They are the country with the highest ratio of elderly population.

I hate sounding like a conspiracy theorist but I honestly feel like numbers are/were being under reported. Plus Japan hasn't been testing as much as China and South Korea. It's really irresponsible considering how old Japan's population is... Not enough measures being taken and the measures that have been taken are infuriating i.e the whole "two masks for every family" debacle.

it seems like they're rolling out new rules every other day in Poland.

personally, I've been on and off on home office for three weeks, and other than going to work, I've been outside all of three times probably, for grocery shopping. Warsaw is pretty deserted, it's kind of eerie~ 

Edited by spockitty

On 4/5/2020 at 11:06 PM, nikuman said:

I hate sounding like a conspiracy theorist but I honestly feel like numbers are/were being under reported. Plus Japan hasn't been testing as much as China and South Korea. It's really irresponsible considering how old Japan's population is... Not enough measures being taken and the measures that have been taken are infuriating i.e the whole "two masks for every family" debacle.

What would they gain from doing that though, out of all other countries.

12 minutes ago, Dxrk1sm said:

What would they gain from doing that though, out of all other countries.

From under reporting numbers? I think pretty much all countries are under reporting due to the lack of testing, not just Japan. I’m from America and I know for a fact that we have waaaay more cases than we’re seeing reported because we aren’t testing.

In Japan’s case, I wouldn’t be surprised if the olympics (and work culture over there in general) had a hand in the hesitance to test. The less you test, the less confirmed cases you have. With less confirmed cases, people feel less likely to get the virus so they carry on as usual. 

1 hour ago, nikuman said:

From under reporting numbers? I think pretty much all countries are under reporting due to the lack of testing, not just Japan. I’m from America and I know for a fact that we have waaaay more cases than we’re seeing reported because we aren’t testing.

In Japan’s case, I wouldn’t be surprised if the olympics (and work culture over there in general) had a hand in the hesitance to test. The less you test, the less confirmed cases you have. With less confirmed cases, people feel less likely to get the virus so they carry on as usual. 

That is true. They were massively under reporting cases due to Tokyo Olympics 2020, thinking it's just a bubble and it will eventually pass. But once they realized how serious it is, they announced that the Olympics were reported till 2021 and out of a sudden the reported cases exploded over night. 

Now, that was under reporting. But I wouldn't call not testing enough people under reporting. To me under reporting is when the government  knows the numbers but decides to not reveal them to the masses, like what China is being accused of right now, and what Japan did to protect Tokyo Olympics 2020. 

But as for now, I don't think they do. As I just can't see what they would gain from doing that as opposed to China. 

I've always been of the belief that the Japanese government doesn't want people to get really old, it's part of the reason why they subsidize cigarettes. They want everyone to get cancer and die because there's already too many old people, not enough people to work, the Japanese social security system is going to collapse unless there's an influx of children being born. Japan is set to have 100M people by 2050. 

Supposedly there's a conspiracy that 5G screws up your blood to oxygen ratio and partly the cause of coronavirus. Sounds crazy, but we really don't know how our bodies will react to 5G, but I doubt it is doing that. One thing we always worry about is that the stronger the G the higher risk of cancer. I don't know much about the science behind EHF, but supposedly there's no correlation between cancer and cellphone use.

Talking about the state of the virus in Japan, during lessons I would ask my Japanese students about their opinions of the virus. A good portion of them are saying like "meh, it's inevitable, still gotta go to work since it's not that serious." Legit have a student that has a high rank in his job but continues to go to to work like yooooo they don't take this that seriously lol

But then again, those are just a majority of my students, there are some who are scared still. But tbh, mostly they just told me how much of an inconvenience the virus is for them.

Idk if it's right to say this but tbh, I feel as tho in a way, even tho the Japanese government is so undecided when it comes to quarantine, the people there  are handling the hygiene thing pretty well. My opinion only guys lol that's just the impression I get from my students.

On another news tho, here in my country because of the quarantine people are legit starving to death now. The other day people started to riot out in the streets because they no longer have the money to buy food. The next day our president said it's not his problem if those people starving can't find a way to feed themselves and he literally gave the OK to the police to shoot the hungry people who are rioting wtf senators also gave statements saying if you're hungry, don't become violent and find a peaceful solution like wtf

My country's in a nutshell y'all, the government here is SHIT even worse quarantine got extended to April 30 ugh altho we all think it might get extended till July, hopefully it'll just end soon.

41 minutes ago, riyusama said:

Talking about the state of the virus in Japan, during lessons I would ask my Japanese students about their opinions of the virus. A good portion of them are saying like "meh, it's inevitable, still gotta go to work since it's not that serious." Legit have a student that has a high rank in his job but continues to go to to work like yooooo they don't take this that seriously lol

But then again, those are just a majority of my students, there are some who are scared still. But tbh, mostly they just told me how much of an inconvenience the virus is for them.

Idk if it's right to say this but tbh, I feel as tho in a way, even tho the Japanese government is so undecided when it comes to quarantine, the people there  are handling the hygiene thing pretty well. My opinion only guys lol that's just the impression I get from my students.

On another news tho, here in my country because of the quarantine people are legit starving to death now. The other day people started to riot out in the streets because they no longer have the money to buy food. The next day our president said it's not his problem if those people starving can't find a way to feed themselves and he literally gave the OK to the police to shoot the hungry people who are rioting wtf senators also gave statements saying if you're hungry, don't become violent and find a peaceful solution like wtf

My country's in a nutshell y'all, the government here is SHIT even worse quarantine got extended to April 30 ugh altho we all think it might get extended till July, hopefully it'll just end soon.

Duterte is insane (just assuming off of your location listed and how the president of the Phillipines is like a mixture of Hitler and Trump.).