Lily

Jrockers, who influence your look

Ah thanks. ^////^ And omg maybe! I was on LJ for a long time as cure4thecommon. But I did have a few different names over time. Do you mind me asking what your username was?

Yeahh, I knew it started with a "c"! I remember ya~~ : D

I think I'm more well known as aoi_shoujo, but I changed to shiiso-tikku at some point.

for my makeup i get a lot of bits and pieces from different bands, looks and PV's i've seen.

fashion wise im aligned a lot with current DIR EN GREY, emmuree and kazuma (HFP). i wish i could dress more like goth-era MM and mako but their looks arent too practical for day-to-day life :((

I did a Sho Asakawa ~inspired~ hairstyle for a while last year.

tumblr_nufitrWtrY1rfey86o1_1280.jpg

I also had a neon pink hair that was just inspired by visual style in general, no one specific.

(This picture is super old so sorry it's small lol)

tumblr_nufiiwhnJS1rfey86o4_250.png

Even more reason to be hella jelly of your fineness, madame. <3

tumblr_mu97drSUsl1qiz6eho1_500.jpg

Sometimes I wish I had straight black hair because of him.

I heard there's a method for straightening your hair that uses some natural material that also dyes your hair black. Or you can dye your hair and flat iron it. But I think that's a pain in the butt.

I can't really say I'm influenced or copying someones clothing style. As a matter of fact, these latest years I haven't really been bothered with clothes (I'm working at a warehouse so I can't really wear much else than jeans).

BUT, in my teens, when I first came in contact with visual kei and jrock I was very much a tomboy who didn't care about clothes at all, and I didn't really like the thought of how women "are supposed to be". So when I came in contact with musicians like Mana from Malice Mizer and Moi Dix Mois and Dada from Velvet Eden I was so fascinated by how feminine they looked. I thought, and still think, they were prettier than any woman I've ever seen and the fact they were men made me so interested and also gave me a feeling of wanting to look like them. So, I took the huge step of starting to be more feminine as in wearing skirts and dresses, as I never had before.

As for me~ If it wasn't for Visual Kei, I wouldn't even have a style to begin with. 

I didn't even care about what I wore up until high school when I first discovered it. I was such a tomboy so I figured "dressing up" was so girly, but then I saw all these beautiful fashionable men and this completely changed my view. 

So I initially I was mainly influenced by Asagi's more casual looks:

(The hat, vest, 'rocker shirt' combo )

603881_513295968737809_1577047913_n.jpg?

But once I found other stuff I got into more experimental stuff when I could. 

Currently though, my style is mainly influenced by MEJIBRAY - namely Koichi since both me and him have a more 'cutesy' sort of look.

I want to make my style more 'extreme' though - maybe at some point to have some looks inspired by Meto-chan~! ( * u * )

Since I have the freedom to do so that is~

Koichi-mejibray-35426027-166-317.png     11287684_642084312603065_903784446_n.jpg

Duuuuude it'd be so fun to try out this look~

10881536_379197108907477_748232627391491

I can't say I'm inspired but I like and dress like Ryutaro's style that's in my avatar.

7c15298e9377335cf4c1686fc21c4987.jpg

I love his very large clothes.

I also love many piercings and tattoos but unfortunately can't have them, I wish I had my ears like Lily's.

If I find something interesting of myself I'll edit this later. 

Edited by len

On 22.10.2015 at 9:00 PM, Hikari-Club said:

As for me~ If it wasn't for Visual Kei, I wouldn't even have a style to begin with. 

I didn't even care about what I wore up until high school when I first discovered it. I was such a tomboy so I figured "dressing up" was so girly, but then I saw all these beautiful fashionable men and this completely changed my view. 

Hahaha, Oh man~ This is totally me |D

Personally I wouldn´t say that I have a special someone as a style inspiration..
It´s more like whenever I see something, like a nice detail on an outfit or really nice Make-up, I try to keep it in mind.. or save the Image so that I could steal that idea someday~ if you´d like to say that.

But since I rarely have that much time anymore. It became kinda hard for me to actually use all that inspiration.
So in the end I just tend to look the same because it just needs to be done quick

When it comes to my styles, I'm a mix of everything xD

I consider myself a little influenced by Kuro from Kuroyuri To Kage when it comes to hair, and how I wear glasses. I used to actually attempt to look like him by wearing a ponytail and parting my hair in the middle, like how he was in Memento Mori, but safe to say, it's cringey.

So I had my hair cut to the "emo" style, and I have part of it dyed Pink like Kuro used to, though I only have highlights. Not the full thing pink, and if I wear glasses, I do look like Kuro somewhat.

My makeup is kind of like Mei from Kuroyuri To Kage back when he was in Memento Mori, specifically their earlier years as a Dear Dolce band. Though I don't wear makeup a lot since I'm barely allowed to. I'm also trying to learn how to do Hiyori's style of makeup, since I really want to begin crossdressing. 

When it comes to clothing, I'm influenced by a lot of Eroguro and AnguraKei bands in general. I used to be really into Kimono back when I listened to a lot of Kiryu, but ever since I branched off into Eroguro bands, I've mostly taken interest in sort of that "Meiji-Taisho-Showa" aesthetic many of the bands have. Clothing such as Seifuku, Gakuran, etc. But for casual every day fashion, one could say I'm more early 2000's Vkei influenced in that area, since I go with Tshirts, Jeans, a choker, and a spiked arm band. 

The main thing about my style that was inspired by jrockers is my labret piercing (the one under your lip in the middle). Years ago,  I always enjoyed getting piercings and thought Takeru (SuG)  and kouki (d= out) looked really good with their labret, better than the ones that go on the side of the lip , so I got one. 

