Sign in to follow this  
golffy_aoi

THE KIDDIE - smile

I thought it would be just a crappy major debut single , but I eventually figure it out that this is the best single of them ^ ^

1.smile - this song is good as a poppy song, but it's kinda boring =.=

8/10

2.shooting star - IMO, this is the best song of this single. it reminds me of Sayonara Setsuna XD

10/10

3.HERO - this song calm me down when I get stressed from reading textbook of Summer's final exam Y^Y

9/10

Overall - 9/10 :domo:

B-sides > A-side. Most precisely shooting star > HERO > smile.

I wasn't expecting much after listening to smile., so I was pleasantly surprised how this turned out to be a really good single.

While I think smile. is the weakest song on the CD, I don't think it's necessarily bad - it's just your typical pop-rock-filled-with-violin-arrangements Japanese song. shooting star, on the other hand, has the sound I always expect them to do - catchy pop-rock stuff with simple chorus, solo and everything - and already got me addicted after only one listen. HERO is pretty good too in its chill vibe; sounds like a grower and fits well in their ballads/soft catalogue.

I don't usually rate CDs in reviews, but I'd give this single a 8/10.

smile.

When I heard the sample, I didn't like it. But luckily it was just the chorus. Chorus isn't that great, but everything else is. I love the verses, and the solo sounded very good too. And I really liked the basslines. They were pretty good troughout the whole song. But anyway, mostly because of the chorus, it's not their best. 7/10

Shooting Star

This is one of their "cool rock songs". I love how they're loyal to their style, but they always manage to make it a bit different. It's clearly them, but it doesn't sound like recycling. My favorite part was the main riff. It souded really good. But I was a bit disappointed at the guitar "solo". If you could even coun't that as a solo. The acoustic part before that, on the other hand, was really cool. 8/10

Hero

Very nice and calm. Dunno what to say about it. Very easy listening, but still the instruments are well done, and they sound like they actually payed attention to the melodies. I kinda wish it had a solo, but it works fine even without it. 8/10

It's a pretty solid single. Not their best, but not their worst.

I was pretty shocked when they were going to become major band but now I'm not afraid at all.

smile. - Nothing special. This actually the first time THE KIDDIE reminds me of An cafe. The riff is nice but still it's kind of boring. Skippable. 6/10

shooting star - Great. This is the best THE KIDDIE song since NOAH. The guitar riff is simple but interesting and Yusa's voice sounds great. This gave back my faith in THE KIDDIE. 9/10

HERO - Pretty nice. This is boring and forgettable and Yusa doesn't sound good at all. Still it's different from other THE KIDDIE songs and that's why it's nice. Maybe it will grow on me. 7/10

Overall the single was great. Shooting star was amazing and other songs were pretty good too. This hooked me again to THE KIDDIE.

Overall: 7.5/10

Sign in to follow this