platy

Which visual kei trope would you ban?

37 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Also make sure your band name is easy to Google. Don’t make it one letter or a super common word like “Sugar”

I don't know what's worse. 'A' or 'More' 

48 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Also make sure your band name is easy to Google. Don’t make it one letter or a super common word like “Sugar”

This is too true and it sucks because Sugar were awesome. If only they had a more distinctive name, they might have got more recognition. :(

1 hour ago, Saishu said:

On this matter I would like to congratulate Gravity for making a point of being acknowledged as グラビティ↗↗楽しさ♪FULLVOLTAAAGE. I think they took this very seriously and I appreciate the effort. 

1.) Live limited release.

It is archaic and need to be left behind in the age of streaming. Elitism won’t work these days. Sorryboutit. 

2.) band name using all kinds of symbols and/or numbers that is not easy to pronounce.

For obvious reason.

Personal thing that annoys me, not all bands do this but, fucking A/B/C/D types oh my fucking god. Please just release everything on a "master cd" too because only obsessed bangyas or rich fans (aka not me and most of my VK friends) buy all cd types. I already think I'm stupid for having bought two types of one cd a little while ago because I just wanted to see the making-of, which was a little dissapointing ngl.

Besides I too think that the whole secretive part to VK is kinda stupid, there's nothing wrong about age, sexuality nor relationships. Seriously, in the west celebrities who are in a relationship get labelled as "goals" by their fans, but eastern celebrities like VK-artists and idols too get sooooo much hate for it??? I still really hate the Kiryu bangyas for having sent all those emails to Takemasa last year telling him to kill himself after they found out he was married.

Also the YouTuber thing that's kinda happening to some bands, it's kinda fun, but only for the Japanese fans. I can barely follow any video because I just don't understand. Some video's can be funny if the video is obvious in what's happening like changing instruments or smth, but when they're just talking or eating, it's just... "Okay so do I just listen or what am I supposed to do?". I haven't seen many video's that actually have English subtitles, only a few, and a few on blogs with fan-made translations. Even then it's still kinda boring if you keep having to look away from the video to read the text on the blog.

22 hours ago, Bunny-Usagii said:

Besides I too think that the whole secretive part to VK is kinda stupid,

dove they're literally protecting themselves from getting gutted by a stray gya with a paper knife,

western celebs can afford bodyguards x

Edited by nekkichi

- Cringe bands who know they are bad but actually preform anyway.

- Retard band names matched with Symbolzzzz

- Ω@∞x∋;/…。☆∀≠◇ɔ́ æ̀ Λë √ФΣ ~²★μβ¢$†

- Limited lives

- Creating type releases without the songs onto a album release later on. 

- Forming a band and 1-3 months later disbanding 

Then again this is the reality of vkei i can live with this lol 😅

Just remembered conditional disbanding was a thing some time ago but I don't see it much anymore. Can we consider it already banned then?

I'm also adding to the list that one member that goes missing instead quitting the band like a decent person.

Because I'm still bitter about what happened to Yusai.

Edited by ShTon

On 1/31/2020 at 9:37 PM, ShTon said:

Just remembered conditional disbanding was a thing some time ago but I don't see it much anymore. Can we consider it already banned then?

i haven't seen one of these in a while, thank god

VERTICAL, SQUARE band photos. 

Well they are cool, but please also have a HORIZON photo to use for "event flyers", that makes designers very happy. 

A complicated logo.

Logo's are cool, however to be able to read the band name if the logo size is small, is also nice.  and one or 2 color logo is also fancy enough. 

I also dislike those "metal band" logos where it's difficult or impossible to read the band name whenever the logo is in big or small size.  

can't believe i forgot this one but

bands disbanding and then reforming to a "totally different band" a month later with the exact same members (or minus one, but still)

like literally no other country other than japan does this and it's dumb as hell