Kerin

Words And Phrases That Fandoms Dislike 👎 (Visual Kei Edition)

I created this thread because I'm curious about how visual kei fandoms behave. Yes, I already have the idea that SOME fans can be...crazy, to say the least. But, I want to get deeper into the visual kei fandom AND know the fan club names (i.e.: The Gazette's fan club name is Heresy, DIAURA's fan club name is Gumin, etc.). If there is already a thread similar to this, feel free to send me the link there.

I guess I could start by saying, for example, comparing bands to each other will definitely open a can of worms.

So all you have to do is name a visual kei fandom and a few words and phrases associated with them that the fandom DOESN'T want to hear either because of a sad, traumatic event that happened or because of pure annoyance.

In short, offend a visual kei fandom as quickly as possible using a few words and phrases.

Edited by Kerin
Changed from hate 😤 to dislike 👎

Hating on Kisaki seems to get people heated because, unfortunately, he was involved with some great projects. 

Not sure how unpopular this is but, comparing dimlim X dir en grey. 

Does Gosan indoctrinate their fans to hate on Mathilda? I like to think so. Also if anyone knows if gosan has a fanclub, what is it called? 

What's the beef with gazette vs dir en grey? 

11 minutes ago, platy said:

What's the beef with gazette vs dir en grey? 

I think it started when The Gazette were roadies for Dir En Grey. DeG thought that The Gazette were too good to be roadies, so The Gazette was formed as an official band. I guess DeG fans used the word roadies against Heresy to serve as a reminder that without Dir En Grey, that The Gazette wouldn't even have existed.

3 minutes ago, Kerin said:

I think it started when The Gazette were roadies for Dir En Grey. DeG thought that The Gazette were too good to be roadies, so The Gazette was formed as an official band. I guess DeG fans used the word roadies against Heresy to serve as a reminder that without Dir En Grey, that The Gazette wouldn't even have existed.

Wait, the GazettE were Diru roadies? Because I remember the formation story mostly being Ruki, Uruha and Reita playing around with different musicians, most notably vocalists Tetora (who'd join Kamikaze Boyz) and Saki (who'd form Cuartet) until Ruki decided he wanted to do vocals instead of drums and so they left Saki and Kanna and joined with Aoi and Yune from Artia. Plus, I remember their early history being much more associated with Yayoi from La'Miss Fairy than anything to do with Diru. Could you perhaps elaborate more?

6 minutes ago, Kerin said:

This must be the most outlandish and fantastic fan theory I ever heard. Like aimi said according to every interview they've ever put out that I've read they pretty much were dudes in the local scene jumping from band to band and eventually the present formation sans Kai formed out of the corpses of these local bands. They were never affiliated with each other in any way since they were on totally different labels and based in a different city. All the bands that have deg associations are from the Dynamite Tommy family like Merry and Rentrer En Soi. If I'm not mistaken some Gazette members like Kai and Ruki had day jobs before making it big too, so any roadie story is just unlikely when deg was consistently touring the country from the moment of their inception and gazette dudes had barely had their first bands by the year 2000. I think the rivalry is the invention of western fans because in Japan they have nothing to do with each other

10 minutes ago, Disposable said:

This must be the most outlandish and fantastic fan theory I ever heard. Like aimi said according to every interview they've ever put out that I've read they pretty much were dudes in the local scene jumping from band to band and eventually the present formation sans Kai formed out of the corpses of these local bands. They were never affiliated with each other in any way since they were on totally different labels and based in a different city. All the bands that have deg associations are from the Dynamite Tommy family like Merry and Rentrer En Soi. If I'm not mistaken some Gazette members like Kai and Ruki had day jobs before making it big too, so any roadie story is just unlikely when deg was consistently touring the country from the moment of their inception and gazette dudes had barely had their first bands by the year 2000. I think the rivalry is the invention of western fans because in Japan they have nothing to do with each other

Plus, even if it were true, why the hell would Diru fans insult The GazettE for being former Diru roadies? Last time I checked, there wasn't any Diru and Sel'm fanwar.

If anything, it should be La'Miss Fairy fans reminding Gazetto fans that without Yayoi, the GazettE would be nothing, but La'Miss Fairy is, well, disbanded lmao

I have yet to see real, proper explanation for it, so from my understanding the Diru vs GazettE shitflinging doesn't really have a real cause, it's just the two arguably biggest vkei bands having the biggest fanbases, which regardless of medium always has it's fair share of negative sides, in this case hating on the other side just because.

Though maybe there was a real cause for it in the beginning, maybe it was just a joke that went too far.

Edited by seys

6 minutes ago, seys said:

I have yet to see real, proper explanation for it, so from my understanding the Diru vs GazettE shitflinging doesn't really have a real cause, it's just the two arguably biggest vkei bands having the biggest fanbases, which regardless of medium always has it's fair share of negative sides, in this case hating on the other side just because.

Though maybe there was a real cause for it in the beginning, maybe it was just a joke that went too far.

My guess is just western fans being western fans. But even then, I rarely see Diru fans fight with Gazetto fans, unless it's like the deathcore Diru fans that only listen to Dum Spiro Spero and think Visual Kei is for Le Gays™

But then again, I don't participate in fanwars so what do I know? lmao

I am learning a lot from this thread. Thank you all for enlightening me. I hope to learn more about the visual kei industry here. 😊

2 hours ago, seys said:

Acid black cherry had a bigger fanbase in Japan than the gazette...

AbC sold way mor cds than Gazette bsck in the day... *just saying*

But I never ever did hear of such fanbase war.

as far I know are Gazette fan mostly diru fans too.

so it makes no sense to me that there was any hate ever...

I think most of the gazette vs dir en grey was someone on each side being a troll, and a lot of the people involve (sadly myself included) at the time were very young and impressionable. I saw it mainly on deviantart of all places, and sometimes LJ but I wasn't as active on there.

I don't hear anything about the supposed war anymore other than a few troll comments on videos, but /shrug.

Cali/gali fans vs the mess that is Microhead4ns

the "oldies" vs the "newer" fans of a band (Ie the ones that prefer the bands old stuff to the new stuff and the ones who prefer the new to the old)

My Dora/Kiryu ( some prefers Kiryu's style and some prefers My Dora style)

all fandoms: MARIA CROSS!!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, platy said:

Does Gosan indoctrinate their fans to hate on Mathilda? I like to think so. Also if anyone knows if gosan has a fanclub, what is it called? 

Some time around New Years (before or after, I can't remember) didn't Qu from Mathilda tweet a list of bands he wanted to do two man lives with and included Gosan? I stopped paying attention to Mathilda, so I wonder if that was a "let's bury the hatchet" kind of suggestion or if it was meant to be trolling against Gosan again.

how are we supposed to know what visual kei stans dislike, this board is an amalgam of the cream-of-the-crop non-japanese music industry analytical expertise and been this way for a while

1 hour ago, nekkichi said:

how are we supposed to know what visual kei stans dislike, this board is an amalgam of the cream-of-the-crop non-japanese music industry analytical expertise and been this way for a while

Based on gya twitter, they currently don’t like western fans showing up in Ikebukuro and telling everyone they’re “half” when they’re 75% French Canadian, 25% Irish 

3 hours ago, saishuu said:

huh? there's beef between cali=gari and mh4s??

well not officially... I just hate that someone from a good band joined a terrible band :(

18 minutes ago, anadentone said:

well not officially... I just hate that someone from a good band joined a terrible band :(

i think you mean d'espairsray???