VkBrutaliaN

DEVILOOF new double A side single release

On 14.03.2020 they'll hold a male only ONEMAN and in addition to that on 28.03.2020 there will be a female only ONEMAN.

Starting from their first live they'll sell a new double A side single for which one song will be "devilish" and the other once "angelic".

Further detail about the ONEMAN and the single will be released at some later point.

10 hours ago, patientZERO said:

I hope it's not a live-limited single ...

I also hope it's not but since they haven't explicitly wrote that it will be live limited i have high hopes that they just sell it at these 2 ONEMAN's in advance. 

Also it would be kinda strange if they'd make them limited to these 2 lives since they are an Osaka based band and then they would screw their "original" fanbase over by just releasing them at their 2 Tokyo ONEMAN lives...

4 hours ago, VkBrutaliaN said:

I also hope it's not but since they haven't explicitly wrote that it will be live limited i have high hopes that they just sell it at these 2 ONEMAN's in advance. 

Also it would be kinda strange if they'd make them limited to these 2 lives since they are an Osaka based band and then they would screw their "original" fanbase over by just releasing them at their 2 Tokyo ONEMAN lives...

Also given the fact that they have a Eurpoean tour and intially worked so extensively with V STAR, I would also hope they're not live-limited.

There 4th single will release 2020.3.11 called Devil's Calling/Angel's Cry for 1,200 ¥

Tracklist:

1.Angel's Cry
2.Devil's Calling

The CD will be exclusive to mail order only on the website and will open for overseas orders eventually. No 3rd party sellers such as Tawareko, Amazon, or specialty stores etc...

https://deviloof.thebase.in/items/26014879

Edited by Axius

The single has been delayed indefinitely and all pre-orders were canceled due to COVID. According to what I can understand from Daiki's tweet, they were in the process of polishing it up, but since the studios are all closed after Japan shut down, they can't complete it.

If my translation is correct, than the website says that Ray is directing all the vocals on Angel's Cry and that it's their first melodic speed metal song.  Well I don't exactly know what melodic speed metal is tbh, but I'm excited now and really hoping this turns out well.

The website also says that Keisuke composed Devil's Calling and Daiki composed Angel's Cry, and they're based off of demos they received from a musician they respect. 

Edited by Ultra Silvam

4 hours ago, Ultra Silvam said:

The website also says that Keisuke composed Devil's Calling and Daiki composed Angel's Cry, and they're based off of demos they received from a musician they respect. 

Are they still reaping the rewards of Seiya? Or is this GYZE's leftovers?

Also:

Edited by patientZERO
More info for gaijin

1st sample not impressed cuz this is not my type of music and also Rays voice somehow doesn't sound nearly as good as in DEVILOOF original songs imo, however the sample for Devil's Calling... HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!! 8D

Can't wait to receive my copy.

Afterthoughts:

After a couple more listens and overcoming the initial shock from the first listening since i totally did not expect Angel's Cry to sound like this i gotta say i can kinda enjoy the song now. At least up to the 1:06 minute mark. After that i'm still out.. XD 

But who knows when listening to the full song maybe it shines in a total different light.

Edited by VkBrutaliaN

Just now, VkBrutaliaN said:

1st sample not impressed cuz this is not my type of music and also Rays voice somehow doesn't sound nearly as good as in DEVILOOF original songs imo, however the sample for Devil's Calling... HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!! 8D

Devil's Calling sounds more on-theme for them, albeit a bit repetitive. Regardless, I'm not mad I pre-ordered it.

Angel’s cry IMO would be an ok song if they were a completely different band (more along the lines of scarlet valse or misaruka for example). Otherwise I’d say Ray’s voice fits it well. 

1 hour ago, VkBrutaliaN said:

deviloooooooooh