Sign in to follow this  
Kerin

Introduction + How I Found My Way To Visual Kei Again 🎸

Hello everyone! ❤

I'm Kerin, a 21 year-old female. My interests are visual kei, K-pop, and idol anime. I've been lurking here for a few days before creating an account and making a post here.

Let's go!

I started listening to visual kei around late December 2013 - early January 2014. The first visual kei band I heard was Alice Nine with their song BLUE FLAME. Next was DIAURA with their song Lost November, and suddenly I fell into the visual kei hole. Other bands I've listened to were DIV, Arlequin, NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST, etc. While I was in the midst of discovering visual kei, I've also found K-pop but decided to listen to the genre casually. I probably - no, definitely - failed at that because my old playlist transformed from post-2010 metalcore to current pop sensations, seeing how much K-pop had taken over my life. 

For some reason in late 2017, I decided to delve into stan culture. So, I scrolled through my old playlist and clicked on a random video. Turns out I discovered BTS with songs like War of Hormone and Boy In Luv from that old playlist. Who knew that underground nugu K-pop group would make it big and break records in the United States? Not me, that's for sure!

After the BTS boom for a couple of months to an entire year, I decided to look into another group I could stan and that was EXO - a veteran group whose fandom were ARMY's rivals.  The first songs I've listened to from EXO were Overdose and Growl (Those songs were in my old playlist too.), but I didn't delve in until listening to Monster and Call Me Baby. Following EXO, I stanned SNSD and TWICE.

So if K-pop took over my playlist, then how did I manage to find my way back to visual kei?

By pure nostalgia. 

My brain suddenly started playing DIAURA in my head, and that's when I discovered FINALE. Upon seeing the song title, I thought that they were actually disbanding and that I was a terrible fan for not knowing about it. Fortunately, that wasn't the case.

I guess you could say I'm stanning visual kei instead of just casually listening to it nowadays. If you have any new groups that could possibly pique my interest or any news pertaining to past groups I've listened to, then feel free to let me know and we'll start chatting! 😊

Edited by Kerin

2 minutes ago, IGM_Oficial said:

What is "visual lei"

Whoops! That was probably autocorrect. Sorry....😅😅😅😅😅

The good thing about Visual Kei is that it is always around. A little different now and then, ever changing but never losing the glamour.

Arlequin is still rocking a lot btw. Love these guys.

1 hour ago, Saga said:

The good thing about Visual Kei is that it is always around. A little different now and then, ever changing but never losing the glamour.

Arlequin is still rocking a lot btw. Love these guys.

Thank goodness Visual Kei is still around nowadays. Even though DIV has unfortunately disbanded, at least Alice Nine, DIAURA, and Arlequin are still standing. 😔🎸

However, I'm not entirely sure what happened to NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST... 🤔

Edited by Kerin

4 hours ago, Kerin said:

Thank goodness Visual Kei is still around nowadays. Even though DIV has unfortunately disbanded, at least Alice Nine, DIAURA, and Arlequin are still standing. 😔🎸

However, I'm not entirely sure what happened to NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST... 🤔

DIV members formed Acme and they've been touring the US last I heard! Nocturnal Bloodlust on the other hand are dealing with a lot of shit right now as they lost 2 guitarists, and the new one they recruited (who's only been there for 5 minutes) got arrested for weed and kicked out of the band xD

Anyway, welcome to MH and welcome back to visual kei! Hope you find some more bands that you'll enjoy! ♥ Feel free to contact me or any other staff with blue/red/green names if you have any problems or suggestions!

40 minutes ago, suji said:

DIV members formed Acme and they've been touring the US last I heard! Nocturnal Bloodlust on the other hand are dealing with a lot of shit right now as they lost 2 guitarists, and the new one they recruited (who's only been there for 5 minutes) got arrested for weed and kicked out of the band xD

Anyway, welcome to MH and welcome back to visual kei! Hope you find some more bands that you'll enjoy! ♥ Feel free to contact me or any other staff with blue/red/green names if you have any problems or suggestions!

Alrighty then! I'll try to listen to ACME and see if the band's my style. Congrats for their U.S. debut tour! 😚👍

And dang, it's crazy what NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST is currently going through....Those two guitarists, along with the vocalist, made the band for me.... 😭😭😭

For the new guitarist they recruited, I'm just cracking up! How do you get recruited into the band for five minutes, get arrested, AND kicked out of the same band you were just recruited into because of some weed? Golly! 😂🤣

Thank you for welcoming me to MH! I'll look into some more bands for the new year and participate in the forum often. 😄💖

Edited by Kerin

Hey, welcome there!

For what it's worth I enjoy k-pop such as BTS (kinda...? Somewhat? uh) and Nocturnal Bloodlust as well so, guess I can second that ACME recommendation! Also, are you with the idol mobage crowd or just idol anime? Either way, please do throw your best idol anime rec! (I'm getting into idol mobage hell again after years of being out of it and recs are always great, lol.)

4 hours ago, Chell said:

Hey, welcome there!

For what it's worth I enjoy k-pop such as BTS (kinda...? Somewhat? uh) and Nocturnal Bloodlust as well so, guess I can second that ACME recommendation! Also, are you with the idol mobage crowd or just idol anime? Either way, please do throw your best idol anime rec! (I'm getting into idol mobage hell again after years of being out of it and recs are always great, lol.)

I'm just interested in idol anime. I tried a few mobage games, but gotten tired of grinding. 😔

My best idol/music anime recommendations are:

- 💖 Love Live! School Idol Project AND Sunshine 💖

- 🎆 The original iDOLMASTER AND Cinderella Girls 🎆

- 🎸 Bang Dream 🎸

- 💚 Wake Up, Girls! 💚

- ❄ Pretty Rhythm ❄

- 🌈 The original Aikatsu AND Aikatsu Stars 🌈

- 🌠 Revue Starlight 🌠

- 👑 Uta no Prince Sama 👑

- 🌌 Ensemble Stars 🌌

- 💙 IDOLISH7 💙

- 💜 B-PROJECT 💜

- Tsukiuta

Edited by Kerin

4 hours ago, Kerin said:

I'm just interested in idol anime. I tried a few mobage games, but gotten tired of grinding. 😔

My best idol/music anime recommendations are:

- 💖 Love Live! School Idol Project AND Sunshine 💖

- 🎆 The original iDOLMASTER AND Cinderella Girls 🎆

- 🎸 Bang Dream 🎸

- 💚 Wake Up, Girls! 💚

- ❄ Pretty Rhythm ❄

- 🌈 The original Aikatsu AND Aikatsu Stars 🌈

- 🌠 Revue Starlight 🌠

- 👑 Uta no Prince Sama 👑

- 🌌 Ensemble Stars 🌌

- 💙 IDOLISH7 💙

- 💜 B-PROJECT 💜

- Tsukiuta

Oh! I had no idea Revue Starlight was an idol franchise. I was interested because Takarazuka. Thanks for rec! 

Sign in to follow this