Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Yukami

DISREIGN new single "HOAX" release

Recommended Posts

Wow I don't like this... I'm a big DISREIGN fan but I've never had such a bad impression of them before. I think it all crashed when Valentin left the band

 

I hope they prove me wrong though

Edited by Fyrnia4Maya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://youtu.be/fmXiwFQ4LPs

 

The song came out and since nobody cares about DISREIGN I feel the freedom to post my opinion, since it's still a much better song than what I expected

 

The production is much better than the last single which was just generic, the guitars especially sound very good and it gives me faith in Jonil, the new guitarrist. I don't know if it's his skill or the composition but he is still light years away from Valentin (mustache guy) who also gave the band alot of personality, but still he gave back some of the soul that was missing without Valentin. 

 

Speaking of composition it's soo boring, the chorus is the best part because it's catchy but still sounds like it's disconnected from the rest of the song, it's probably the most boring DISREIGN song to date in that regard, it's just boring and weirdly uneventful, coming from the band that made within the void and karehasu this is really sad :( I mean it still feels eventful, but more a party in a friend's house and less the apocalypse 

 

Yohio kills it as always, his singing is extremely good and he shows a respect for visual Japanese music that I wasn't expecting; he specifically changes his singing style just to fit into that role instead of just singing in Japanese, I really appreciate that, really skilled vocalist

 

His screams I think are awful, much much worse than early DISREIGN, I think he is too worried about taking care of his throat which is good but makes it lack emotion. They should have distorted the shit out of him producing the song since he barely screams live anyway, just to at least make it seem less like he screams for the sake of it instead of him REALLY needing to scream from the inside. Before the atmosphere allowed for such screams because it was dark and expressive in itself, but this song isn't 

 

Overall it's much better than what I expected, I thought DISREIGN was dead and it was just going to be metal Yohio (I don't like Yohio but I like disreign I don't know why) but at least it fits in with the other releases, even if the atmosphere is remarkably different

 

That synth drives me nuts though, it sounds like it's been made bad on purpose for atmosphere but then used it as a melody 

 

I can't speak about the lyrics but they scare me. I'm of the opinion that Yohio makes really good lyrics for disreign (if a bit hypocritical) but the lyrics of awoken by silence, their other proyect, are some of the worst I have heard (even if they aren't bad overall) so the title HOAX makes me worried it's just Yohio complaining he has never done anything wrong and we are all idiots unfaithful to him, but the English line (I know what I saw!) interests me, because it's like Yohio saw the truth of something and no one believes him, not in a messiah kind of way but in a "I'm not insane, this thing is very bad" way, the line implies that he is speaking from weakness and vulnerability, and if that's the case that's always a brave thing to do. Yohio is hit-or-miss with lyrics for sure, if anyone knows Japanese and understands the song I would appreciate if you told me what its about

 

That's it, tias (drummer) is really pretty too, but even then, they were close to hitting a good atmosphere for me but again for me they don't really catch the imagination

Edited by Fyrnia4Maya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yikes less than 300 views in a day lmaaoooo fucking rip yohio 

 

I can't believe how this dude can't dedicate himself to any project he starts. He can obviously rip off gazette musically, sing and scream very well and design merch for himself and what have you. And despite all that, he doesn't commit to a consistent release schedule, he doesn't stick with any project he starts ( remember the girl band? remember awoken by silence? remember this oskar he was hyping on his label? actually remember his label in general? or his podcast for that matter ) By the time a nobody vk band like Jigsaw or something has put out release after release while struggling to stay alive in cut-your-hair-or-die no welfare Japan, this dude has only flexed to an ever-dwindling number of people on twitter in an attempt to become a motivational speaker or something. He's accomplished astoundingly little after the second solo album came out and it's been years. He's obviously from a rich family and definitely hasn't worked a day in his life because his malnourished manlet child-body looks like wouldn't survive a day in the cold, so why the fuck can't he get anything done when he has all the time in the world to sit on his ass and play video games? I loved second and third DISREIGN pvs so I'm just blown away how someone can be almost legit for one minute and a total flop for the remaining 59. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Disposable said:

yikes less than 300 views in a day lmaaoooo fucking rip yohio 

 

