Ro plz

DIR EN GREY TOUR 2019: THIS WAY TO SELF DESTRUCTION

Did anyone notice at the NY show last night that Kyo tried to have us sing the last part of the chorus in Rubbish Heap and no one could do it? He slumped his shoulders and tossed the mic without finishing the song lmao as sad as that sounds I find some sort of humor in it lol

Never seen a man so disappointed

17 minutes ago, matthazell said:

Did anyone notice at the NY show last night that Kyo tried to have us sing the last part of the chorus in Rubbish Heap and no one could do it? He slumped his shoulders and tossed the mic without finishing the song lmao as sad as that sounds I find some sort of humor in it lol

Never seen a man so disappointed

I saw him do something similar ages ago. He was in the middle of one of his Inward Screams and the crowd wouldn't shut up, so he just stopped completely, spiked the mic on the stage and just stood there as he stared deep into the eyes of every loud bitch interrupting his art. The mic was fucked, too.

22 minutes ago, patientZERO said:

I saw him do something similar ages ago. He was in the middle of one of his Inward Screams and the crowd wouldn't shut up, so he just stopped completely, spiked the mic on the stage and just stood there as he stared deep into the eyes of every loud bitch interrupting his art. The mic was fucked, too.

I’ve never seen Diru live but rumor has it he threw a tantrum and left the stage over the noise in Chile. I gotta confirm it tho. 

44 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

I’ve never seen Diru live but rumor has it he threw a tantrum and left the stage over the noise in Chile. I gotta confirm it tho. 

I've seen them live tons of times, around 12 or 13, and I've seen him lose his cool at American audiences in a few instances. He straight up shushed the crowd once in NYC. It was right before dead tree (I think, or some other quieter opening) and people were screaming so loud you could barely hear the backing track. He shushed the crowd into the mic like five times, then punched his platform MAD STALIN thing with the mic and didn't start singing the song until halfway through. You could tell he was pissed.

2 hours ago, patientZERO said:

I've seen them live tons of times, around 12 or 13, and I've seen him lose his cool at American audiences in a few instances. He straight up shushed the crowd once in NYC. It was right before dead tree (I think, or some other quieter opening) and people were screaming so loud you could barely hear the backing track. He shushed the crowd into the mic like five times, then punched his platform MAD STALIN thing with the mic and didn't start singing the song until halfway through. You could tell he was pissed.

this is why nobody comes to us anymore

8 hours ago, suji said:

this is why nobody comes to us anymore

Do you mean as far as vkei bands because the non vkei Japanese bands I like seem to stop coming for different reasons or the exact opposite?

Edited by Cereal Killer 13

I don’t understand why these VK acts don’t realize by now that western audiences are noisy as fuck. It’s not like they tour here every year. People are going to get excited. 

Vkei bands rarely come to the states because it is significantly more expensive, and a logistical nightmare, than anywhere else to tour and most of these bands couldn’t draw a crowd of 100 people, so it’s not worth it. 

Dir en grey, and the GazettE have smart management because they’re two of the only vkei bands that could reliably come to the states and do well. This is why both bands on their tours of the states hit specific markets because I imagine they’re aware that people will travel a long distance to see them and then spend over $200 on merchandise. 

I bought a hoodie, shirt, and a tote bag to carry my merch. And that was small time compared to what other fans were buying. 

as long as this frenzy exists: as long as Dir en grey can reliably sell out shows in big markets, like they have pretty much done on this tour, while also selling a shit load of merchandise, they will come back sooner rather than later. 

And they’re one of the only vkei bands that can pull it off. There are non-VK bands like Boris who have big followings in the States; but the frenzy to buy merch is almost nonexistent compared to Dir en grey shows.

