Bunny

SHIN (ex-ViViD) × 将 (sho) from アリス九號. (Alice Nine) Collaboration【Velvet】

SHIN LOID has release a youtube video featuring 将 from アリス九號. to sing アリス九號.'s hit song ヴェルヴェット (Velvet)

It seems like SHIN is releasing a video collection with famous artists collaboration in his youtube channel , not sure whether he will release as audio CDs yet. 

Original content:
exViViDで現在ソロボーカリストのSHINがSHINロイドとしていろんな楽曲をカバーしていくチャンネルです! 2020年から本格的にSHINが自身のチャンネルにアーティストを招くコラボ企画をスタート! その名も 『シン・シンロイドちゃんねる』 第一弾はアリス九號のボーカル 将さん アリス九號のVelvetを2人でコラボしました。

* As much as I love Japanese culture , but this MV is one of the most uncomfortable one I have ever seen ...

A few years ago I would totally go crazy over that collaboration, lol. Still it's a nice version of this song. Doesn't beat the original, but I like it.

And yeah, MV feels really uncomfortable, lol. Like the other vocalist didn't know what to do, when the other one was singing.

2 minutes ago, ShTon said:

And yeah, MV feels really uncomfortable, lol. Like the other vocalist didn't know what to do, when the other one was singing.

Exactly , like they had to stare / pretend / acting something .... so weird , lol and Canada Goose 😒

Kind of strange, the parts where they're in harmony have one guy almost inaudible (whoever's verse it wasn't) so it doesn't do much as a duet for me lol. Maybe it's worth it just for the admittedly awkward collab video but I think I would have just preferred SHIN cover it himself - it sounded nice! This is not Shou's best rendition of the song anyway.

6 hours ago, ShTon said:

A few years ago I would totally go crazy over that collaboration, lol.

^^^

Edited by Elazmus

I've always loved Shin's voice so it's nice to hear him cover one of my all time faves. 

Shou's vibrato is so exaggerated nowadays though, what's with that? He sounds like garbage. 

Agreed on the awkwardness of the MV. At least they're not facing each other and doing the same though XD 

shin sounds literally identical to Sho's singing style from that era & Sho sounds like pure shit, but I'm glad he's not forcing that creepy ~youthful~ ~teenager~ voice from their recent re-recording collection

a9 sister acting like she's Gackt spreading his buss wide at a budokan tour final while irl standing in a record label basement is a kii

I really liked this collaboration

I don't really like old Velvet

The re-recording Velvet is better 

About the re-recording I just like Velvet

Cross Game and rainbows I prefer the original version 😟

Hmmmm it seems like they should have switched the versus better. Shou never had a really strong vibrato and shin's vibrato is strong. But it is true that Shou's vibrato sounds a  non existent in this. maybe he was trying to hard or his vocals aren't just what it used to be.

7 hours ago, Yukimoto said:

Hmmmm it seems like they should have switched the versus better. Shou never had a really strong vibrato and shin's vibrato is strong. But it is true that Shou's vibrato sounds a  non existent in this. maybe he was trying to hard or his vocals aren't just what it used to be.

Very true the way Shou normally uses vibrato in his songs is kind of forced out, like his throat/diaphragm clenched naturally I guess lol. So if you ask me this is a result of him singing a bit softer and more relaxed on purpose to better match SHIN (who sounds pretty effortless in everything) in tone at least since their technique is almost incompatible

@Elazmus totally true. When you are singing with for vibratto can come out a lot easier but when there is no force and you aren't versed in the actually technique of making vibratto then it's harder to do, similar to like Yomi of Nightmare

there was a follow-up video too and shin admits to copying one of shou's look when he first started visual kei lol. he feels very honored to be able to do this collaboration with him. their relationship now is as close to being brothers. they mention more about the collaboration and song too but i couldn't quite pick up everything. (i dont have too much of a backround on alice nine either)

Edited by plastic_rainbow

He's loved SHou from the beginning and thought he was hawt so he also cosplayed as him in his bands first pv, during the time when they barely had any money to do their activities. So now he is so honored to be able to do this collaboration with him. Shou has started his own channel too  and it looks like he shows some of his daily life like his cat and so forth. Shin plans to have some more pro artists collab with him on his private channel in the future.