I can't believe how this dude can't dedicate himself to any project he starts. He can obviously rip off gazette musically, sing and scream very well and design merch for himself and what have you. And despite all that, he doesn't commit to a consistent release schedule, he doesn't stick with any project he starts ( remember the girl band? remember awoken by silence? remember this oskar he was hyping on his label? actually remember his label in general? or his podcast for that matter ) By the time a nobody vk band like Jigsaw or something has put out release after release while struggling to stay alive in cut-your-hair-or-die no welfare Japan, this dude has only flexed to an ever-dwindling number of people on twitter in an attempt to become a motivational speaker or something. He's accomplished astoundingly little after the second solo album came out and it's been years. He's obviously from a rich family and definitely hasn't worked a day in his life because his malnourished manlet child-body looks like wouldn't survive a day in the cold, so why the fuck can't he get anything done when he has all the time in the world to sit on his ass and play video games? I loved second and third DISREIGN pvs so I'm just blown away how someone can be almost legit for one minute and a total flop for the remaining 59. 

We have no way of knowing if he was from a rich family even if his father was a musician with a label. I agree he lost interest too quick on too many things, but it's unfair to say he doesn't work hard without enough information, he's been doing this since he was a child and I can tell you right now this is hard work for a child, at least it would be impossible for children like me

 

I'm not defending yohio as a person, but what you said it's just like saying "man being royalty is so perfect! You do nothing and get servants, food, a castle... Why wouldn't you want to be royalty?" being a musician is hard, running a small label is hard, managing bands is hard, doing it all at once is harder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Fyrnia4Maya said:

We have no way of knowing if he was from a rich family even if his father was a musician with a label.

everyone in scandinavia knows each other first or second hand, there's like only three bars and one club here. also 90% of weeb rock stars never left their dad's and government's payroll if they didn't find someone else to scam and stuck around the house playing pokemon and eating chips. 

 

I can't with his "yo success hours woke up at 5am achieve your dreams m8" when literally anyone who works a morning shift has to get up at that time, or earlier. I think he's moderately talented provided that he actually wrote the two good Disreign songs himself,  but woefully incapable of managing his affairs and I have no clue why that is. Maybe he should wake up at 3am instead or forgo sleep altogether and maybe then he'd managed to release a mini in half a decade, or at least a new episode of the podcast that sanjay and rajesh at the bot factory love listening to.  

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Fyrnia4Maya said:

We have no way of knowing if he was from a rich family even if his father was a musician with a label. I agree he lost interest too quick on too many things, but it's unfair to say he doesn't work hard without enough information,

if you don't see 『privilege』 written all over Yohimbe sisT you'll get that reality check sooner or later, anyway you can explain the value of hard work and dedication to actual vk musicians who never get signed by major labels with zero music releases and venue bookings to their name x

13 hours ago, Fyrnia4Maya said:

he's been doing this since he was a child and I can tell you right now this is hard work for a child, at least it would be impossible for children like me

nice self-insert, but most creatives figure out what they want to do artistically pretty early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nekkichi said:

if you don't see 『privilege』 written all over Yohimbe sisT you'll get that reality check sooner or later, anyway you can explain the value of hard work and dedication to actual vk musicians who never get signed by major labels with zero music releases and venue bookings to their name x

nice self-insert, but most creatives figure out what they want to do artistically pretty early.

I guess that's true about the label thing but it doesn't mean that it isn't hard, it just means that he got the chance to do it, being easier doesn't mean it isn't difficult. And why shouId I read P R I V I L E G E all over, because he has daddy connections? Because he looks fragile? That's really superficial, you still don't know how much he works and if your father was a musician too, I'm sure you would find it unfair to be judged by that alone. Again I agree some have it harder than him, but all I see is prejudice honestly 

 

Also self insert???? What's that about? I just don't have the freedom to speak for anyone but myself about how much effort one can endure, I don't know if you or my neighbor could do it, I couldn't and that's that, that's my point of view

Edited by Fyrnia4Maya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the new song, like everything in Disreign’s Discography. Great Band, great musicians and for me one of the best bands in the "western" vk-scene.

I don’t care for all the drama surrounding yohio, and i it’s difficult for him or not. i like the output of this band and i hope to hear more from them soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...