suji

♦2020 Predictions!♦

It's later than usual but this year's predictions are HERE!

2019 was filled with surprises that left us shook such as Ryuichi (Luna Sea) kicking cancer's ass, the disbandment of Pentagon, DIMLIM dimming down to three, Yumeleep booting their drummer unexpectedly, and NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST coming back with a new guitarist (for 3 seconds!)! We also saw the return of Pashya vocalist Sai with his new band 終焉ノ羅刹 (Shuuen no Rasetsu), 3/5 of Fixer forming new bands with 2 different vocalists (XANVALA and CULA), and bands like Dir en grey, The Gazette, Dadaroma, and Acme touring overseas! 

With the decade gone, what's in store for the RAWRing 20s? Dish out your predictions below! :kyo::kyo::kyo:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

My spiciest prediction is every Starwave band/artist survives 2020.

Kizu will finally release a full length album.

AINS will sign 2 more bands.

Yuuki (ex. UnsraW) will finally release new music in some shape form (even if its just demos/teasers).

Z from R-shitei will join Nocturnal Bloodlust, Mamo will either start up a new band w/ all new members or a solo project.

Adding onto my prediction about Z, Nocturnal Bloodlust will have a new release this year and itll bang.

DIMLIM will survive the year but stick with 3 members officially (cant speak for if they finally decide to add support members for lives).

RAKUGAKI, gulu gulu, and NICOLAS are gonna be the most popular MH bands for 2020.

and lastly (for now if i ever remember to add more predictions) SCAPEGOAT is going to go back to their "Haru has to kill his girlfriend in every single music video" phase and itll be great. (dont get me wrong i loved scapegoat's 2018 releases i just miss the edgy days. 

• DIMLIM disbands b/c the band is unstable af. Sho will move onto another non-vk deathcore band (probably in the following year) that gets super popular.
  • ACME, contrary to their current "wE aRE VisUaL kEI" messaging, will continue to dip in the BMTH playbook and become less "visual kei" as the year progresses whilst continuing to play random anime-con gigs overseas. After two releases, everything starts to lull out before they go for one really "off brand" concept, they end up disbanding by the end of the year b/c of musical differences.
  • R-Shitei won't get back together for at least 5 years. Mamo becomes a soloist and continues to sell clipped fingernails to gya like traditional chinese medicine. 
  • CHOKE chokes.
  • the Raid. and アルルカン release the same song for the 5th year in a row... -and the crowd likes it b/c of stockholm syndrome the songs aren't bad at all tbh  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
  • Smileberry disbands b/c using barely edited stock images for album art is a bad sign late-game. Also that last music video, yeesh.
  • Yo_shiT makes a return to visual kei... maybe to do some production stuff for ダウト. As for an actual band, a man can dream.

not good enough!

• Yoshiki collaborates with a K-pop group... or a shitty J-pop group masquerading as a K-pop group. Somehow gets in close proximity of the Pope (as mentioned above) and yeets his hat off to reveal the new X album balancing on top of his bald head like the prospects of a new X album.
  • One band being involved in a car accident or a member getting caught with weed.
  • More visual kei vocal talent is leeched off into the utaite and vlogger world, b/c YouTubebux. 
  • SID and Acid Black Cherry return with releases.

• One member leaves the GazettE
Edited by colorful人生

Nightmare officially revives,

AINS will sign another band, but soon flop as a whole as Yukika will have been taking out too many loans. 

Gulu Gulu will release a full length and it will be awesome

Mitsuki Sakai starts a solo career, covers Kurara Zeroshiki, Kiryu and Mizelia songs

Mamo will sell his pee to fangirls

Still no god damn X Japan album

I'm praying starwave either goes bankrupt and their band catalog is picked up by forum, ains-style or they upgrade their studio mastering station and stop butchering CD releases 

idk if I'm asking too much tbh

Edited by nekkichi

10 hours ago, colorful人生 said:

ACME, contrary to their current "wE aRE VisUaL kEI" messaging, will continue to dip in the BMTH playbook and become less "visual kei" as the year progresses whilst continuing to play random anime-con gigs overseas. After two releases, everything starts to lull out before they go for one really "off brand" concept, they end up disbanding by the end of the year b/c of musical differences.

Seconded. This is almost eerie in how likely it seems.

Dimlim splits. Sho and Hiroshi continue to work together. Retsu has a mental breakdown. 

Aoi leaves Gazette, joins Decays for like 6 weeks. 

Nazare loses half its lineup. 

The Thirteen inexplicably continues to thrive. 

X Japan album “95% complete”

MUCC keeps on MUCC-ing. 

The GazettE new album. With new aesthetic. Either Reita or Aoi will try to emulate UTA from Tokyo Ghoul. While Ruki will do some Bald Kei, cos every front man need to do it once.

Kizu will release 2 singles

Dimlim new album will be diferent but good, their concert in Mexico will have enough success but the band will go on a "undefined hiatus", Retsu will become a Trap producer, Hiroshi joins a random band, Sho disappears till 2021

New The GazettE album

DEG continues on tour and at the end of the year they release a new single, with a remake of Saku or any old song idk

Sukekiyo new single too

MUCC releases 10 demo tapes and 4 random sinlges, why MUCC, just why?

