Tanishi

DIMLIM - MISC. [Discussion Thread]

DIMLIM - MISC.  

93 members have voted

1. 1. What were your favorite songs from the album?

• We’ve changed.now it’s your turn next
    • MIST
    • 真夜中に私を連れ出して
    • Funny world
    • What's up ?
    • +&−
    • For the future
    • Tick Tak
    • 気付かない者たちへ
    • Before it's too late
    • out of the darkness
    • Lament
  2. 2. How many stars would you rate this album out of 5?

• ★★★★★ - "MASTER CLASS ROCK MUSIC"
    • ★★★★ - "Great!"
    • ★★★ - "Decent"
    • ★★ - "Underwhelming"
    • ★ - "nah, take this shit back bruh."

i agree about Tick Tak. i really enjoyed that one. i don’t miss the growls at all tbh, just the vk aesthetics. whatever, it’s still solid regardless. the experimentation is nice and refreshing. i enjoyed the play-through.

honestly, I did not bother to catch up on this thread and ignored most of the posts..and I don't know what I was expecting from this Album, but this is not it hun.

I'm only on the 5th track but I hate everything so far. Also I like how they're trying to make a statement with the title of the first track. Still need to listen to the rest, but I don't see myself "changing."

The second half of the album waaaaay outshines the first half IMO (with the exception of Before it's too late, which just feels like the obligatory tacked-on ''WE'RE STILL HEAVY GUYS'' tune). Tick tak and out of the darkness are probably my 2 fave tracks so far. First half suffers too much from a combination of ''I wouldn't really be able to tell these songs apart if you played 'em for me randomly'' and anisong-syndrome.

Overall, I feel like I'd appreciate this album a lot more if it had been released out of the blue by some total newcomer band. Taken completely as its own thing it's definitely not garbage all the way through & I do welcome the new genre influences  for bringing in some stuff that isn't very common in the VK-adjacent scene, I just feel like  it doesn't quite cut it when you match it up against the highest highs of CHEDOARA and Rijin in my opinion. Sho has some of the best and most versatile vocals out there among the newer bands and I can't help but feel like his abilities are severely being underutilized here w/ this type of stuff, the wildest it gets is some whisper-singing and sorta half-yelling. Dude deserves his own sukekiyo-type project to go wild at this point lol

18 minutes ago, Tokage said:

Dude deserves his own sukekiyo-type project to go wild at this point lol

wow vk needs this.

I'm having a good time listening to MISC. Music's alright, vocals as usual are great. 

What's up?

They 've changed for sure. I like their new groove out of the darkness, but a lot to lament too.

Not goint to try to fool anyone, It's a +&- album.

Hope their new direction can take me out in the midnight when the mist clears away.

Maybe it's better for the future or they can try new things again before it's too late.

Tick tak, funny world.

54 minutes ago, Tokage said:

Dude deserves his own sukekiyo-type project to go wild at this point lol

I'm afraid the best we can expect from her from now is a guest feature on cazclown brvtal-kei orchestra EP, however Ratsu still has enough time to reconsider his priorities and swing back into heavy stuff.

All these "electronic effects" are so extremly cringy and out of place / randomly thrown in like "i want to have these effects cause im so different now", I cant nearly listen to the song and feel constantly I want to skip to the next song.

Also MIST might be the worst album opener I heard in a long time.

What a waste of talent.

I honestly wanted to like this album but the outcome made it impossible for me.
Misc is one messy beast and a really unsettling listening experience. The whole thing sounds as confusing and random as Retsu's social media slapping over the last weeks. I really don't know who they (he) want to aim with this sound.

Some of you also stated the electronic samples. Yeah, cringy is the perfect description for them. Especially the SEs are freaking annoying.
Three quarters of the album sound the same (Which isn't always something bad as CHEDOARA had a stringent structure, too) and songs like MIST or Funny World are kinda bland and forgettable. I rather not start talking about fucking Lament.. 
What's up? for me is the only highlight followed by before it's too late and Tick Tak.

This state of the band really is a waste of talent and I hope that Sho will leave this sinking ship soon and joins a banging VK combo again. He is too talented for draining in a J-Pop band.

I'm curious of how well this album will be embraced and if they will gain new fans with their new sound. But it is with a tearing eye that one of my (our) VK hopes left the arena and will definitely not come back. 

I’m left wondering why they think it’s a good idea to tour overseas behind THIS. And are they going to slap songs like Shigarami and Mad K between all this noodle jangle? How disjointed is that setlist going to be?

i have a feeling they're only gonna only play stuff off MISC tbh. maybe throw in rijin as an encore or something to throw the fans a bone & that's it

Overall I still enjoy the album but itll definitely be my least favorite Retsu era dimlim release so far. Kind of having the same feelings as others where I feel like it doesnt really pick up until what's up. Also speaking of what's up idk that still feels like the most standout and unique song on the album and I wish the rest of the album sounded closer to that. Still happy to support the bois and like I said I still do like the album, but knowing the talent in the band they can definitely do better.

17 minutes ago, sleepy coffee said:

Also speaking of what's up idk that still feels like the most standout and unique song on the album 

And even then it's just a rehash of Rijin/Vanitas 😕

3 hours ago, Tokage said:

The second half of the album waaaaay outshines the first half IMO 

Interestingly enough I felt this way with CHE DO A RA too (except for aizounitsuki which is brilliant) 

Im gonna listen to MISC. when I’m actually awake enough to process it 😂

19 minutes ago, nullmoon said:

And even then it's just a rehash of Rijin/Vanitas 😕

The entire album is. What’s Up is the only one that stands out because of the math rock elements. 

I don't know, it sucks. People are right saying that What's Up is just a rehash of Vanitas and Rijin that just wanks more, and for the rest I just... couldn't get interested in. The first track after the SE is fucking terrible and Funny World is trash as well. It has its moments a few times but I can't get into them in this context. It's a thumbs down from me. 

Sho's vocals (and katsuya's mixing?) is the thing that's making me stick with their releases.

Also the ticking part of out of the darkness reminds me of the sound of starting a kitchen stove unsuccessfully

So I just finished listening to the album and it's fairly decent, nothing strikes me as amazing in this album, it's just decent. The tracks 'Tick Tak' and 'out of the darkness' were high points for me, also track 3 (can't remember the title) impressed me. I don't think there was a track that I disliked, sure some could have been better, and their lack of a bassist is so, so apparent in some songs, the song 'Lament' feels somewhat empty because the bass is barely audible, then in some tracks you could hear the bass but it just didn't sound authentic, I reckon if there was the use of an actual bass on these songs it would have made a difference. I found the SE '+&-' to be utterly pointless, they could've just let 'What's up?' flow in to 'For the future'. Finally a little side note, 'Do' from Kidoairaku would've fit well in his album imo

Overall I'm okay with the change in direction, I'd still go see DIMLIM live if I got the opportunity, I just hope they find a way to merge this sound with the sounds of CHE DO A RA, as I think they're better at making metal than this kind of stuff. I'm gonna give the album a few listens throughout the week and see if my opinions change on the songs though