VkBrutaliaN

NAZARE 1st full album NEMOPHILA release + ONEMAN live tour

7 minutes ago, sleepy coffee said:

Tbh agreed even as someone who just typically goes for the heavier and more brutal stuff I actually still think misc is better than this 

I was all for the brutality until DIMLIM flipped the switch and evolved and Sho began to show his singing chops. Honestly, Misc. maybe be album of the year and have no real contender.

23 minutes ago, GuancheVK said:

Your opinion is respectable ... but after many listening it seems to me a masterpiece. It sounds like pure Nazare.

For me, Nazare is a much better band than DIMLIM currently. Greetings

It is pure NAZARE, but it's their signature sound for better or worse. Don't get me wrong I love the pillows and can always fuck with some Asian Kung Fu Generation and those bands have a signature sound that they stick with and it works for them. Mio is young and has plenty of time to find his own style, but right now he's lumped in with every other brutal band and there's plenty in vk. Also, get the hell out of Issei's apartment and record in an actual studio. 🙄

I don't think the album is mixed as bad as some others say, still sounds better than the average newbie brutal vk band (i'm pointing at you, dexcore). Even if it doesn't bring many new things to the table i find NEMOPHILA to be super enjoyable! aside from the singles, i liked A LOT Saigo no uta and Asobi. To be their "1st" Full length it's a pretty solid release and they have so much room to keep growing. 

PS: Issei can clean-sing pretty well wtf

3 hours ago, sleepy coffee said:

Tbh agreed even as someone who just typically goes for the heavier and more brutal stuff I actually still think misc is better than this 

I wholeheartedly agree. Every song pretty much sounds the same.

I'm listening to it now and find it very enjoyable, although they are one of my favorite bands. For whatever reason I just really love the sound/atmosphere of their music the only other band that sounds similar (at least to me) is early DIMLIM, which I also love, but I feel like Nazare took early DIMLIM's sound and altered it in a way I actually enjoy more. I dunno I just really love the electronic and disjointed sound they have.

On 5/8/2020 at 9:49 AM, nekkichi said:

they are basically already morphing into late sadie while having no really well produced releases to their name and this sounds like a bunch of random demos and electronic sounds stacked on top of each other with ugly ghoul layering his wheezy vocal warmups on top

between current over-produced mess that are kizu etc and this bedroom record session mediocrity this is somehow worse because of like zero likeable things about their composition, their range, their incoherent and amateurish looks

Agree with you. You can really feel they produce everything in their bedroom ^^

But I feel like sometimes they can have a flash..  The song I really like is " unknown ". It's very catchy, well written and mio doesn't do crazy things he canno't do with his voice. He stays in his range

Edited by Kirito

On 5/8/2020 at 11:56 PM, secret_no_03 said:

Some thoughts after my first full listen to both discs.

-It's more of the same.

-if you like their other stuff you'll enjoy this.

-It's a bit longer than it needs to be.

-The guitar starts getting so repetitive it starts to get annoying.

-Yoh should be nowhere near a mic.

-Uta's voice is suited for an Alt Rock band.

-Issei can sing/scream/growl, etc. 🤯.

Overall, DIMLIM have nothing to worry about, even without a bassist.

Id say they refined their sound quite a bit, I can feel the band growing its identity, structuring themselves and taking songwriting a little further, so many things NAZARE has never tried before are done here and with a bit more elegance I guess? You won't hear a breakdown like nemophilas in many bands including NAZARE THEMSELVES pre-this

Say trauma for example, it's Junan 2 basically, but has more to it, it's the same but going further

11 hours ago, Fyrnia4Maya said:

You won't hear a breakdown like nemophilas in many bands including NAZARE THEMSELVES pre-this

I don't know if I agree with this statement. The "near-silent" breakdown has existed for a while and most recently dexcore. has done it in a couple songs, especially in their latest single, Dragout.

53 minutes ago, Saishu said:

They have everything to worry about from a business standpoint. 

I’m sure they’re not going to go the next 7 months without releasing music. This new store they’ve started should be a pretty good supplement if they’re not releasing much and I’m pretty sure they’ll do shows again soon. Even the Japanese economy can’t withstand the state of emergency into the fall.

On 5/9/2020 at 10:15 AM, MorteSilenz said:

I'm listening to it now and find it very enjoyable, although they are one of my favorite bands. For whatever reason I just really love the sound/atmosphere of their music the only other band that sounds similar (at least to me) is early DIMLIM, which I also love, but I feel like Nazare took early DIMLIM's sound and altered it in a way I actually enjoy more. I dunno I just really love the electronic and disjointed sound they have.

Yep! This is one thing I like about NAZARE, as in a lot of songs I can still hear that early DIMLIM sound and tbh VARIOUS is to this day my favourite release(s) to date from them, I'm all for that madness so am glad that Issei is still rolling and doing his thing. Though I honestly think they would sound a lot better if they stuck with 7 string guitars instead of 8, playing too much on that low string just gives quite a muddy sound that would have much more clarity on the 7th, in my opinion. VARIOUS didn't have that muddy sound and everything was much more audible guitar wise. Only thing that grates me about NAZARE's sound guitar wise is the over use of sweep widdling, kind of gets a bit tedious like Retsu and his tapping obsession. haha.

I am very late to the party but since i listened to this album yesterday for the first time (2 times as of now) i wanna give my brief opinion as well.

Imo definitely still album of the year contender. The Only band they need to worry about is DEXCORE with their 1st full length. 

I only can say what an AMAZING album. Lots of variety and i think the rerecorded vocals for their 2 previously released singles are at least as good as the originals - really couldn't choose which version i like more.

But i don't see where the guitars sound repetetive... You get a lot variety here.

From the songs where the other members overtake vocals i have to say their guitarist was pretty nice and Issei definitely wins the cake. He sounds quite raw at some parts but he could easily also switch to full vocalist at any time with his current potential. Uta definitely tried but compared to their other members i would never see him becoming a full time vocalist in case he would like to - still very nice hearing him.

* The only thing which kinda irritates me *and i think its kinda strange that no one pointed it out yet...* is that the vocal pattern in アソビ i totally heard them before. I even got the "original" straight in me head but for the hell of it i can't think of the bands name where i heard it before...

Anyway as expected an outstanding 10/10 album for me.

* Now i finally remembered the song which the vocal patter from アソビ reminded me... It's from the 1st song of the 1st live limited maxi single from -真天地開闢集団-ジグザグ - 愛シ貴女狂怪性. 

But now that i figured that out i gotta say the similarities are SO SMALL that it for 99% can't be intenional if it is not even just me making things up.^^°

Although it would be pretty interesting to know what other people think about it...

Edited by VkBrutaliaN
updated post