Gulu gulu new stuff will be awesome

Mejibray reunion concert without MiA, Koichi forgets how to play bass

Dadaroma will release the same fucking song again

Xaa-Xaa will release an awesome single, a good and a meh one

Dezert will have an anime opening and become more famous but more appart of the vk scene

Yoshiki will do everything except release the new X Japan album, a colaboration with BTS for sure

Jiluka and breakin' holiday will tour together again 

Madmans Esprit new single but more problems with the band

Diarua will continue being Diaura

Nazare good singles with the weird Issei's production 

3 new bands that sounds exactly like D.I.D, bc 2 of them are produced by Issei

Deviloof becomes more succesfull in the western audience and do a tour in the US with some random american metalcore/deathcore bands and leave the makeup behind 

It's all I have for now, I need to remember more bands

On 1/4/2020 at 11:34 PM, Arkady said:

Still no X-Japan new album realease, but Yoshiki will be photographed in the vicinity of the Pope.

I think this already happend but it hasn't been disclosed yet lol

22 hours ago, Himeaimichu said:

Mitsuki Sakai starts a solo career, covers Kurara Zeroshiki, Kiryu and Mizelia songs

+1

13 hours ago, LIDL said:

Bald Kei

this can't be a thing, right?

-

La'Veil Miseria will release at least two albums

L'Arc~en~Ciel will release a DUNE-ish album stating they have never been into some visual kei scene or a visual kei band

FANATIC◇CRISIS reunion and releases

PANIC☆ch reunion and releases 

etc

Mejibray remains on “hiatus”. 8P-SB keeps on its current trajectory, has another Halloween look that makes fans think for a hot minute that they’re going back to vkei. Yuutaro keeps hanging out with the Liraizo guys. When Pentagon disbands, he and Yutori do a new project together.

Razor goes to Europe for a convention or a fan club trip. They release a few more singles, maybe a mini?

MeteoroiD says “fuck it” and decides it’s too fun to play together, so even if it’s only for one show a year, they decide to stick together. Maybe they even come back to America for a con. (This is wishful thinking on my part but meh.)

Kizu keeps releasing singles that they want to release with sometimes mixed reactions from fans. They release at least one solid heavy A-side that keeps people invested. Reiki keeps having drunk Insta lives.

I'm not expecting this year to be all that interesting

• The lynch. album will bring nothing new to the table, but it'll be just a bit better than XIII
  • If the GazettE don't release their next album this year, they'll at least announce its release (or announce the announcement)
  • BUCK-TICK will release an album, it falls into the two year pattern they've seemingly settled into; it'll have an electro-retro sound to it
  • ザアザア will churn out more singles with really good A-sides and very bleh b-sides, but they will not release an album because they are stupid
  • MERRY will be so focused on trying to sell that nostalgii jewellery that they'll forget to release any actual music
  • R-shithead members will do unmemorable side projects; with or without music, Mamo will do something heinous #mamoisoverparty
  • MEJIBRAY will not get back together; their side projects will continue to be astonishingly terrible
  • ARTiCLEAR will put out a solid release (but they'll probably disband sooner than TBS did; Jin is cursed)
  • BORIS will mostly tour this year, maybe do a collab with ... Merzbow 🙄

Anybody else I didn't mention will either churn out skippable singles or tour around Japan; like I said, not all that interesting

Here's the BP RECORDS CALENDAR (besides what's already been announced)

• コドモドラゴン: new single in mid September, another one announced in December
  • 己龍: new single in late August (and not a single guitar will be heard), next album announced in November
  • Royz: new album in early September (it will  S U C K  ), a single announced in December

• Ayabie disbands again, then reforms again then goes into hiatus
  • Nightmare releases 2 CDs this year and then disbands
  • Creature Creature announces a new Album
  • Stereo C.K. continues not releasing anything
  • Baroque's Kei gets arrested again
  • Hector releases a new mini album in march. 3 songs are about Shinjuku.
  • Kaya reveals he was a man all along
  • Hakuei and Sharaku Kobayashi release a duet song. They are arrested shortly after
  • Ex-BeaU/Sinners/boogieman/DAV Junno appears on japanese national press
  • LM.C Aiji becomes unable to hide his balding by october 2020
  • Dinamite Tommy becomes a politician
  • Plastic Tree new album
  • Yoshiki's Scarf gets her own instagram account, 89% of followers are bots
  • Goatbed releases a Ken Morioka tribute
  • Metronome new single by fall
  • Amber Gris revival
  • Gotcharocka new album
  • Other 3 VK band bassists jump into solo projects as vo. & ba.
  • The Alfee new album

Tani Takuma from Jikkendai Marmot has a third daughter and he and his family all band together as some mini lolita army to take over the world

On 1/16/2020 at 10:03 AM, Seimeisen said:

ザアザア will churn out more singles with really good A-sides and very bleh b-sides, but they will not release an album because they are stupid

+1 on this, though I'll probably enjoy those b-sides