Ro plz

DIR EN GREY TOUR 2019: THIS WAY TO SELF DESTRUCTION

24 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

Yup, it's really a TIW-centered tour.

Two more dates to go. What else is missing, beside Kigan?

They already did Wake, -Saku-, THE FINAL, THE DEEPER VILENESS, Fukai, HYDRA -666- and Sustain the untruth.

Missing from VOS are Beautiful Dirt and THE IIID EMPIRE.

Missing from NoK is Ash.

Missing from TIW is Kigan.

So either of those for the last two dates.

Ash probably goes out of the window.
If I remember correctly, they played it in main set during the Japanese leg.

Also, they've played Gaika and New Age Culture for the encore, but that's a low possibility.

12 hours ago, Seelentau said:

Yup, it's really a TIW-centered tour.

Two more dates to go. What else is missing, beside Kigan?

They already did Wake, -Saku-, THE FINAL, THE DEEPER VILENESS, Fukai, HYDRA -666- and Sustain the untruth.

Missing from VOS are Beautiful Dirt and THE IIID EMPIRE.

Missing from NoK is Ash.

Missing from TIW is Kigan.

So either of those for the last two dates.

Gaika it was. 😮
I feel so sorry for LA recieving fucking STU.. 

Gaika... has not aged well. I'm starting to realize that the band's earlier journey into the more "extreme" aspects of metal sound weak in comparison to their newer material. Much of it sounds like cheap imitation, no doubt as a result of the band trying to find a new "sound" while tackling styles wholly new to them.

On 12/17/2019 at 5:07 PM, Kyo_Toriko said:

This just popped out when I opened my Youtube page, and this is really really great!
Hehe, no mic accident this time, and the final part just makes me feel a lot of VINUSHKA vibes,
and I love it so much! Feel so grateful to the uploader for uploading this! 

That clapping is really annoying to me for some reason. Doesn't fit the mood at all?

Also cheering while the dude is ripping out his guts.

That totally out of tune and unfitting clapping is quintessential ''genre tourists at a music festival''-level behavior 

The cheering while Kyo's ripping out his imaginary guts part on the other hand actually somewhat fits with the lyrics of the song in a weird way

I believe not knowing the band well is one of the main reasons people scream out of place in western concerts, of course the concept of only screaming at the "right time" is not organic but I bet most people who are screaming at Kyo doing Inward Scream probably think he is improvising for that show specifically.

Although that theory probably doesn´t apply to retards who screams at Ain't Afraid to Die, I refuse to believe that you havent heard that song before when you bought a ticket to a DeG concert

I find the discourse about when and how the audience reacts during a DEG show ridiculous. A few months back fans were claiming Kyo reverted back to his self-harm theatrics as a way to get more from the crowd, so the solution was to give as much as you can. Now it’s “don’t cheer when he’s using the red microphone cord as a prop for his intestines”? 

Like, what is it?

Sacramento was an odd crowd anyway. One guy kept trying to start the clapping thing several times, but it only caught on at the beginning of World of Mercy. Silly, silly.

17 hours ago, Saishu said:

I find the discourse about when and how the audience reacts during a DEG show ridiculous

This is tru. It's a pig gaijin audience who doesn't care and is just out there to have a good time and throw some bucks out the bands way. The weebs cheering the asian roadie is still funny and worth a laugh, but it's nowhere close to as weird and cultish as it was 12 or even 10  years ago. You can tell the audience has gotten significantly older from back in the day and the behavior is more in line with general young peoples metalcore concert vibe*. 

*sans the fact that getting a pit started is still all in the shoulders of one brave individual who's willing to start swinging by himself. I remember from the last two deg gigs how there's dudes in the middle kind of eyeing each other and waiting for someone to pull the trigger. 

edit: oh yikes I just saw one World of Mercy clapping video. cancel this

Edited by Disposable

23 minutes ago, Disposable said:

*sans the fact that getting a pit started is still all in the shoulders of one brave individual who's willing to start swinging by himself. I remember from the last two deg gigs how there's dudes in the middle kind of eyeing each other and waiting for someone to pull the trigger. 

lmao, yeah, that sounds about right. I remember at one of the Apocalyptica co-headline shows where some friends and I were standing in the middle, and I said to one "When Red Soil rips, I want you to push me and I'll do the rest". Sure enough, the song picks up, I get a solid push in the back, and I begin trucking through these small Asian girls (sorry) with my arms outstretched to part the seas. After that, the pit was awesome the rest of the night. Even a few girls were getting into the mix and having fun. Oddly enough, they were Apocalyptica fans who had never listened to Dir en grey before so it was a cool experience.

There's only been one show where we tried to get a pit going and security shut it down. The security guard came up to me and said "Man, I love what you guys are doing; but this isn't the kind of show for this", so instead we spent the rest of the show getting drunk at the bar with the vocalist of the opening band.

Edited by geist
autism

can u imagine that toshiya and kaoru wearing 2D anime dominatrix attires would have been enough to force corebros hold their hormonal smegma in the entire time, avoiding the entire Kyo-sama disrespect drama we see as a result

Mexico got an extra song.

But they were Saku and STU haha

Also kyo posted on his instagram that we should stop being wannabe weebs and listen more to their songs so that we can sing correctly next time.

Edited by rekzer

5 hours ago, rekzer said:

Mexico got an extra song.

But they were Saku and STU haha

Also kyo posted on his instagram that we should stop being wannabe weebs and listen more to their songs so that we can sing correctly next time.

Kyo being sweet

17 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

But guys, remember, Kyo absolutely HATES touring abroad!!!1

Even if he says he wants to come back, he HATES it!!!11

Ahem, you mean Tooru Nishimura hates touring abroad 

32 minutes ago, Seelentau said:

But guys, remember, Kyo absolutely HATES touring abroad!!!1

Even if he says he wants to come back, he HATES it!!!11

Hey, this is a big development! Kyo used to complain about touring abroad in interviews; but now he says he loves it! 

What a sweetheart 😍

33 minutes ago, Disposable said:

Ahem, you mean Tooru Nishimura hates touring abroad 

uh exquise moi, only real fans (TM) are allowed to call him by his honmei (that means real name for you gaijins (that means foreigner for you foreigners out there) out there)

18 minutes ago, geist said:

Hey, this is a big development! Kyo used to complain about touring abroad in interviews; but now he says he loves it! 

What a sweetheart 😍

uh no he still HATES it even if he says he still wants to do it

because people always want to do things they HATE

and nobody in the history of everyone has EVER changed their opinion

obviously, statements from TEN YEARS AGO still are TRUE omg

you just don't get Kyo-sama the way I do smh

3 hours ago, sleepy coffee said:

Man idk if I'm just dumb af but I've listened to TIW like 5 times and I still dont know any of the words I'd be able to sing along to it lmao

I tend to pick up on lyrics fast when they are in my native language, Japanese it takes me longer and an insane amount of plays. Diru song I learned the fastest was Toguro but that song has a play count in the thousands. I listen to too much other stuff to do that for every song.