sutululu

Is it just me or we are getting new bands more rarely?

Good question, I wonder if anyone has some statistics for new band announcements (on this site anyway) by the year. I still have at least a few songs floating around my library each month which I have to remind myself the origin of because it's a new band of  nobodies with no official releases yet.

If we ARE getting fewer new band announcements though... yeah, not due to quality control lol... 

i think there's been a decrease, compared to like early-mid 2010s when it seemed like they were constant. which is quite unusual because the rise of social media has caused a boom in most genres, easier distribution etc. in fact most genres now have the problem of there being *too much* music, it's hard to know what's good if you don't have infinite time to sift through all the random copycat shit. but i guess visual kei isn't fully onto the whole streaming wave yet

Edited by Ruri

It's either that we're getting less newer bands or people in the overseas scene are simply digging less deeply & not reporting on every single session band / new band that forms and disbands a week later anymore

I don't know, I think there's still a crazy high amount of bands forming constantly. At least I've always felt it kinda overwhelming, lol.

I mean if you check the first few pages of the News subforum there are like a dozen newly formed bands within the past 3-4 months.

37 minutes ago, ShTon said:

Are we getting less new bands? I don't think so.

More like most of time if there's a news of a new band forming, that's all we'll ever know about them until someone does some digging to find out they disbanded few months later.

that's literally what it is half the time, and then some people wanna have a subforum for these new bands cuz they're supposedly clogging up the news forum...

I think we've been getting pretty much the same amount - there just haven't been very many recently with members that overseas fans have actually heard of, so I think there's just not as much of that hype going around on all the VK blogs, sites, etc.

There's one guy making these top PV videos on youtube on a monthly basis and when you get through one of them you'll think "I never heard of any of these fucking bands" and they sometimes actually look like they got money behind them as well. 

fantastic resource to see what's going on the scene as long as you know what you're getting into. of course most of the bands sound "generic" because the amount of bands is absurdly high and that's how this music always sounds like anyway with slight variations. 

Hmmm...I haven't heard of most of these bands and a lot of them have been around for a few years XD  Going to check out CHOKE.,  DE/CLIO, GLIM GARDO, shuuen no rasetsu isn't so bad for generic...the song had some fun parts to it...didn't realize KRA was still around. I miss the 2000s...