YuyoDrift

Coronavirus (COVID-19) MEGATHREAD!

1 hour ago, Gesu said:

As far as I could find by wandering around for what must have been an hour and a half just now, there is officially zero toilet paper on shop shelves in the city where I live. I just had to cheap out and buy some fucking Kleenex. They're now limiting these kinds of products to three per customer in many shops.

You're in the UK - if you haven't done this yet, go to Polish and Asian stores. Not only do they usually have cheaper stuff, the polish stores in my city are fully stocked whereas Sainsburys, Asda and every other big market is bare. Also, of course kleenex and any other type of tissue can still be used as TP. It's the same function and there's also baby wipes which you can get for less than £1 (or so I hear) at lidl. 

Doesn't seem like the country lock down is helping much, or it's just a case of hoping these shrink rather than go away completely. 

France reports 1,404 new cases of coronavirus and 69 new deaths, raising total to 9,134 cases and 244 dead

Edited by secret_no_03

In what is a nearly black plague level of death in Italy the government has still had to charge more than 40,000 people with violating lock down.

The UK will be closing all schools effective Friday, not entirely sure if they're talking about university though.

At least 104 people in the United Kingdom have died from coronavirus, health officials said Wednesday. Of those, 99 were reported in England, including 32 in the last 24 hours, according to the National Health Service. Three people have died in Scotland and two in Wales so far.

The first United States congressman to test positive has been announced as Republican Florida Representative Mario Diaz-Balart.

I'm in London and my husband had basically forced me to lie to my work (that I've come into contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19) so that I can work from home since over a week ago. He's also amassed a massive stockpile and started avoiding going out from 2 weeks ago. At the time he felt like a doomsday prepper but now he's super smug that he's called it 2 weeks ago 😭

My aunt just called and said she's having to work from home for the next twelve weeks. I know it's quite a while but honestly, twelve weeks isn't as long as I had expected. Maybe things will get better sooner than I thought... I hope so, anyways.

Well not so much news as its more just hearsay but apparently the mountain towns here in Colorado have quarintined themselves due to a crazy outbreak due to lodges, ski resorts, and events causing a major spread of the virus. The worst part is that even though other countries are being told to stay put, that didn't stop the rich fucks from all over europe, Canada, and EVEN FUCKING MEXICO to come vacation here in major ski towns like Vail and Aspen. The townsfolk are pretty pissed but what can they do when their major source of income is tourism.....

@The Reverend I'm hoping this is not true but either way I hope you guys are managing well up there.

Hyde has been living in LA for a few years now if memory serves ^_^!

With a lockdown in Tokyo seeming likely now everyone is acting a fool again.

Just went to go buy some coffee and saw everyone in my neighborhood panic buying again.

I do not know why people here do not have enough toilet paper yet after the last go @_@;;

The counties around me have a shelter-in-place order, and although there's no confirmed cases here, I'm afraid we'll be next.

Good thing I'm still working I guess?

On 3/21/2020 at 1:24 PM, YuyoDrift said:

Well not so much news as its more just hearsay but apparently the mountain towns here in Colorado have quarintined themselves due to a crazy outbreak due to lodges, ski resorts, and events causing a major spread of the virus. The worst part is that even though other countries are being told to stay put, that didn't stop the rich fucks from all over europe, Canada, and EVEN FUCKING MEXICO to come vacation here in major ski towns like Vail and Aspen. The townsfolk are pretty pissed but what can they do when their major source of income is tourism.....

@The Reverend I'm hoping this is not true but either way I hope you guys are managing well up there.

I mean, gotta take the good with the bad I guess. My particular mountain town is funded entirely by sales tax so we literally run because tourists come here and spend money. It's pretty wild how empty it is now that the ski areas have been closed. 

Glad I still have a job... though I currently have been home for ~a week with maybe Covid-19. (you don't get tested unless you're really bad off and in the hospital, which thankfully I'm not as of yet.)

Be safe @YuyoDrift and everybody!

So I heard a few days ago that there's a stay home policy now, in the US, and how some will get stopped by a police to get checked if they have an essential employee badge or something of the sort. Ofc, you can still go out to buy groceries. Received a call yesterday from my lead saying that we're one of the essential workers (we make shirts for other companies and apparently Kwik Trip still needs them), but I'm only part-time so they schedule full-timers first. Currently, I'm only scheduled once a week, but sometimes they'll call me off anyway.

My art uni, in San Francisco, is staying fully online for the rest of the semester. I'm pretty glad I chose to attend online for my second year, I attended on campus my first year, because I'd be freaking out so much being so far away from home and living in a big city. It's already scary enough living in a big city for me so I wouldn't be able to handle it if I was still there with all this going on. I'd fly back home so fast. I hope others who are faraway from home have made it back safe or are staying safe elsewhere. I feel so worried about everyone else in general, please stay safe!

Edited by plastic_rainbow

Been seeing some Dutch reports about corona samples also being found in wastewater.. Good shit. Presumably all the filtration it goes through before being recycled into tap water again should make it okay but still