Sign in to follow this  
CAT5

Favorite Band/Artist Promo Pics!

What are some of your favorite Band/Artist promotional pictures?

At one point in my life, I'd damn near made a career out of sharing and uploading music (in addition to uploading artist photos to last.fm), so I basically have a lot of artist pics and album art saved that I just never got rid of. Here are a few of my favorites!

THE NOVEMBERS

61zzWRi.jpg

i think i like this pic so much because it reminds me of when THE NOVEMBERS dropped "zeitgeist" and just blew all of our damn minds! Plus Kobayashi is just oozing a kind of dark, cool confidence here...it's like from this point he became an entirely new person...miles away from the average bowl-cut indie rocker he started as, haha.

9GOATS BLACK OUT

ccFZSR1.jpg

Even tho I never got super deep into their music, these guys were CLASS and their aesthetics were always on point!!

D'espairsRay

uOlxwRC.jpg 

One of my fav. Despa pics. I was with the mallgoff shitz, ahaha

downy

AiFAzJw.png

I love this pic because it speaks to their dark, sophisticated sound, but I also love it simply for the fact they actually bothered to take some nice promo pics for once in their career! :lol:

J.A.M

wzX4psA.jpg

Probably not the kind of pic you'd expect from a Jazz band!

コトリンゴ (Kotoringo)

nRwbhss.png

Suuuper pretty pic, that's as pretty as the music she makes!

赤い公園 (Akai Ko-en)

8eBlZNS.png

Chiaki lookin all tall and sexy   It's hard to go wrong with nature-dense photos, but I loove the colors here!

EGO-WRAPPIN'

E4UvDgn.png

There's a lot going on here, but this pic fit their sound so well for the time. It kinda has a cartoony/animated vibe to it.

TK from 凛として時雨 (ling tosite sigure)

z8GGSgs.png

Simple, but effective.

トクマルシューゴ (Shugo Tokumaru)

ERKpGYk.jpg

青葉市子 (Ichiko Aoba)

OkWlU4i.jpg

That's all for now! What are some of your favs??? :3

I tend to like promo pics that are a bit silly.

This is from around when Hysteric Panic released "Cinderella Syndrome", I think.

Daksb-AJVQAAl-BNk.jpg

Takeshi Ueda around the release of AA='s "#5". I just realized the crown is made of copper wire, which makes it even better.
resize-imagegfdgf.jpg

MO'SOME TONEBENDER for "Baseball Bat Tenderness"

2014-11-8-MOSOME-TONEBENDER.jpg

Edited by violetchain

love the two photos posted for 9gbo too! i went through my folder and dug out some favorites. unfortunately i didn't save everything, it's hard to find good quality pics of some of them now....

79c07b9957dd4389846cb41b1fdbbaca.webp#79

i think this is mostly the cover for their ep What is "Plastic Tree", but what the hey i love it. probably one of their most iconic photos. wish i could find it in better quality....

nDptHa6.jpg

my favorite when i first got into them. the flowers add such a nice touch.

eV7WgX3.jpg

sou just looks too adorable here and i love his scarf ;u;

Yr5TRKy.jpg

SCISSOR did the spooky theme so much better than Candy Spooky Theater music wise imho, and they got peculiar looks that wasn't just halloween-y

340?cb=20090831193211

Guniw Tools have a number of weird photos but i love the composition in this one

hrehxik.jpg

so simple but very iconic at the time, i would say

i'm noticing that most people are posting older photos so here's a few from more recent bands

qRXcfTP.jpg

Z10X4Ye.jpg

a real hard pick from the two, i had them both as my desktop wallpaper

tS79qPI.jpg

8bPWcYr.jpg

FK63rTx.jpg

a bit too much editing on this one but still a great photo

aXCp5sa.jpg

and one non-vk, from THE TEENAGE KISSERS

feel like i spammed a bit too much here, haha. might post more later~

Sign in to follow this