Jump to content
suji

キズ (Kizu) new single, "地獄" (jigoku) release

Recommended Posts

I am pretty sure at this point this band's objective is like the "xxx subs without vids" youtube channels but like "selling out budokan without a full lenght"

 

By the name of the single I am hoping its a banger, even though I was confident in their ability to make ballads after masterpieces like "Yume" and "Jyuukyuu", Kuroi Ame wasn't that great, lets see where they go with this one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, sutululu said:

lol but i remember him replying 'idk' to this in an insta post

Well, he changes his mind a lot, but I've attended to their instore events/readed their interviews and he said a couple of times he doesnt want to produce a full album again on his life 🤔 who knows, but better to don't expect.

Edited by ricchubunny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im honestly fine with the singles format with this band considering their singles usually contain 1 boring track which I can overlook for the most part.  If they had to pump out a full album at once I'd be worried more of the release would be dull.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

Hopefully this release will be a step back to when they were actually good, last single was gash. haha.

I feel like people exaggerate the last single being bad because kuroi ame was a ballad and black rain was a mistake. As far as typical good kizu tracks go 銃声 and 息のできる死骸 are right up there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sleepy coffee said:

I feel like people exaggerate the last single being bad because kuroi ame was a ballad and black rain was a mistake. As far as typical good kizu tracks go 銃声 and 息のできる死骸 are right up there. 

Indeed.

息のできる死骸 is one of their best song ! and 銃声 is really good too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2020 at 1:47 PM, sleepy coffee said:

I feel like people exaggerate the last single being bad because kuroi ame was a ballad and black rain was a mistake. As far as typical good kizu tracks go 銃声 and 息のできる死骸 are right up there. 

kuroi ame also was not even a good ballad. I listen to anything music wise, so ballads/slow songs do not mean bad for me, but kuroi ame was a bit of a bore. + I don't know if I've been misunderstanding music for sometime, but isn't the single supposed to be the main song on a single release? Meaning if you put out a video etc and promote the hell out of that one song and it doesn't hold up, that people will not even be interested enough in the single release to buy it to even hear the b-sides. "息のできる死骸" was certainly a banger! I posted somewhere in another thread that this should have been the single, I really feel if it was, "kuroi ame" would just have been brushed off like, "the single track is wicked and that b-side ballad is meh" and the single overall wouldn't have got so much flack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

kuroi ame also was not even a good ballad. I listen to anything music wise, so ballads/slow songs do not mean bad for me, but kuroi ame was a bit of a bore. + I don't know if I've been misunderstanding music for sometime, but isn't the single supposed to be the main song on a single release? Meaning if you put out a video etc and promote the hell out of that one song and it doesn't hold up, that people will not even be interested enough in the single release to buy it to even hear the b-sides. "息のできる死骸" was certainly a banger! I posted somewhere in another thread that this should have been the single, I really feel if it was, "kuroi ame" would just have been brushed off like, "the single track is wicked and that b-side ballad is meh" and the single overall wouldn't have got so much flack.

I agree people are gonna mostly rely on the main track when judging a work but I mean at the end of the day for me it's just a single track from an entire release. I do think in terms of ballads it is very average, the ballads on Steroid and Heisei were much better, but I still think the bsides on kuroi ame show the band still has talent and potential because for some reason people seem to have written them off in the past year and think they had some steep decline after 0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, sleepy coffee said:

I agree people are gonna mostly rely on the main track when judging a work but I mean at the end of the day for me it's just a single track from an entire release. I do think in terms of ballads it is very average, the ballads on Steroid and Heisei were much better, but I still think the bsides on kuroi ame show the band still has talent and potential because for some reason people seem to have written them off in the past year and think they had some steep decline after 0.

Totally agree, for me it was more, not written them off or think they've become less talented or whatever but it was just very generic compared to what is usually expected from them so me and guess a lot of other people just felt really underwhelmed by it. I did skip that release but doesn't mean I'm turning my back on them and never supporting them ever again, just hoping for them to deliver more fuel to keep that fire burning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...