My style is more inspired by Japanese Street fashion where people wear baggy clothing. Although right now my style is a mess since I don't have time or money to buy clothes. 

I don't have any particular artist who influenced me, but I do get inspirations seeing accesories/hair/makeup/clothes jrockers wear. I basically just mix and match to my preference haha.  I love dressing up in rock outfits, just not hardcore Vkei as I personally find many far too flashy and only suitable on stage.  

It seems that like many here, I was also very attracted to Ryutarou's hairstyle. Most of the cuts he's had over the years just seem easy to wear with or without any styling. I went to the hairdressers with a few photos of Ryutarou's layered bob but the hairdresser gave me a mullet with random chunks of hair missing! I never attempted the haircut ever again.

I'm not sure if anyone's really influenced my hair, but I've noticed it's kinda similar to Masashi from Versailles'.

My makeup sometimes changes, but not drastically. I just like studying VK makeup and finding things I like by accident... and even then, my makeup's not really that VK, anyways. Rip.

idaTWZ5.jpg Uwaol40.jpg 6e4VX8V.jpg

Oh, well. At least I always make sure to put that obligatory pale stripe down the bridge of my nose.

As for my clothes, I want to be a tanbi kei goth-loli. I have a big wish list on Lolitashow, but my bank account says "no" at the moment.

Right now, I'd say I'm closer to otome kei than anything. My hair's kinda VK, but everything else just screams "otome". Not that I mind. If I play otoge, I may as well look otokei.

pNBcsUk.jpg

Also, I know you can't see it in that picture, but there's a massive black bow on the back of my head, just as there always is. Just the way I like it.

I have tried the Visual Kei look once for Comic Con but it wasn’t outlandish or gothic it was just a suit. I would KILLLL to pull of a Shinya inspired look, I love his straight brown hair he had back in the Gauze days. Also, I would love to do a Missa era Kyo.

When I did do my VK uniform, I was sorta inspired by Kyo’s outfit from the I’ll video and even his makeup. I didn’t have the wig though 

Edited by psychonnect_rozen

I've had various hair over the years and have had pretty much every color which isn't exactly something I could nail down to one band, but my fashion style when I'm not feeling lazy is a mixture of Sivy (DISH) , Atsushi Hatta (DEEP, HATE/HONEY, DĂLLE, Lüstzöe) and Kagami (DEXCORE).

On 3/9/2019 at 5:23 PM, Gesu said:

I'm not sure if anyone's really influenced my hair, but I've noticed it's kinda similar to Masashi from Versailles'.

My makeup sometimes changes, but not drastically. I just like studying VK makeup and finding things I like by accident... and even then, my makeup's not really that VK, anyways. Rip.

idaTWZ5.jpg Uwaol40.jpg 6e4VX8V.jpg

Oh, well. At least I always make sure to put that obligatory pale stripe down the bridge of my nose.

As for my clothes, I want to be a tanbi kei goth-loli. I have a big wish list on Lolitashow, but my bank account says "no" at the moment.

Right now, I'd say I'm closer to otome kei than anything. My hair's kinda VK, but everything else just screams "otome". Not that I mind. If I play otoge, I may as well look otokei.

pNBcsUk.jpg

Also, I know you can't see it in that picture, but there's a massive black bow on the back of my head, just as there always is. Just the way I like it.

Though its still much more legit than my attemps. I like it.

I've only done cosplay of Kirito in the past, and many times in my live I've had haircuts inspired in Kirito's hairstyles throughout the year, this is one of the reasons I usually wear kinda of short hair. Also I loved the suits and shirts that Yasu from Janne da Arc wore at some point (around Will and shirubia singles), and thats when I also started to wear a lot of shirts and suits xD and now it stayed like that as part of my style, so both Kirito and Yasu I guess xD

I used to be really inspired by the shop staff for Civarize and First Label. Especially Yosei from First Label; I'd put together budget vkei outfits inspired by her instagram posts. I think she even influenced my decision in getting three lip piercings when the original plan was just one (1) piercing. Bitch always showed hers off and made me want more, lmao.

UmgtTQ5.jpg

MNJPpll.jpg

I also liked Hizumi's (ex.Stigma) style. That "cool, dark and dorky mysterious ikemen" aesthetic. I mainly copied his lipstick from this look--the rest is too, uh, impractical.

WdBPuHb.jpg

Nowadays I'm leaning toward a simple tomboy aesthetic, like Mally from exist trace.

W0B9581.jpg

Mike Shinoda. No, I'm not kidding 😀

As a very young teen for the first time I saw him with tomatoe red hair and I thought it was impressive. Back at 90th it wasn't common thing to see men dying their hair, it was so cool and rebel, I loved it.

From jrockers it's definitely Hyde. I love his style. If we avoid the fact he looks fantastic in everything he puts on, Hyde have great style, modern, rock and classic, and I love it.

fbc472415257fc5713181301c8d1c78b.jpg

Uruha too, I spent months digging around finding boots like his, The Crow alike. I always liked heavy boots instead of heels or sneakers, and he helped me finish my current outfit.

ceb62d816bd904b2737219da5c89180c.jpg

I also found pants like these, black, very provocative and bold.

bd29329798f52bb295cb430cb2cdb632.jpg

For the makeup I got inspired by Kuloe. I am not asian, can't copy his eye shape but I like the contrast eyes-lips he make. I used it at last halloween, not exactly the same. I don't like copy the entire style of anybody, always change it to fit to my preferations.

b773fd134617044d81afb89231cd26db.jpg

I am not posting pictures of me, I don't think they are needed, plus if I do it I will involve too much, for now I prefer not to :)