Sign in to follow this  
CAT5

downy new album "第七作品集『無題』" release - 2020.03.18!!!!

【downy New Album Release in March 18th, 2020】

https://friendship.lnk.to/DuneScatterPersistenceOfVision

Our 7th album "Untitled" will be released on the coming March 18th from our new label "rhenium records".Check out our new song "Dune, Scatter. Persistence Of Vision" on streaming services now! You can listen to Yutaka Aoki's guitar playing in this track.

Also, SUNNOVA(Sampler/Synth) is joining downy from this new album.You can listen to his remix of "Dune, Scatter. Persistence Of Vision" as well!

84682093_3728985793785767_58641535691915

▼リリース情報
downy
フル・アルバム
『第七作品集『無題』』
2020.03.18 ON SALE
[rhenium records]

1. コントラポスト
2. 視界不良
3. 36.2°
4. good news
5. 角砂糖
6. ゼラニウム
7. 砂上、燃ユ。残像
8. pianoid
9. 鮮やぐ視点
10. adaptation
11. stand alone

LET'S GOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The new single is on spotify:

I fuckin love this band.

There's something about downy's music that's almost always initially difficult to wrap my ears around...but then when it finally clicks, I just end up loving it. Took about one or two listens for that to happen with this song. The remix is pretty dope too. Sad that Yutaka passed away, but I'm curious how an album without him is gonna sound like. I'm somehwat familiar with SUNNOVA...He's a hip hop producer with an experimental edge iirc, so this should be interesting!

edit: i'm not a huge fan of the of drum kit they've been using since the 6th album (i preferred the drums from 5th)...they sound a bit muffled to me, but this is honestly a VERY minor grievance.

I LOVE the way Robin's vocals are mixed here tho. Not as dry as on 6th, but not as heavily effected as on 5th.

Well, I categorically loved that. It's definitely more 'rough' sounding, but hey, it sounds like what you'd expect from an already depressing-sounding band that's now reeling from the sudden death of a bandmate and family member. Robin's vocals between 3:20-3:35 in particular hit pretty hard.

Sign in to follow this