Sign in to follow this  
BrenGun

An interview with BURGUNDY RAIN

20 minutes ago, suji said:

so these interviews are just gonna be of your favorites bands and nobody else? 

Gotcha.

I think it's more just groups who are accessible / agreeable to being interviewed. I imagine a lot of bands are kinda dodgy or hard to get in touch with, especially if they don't speak multiple languages, and some probably just don't want to be bothered by a "european fansite."

This particular interview was...interesting. Compared to the few others in the series, these guys seemed way less interested in answering the questions, but that could be because they don't consider themselves to be vkei, so vkei questions were a moot point. 

51 minutes ago, suji said:

so these interviews are just gonna be of your favorites bands and nobody else? 

Gotcha.

I mean tbf I'd probably do the same. I cant imagine what questions to ask or being interested in interviewing a band idc for in the first place.

1 minute ago, sleepy coffee said:

I mean tbf I'd probably do the same. I cant imagine what questions to ask or being interested in interviewing a band idc for in the first place.

The problem is is that these interviews are catered to an overseas audience, and because of that I don't understand how we're expected to care about a band that no one except the interviewee has heard of and it just looks so biased. I expected more variety out of this but I'm no longer looking forward to these interviews if they're only catering to an audience of one.

For the record, I thought it would be cool to interview these guys because of the Revival Judith connection.

For various reasons the interview did not turn out like we planned, but we had already agreed to post it by that point. Once we make a promise, I would rather post one weird/bad interview than break that promise.

We’re in a position right now where we’re so small that negative word of mouth from one band could fuck us, I feel.

If the concern is that we will just be posting interviews from “jrock” bands: I understand, and I agree. But I want to assure you that’s not the case.

I discussed with Brengun at the beginning of this that I would rather post nothing than post non-VK stuff. I think VK-only spaces are rare, and I want to remain one. Brengun has her own website for “jrock” things.

We have three interviews which are confirmed and scheduled. All three bands are firmly VK. Our list of bands that we’re reaching out to is all firmly VK. This particular interview was an exception.

As for the bands being small: yes, we will have to start with very small bands. I think that’s more interesting anyway, but we also have to be pragmatic and realize that a large band isn’t going to respond to us. I’m not sure if anyone has a problem with that, but I just wanted to put it out there.

Our current schedule is a new interview every other Tuesday. So our next will be on 3/3. I think that everyone will be more satisfied with the next ones. But if that’s not the case, keep letting us know.

Edited by inartistic