Edited by geist

On 12/14/2019 at 6:46 AM, rekzer said:

What ever happened to that opener BYSTS that was suppose to play at some of the shows?

i had no idea this was even a thing so being the nosey fucker i am looked around. simply put it looks like they had to cancel it last minute because of "scheduling issues"

either way right there with you glad they werent there cause that music is not appealing to me at all 

7 hours ago, Cereal Killer 13 said:

Do you mean as far as vkei bands because the non vkei Japanese bands I like seem to stop coming for different reasons or the exact opposite?

vk bands mostly, aside from acme and kaya

20 hours ago, Saishu said:

I don’t understand why these VK acts don’t realize by now that western audiences are noisy as fuck. It’s not like they tour here every year. People are going to get excited. 

I actually really hate that. I pay to hear the band, not a bunch of loud fuckers screaming over it. 

5 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

I actually really hate that. I pay to hear the band, not a bunch of loud fuckers screaming over it. 

And other people pay to scream as loud as they can. So, yeah. That's kinda stupid, but what can you do.
Your freedom ends where their freedom starts, and in reverse.

28 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

And how often will a band encourage the crowd to make noise or sing along? I mean a live show by nature isn’t a quiet experience unless it’s a symphony or some shit. 

13 minutes ago, Saishu said:

And how often will a band encourage the crowd to make noise or sing along? I mean a live show by nature isn’t a quiet experience unless it’s a symphony or some shit. 

There’s moments and songs for that. Can you really enjoy a concert if you are acting like an enraged ape during its whole duration?

1 hour ago, Komorebi said:

There’s moments and songs for that. Can you really enjoy a concert if you are acting like an enraged ape during its whole duration?

Me? No.  But if that’s how others enjoy it, oh well. 

3 hours ago, Komorebi said:

Can you really enjoy a concert if you are acting like an enraged ape during its whole duration?

At a metal show, yes. You may not enjoy metal shows; but that's the kind of crowd you'll draw when you're an "extreme" metal band with breakdowns.

And you can't blame the crowd for that. You should blame the band for that because this is the style of music they've chosen to create and perform. They've chosen to play drop-tuned 7 string guitars. They've chosen to have breakdowns in their songs.  They've chosen the setlist as it's currently constructed. They've chosen to emphasize heavy songs over ballads -- which were damn near non-existent in this tour. They've made these choices knowing exactly what kind of crowd they would draw.

Edited by geist

With touring the USA, most likely the Visa stuffs discouraged a lot of VK acts to perform here. It is the tricky part of things. Especially when you are not white people and not signed with major label that can sponsor you. Haven't we had enough of VK acts canceled at last minute, even those that was scheduled to perform at anime con, which  usually should be enough spinsor to get those paper works done, but didn't,  cos they don't get their Visa worked out in the end?

European countries are rather more lenient to Japanese, but not with USA. If you are not white, who lives in white countries in EU, Aus, or NZ, it will be hard for you to obtain any kind of visa cos you are seen as second class still, paranioa and suspicions runs high that one would gone rogue and work and live in the land illegally. 

2oxj8k.jpg

As for the attitude in concerts, people go to have fun. To rock out. This is happen in concerts for most genres. Most especially it is an aggresive metal show. It is weird demands for Japanese bandomen to expect audience would just stood and stare even in slower songs lmao. They need to start to do music in Kitaro or Yanni style if they wanted their live shows like that lmao.

Edited by LIDL

At metal shows, you typically get two types of people. Those that scream, yell and mosh, and those that stand there stone faced with their arms crossed.

It seems that Kyo gets annoyed with both of those types. Well sorry, this isn’t a bunch of teen girls doing furi. This isn’t The Gazette’s Overseas shows.

One of the reasons why Dir en Grey has been able to reliably come back every few years and have people other than VK diehards remember them is because of their ability to integrate into the North American market and compromise with us.

This just popped out when I opened my Youtube page, and this is really really great!
Hehe, no mic accident this time, and the final part just makes me feel a lot of VINUSHKA vibes,
and I love it so much! Feel so grateful to the uploader for uploading this! 

42 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Basically the same set list for NY except they subbed out Saku for Wake.

If we discard the order of the songs, each show has only 1 different encore song. 
DEG Roulette. Maybe someone will receive Kigan?

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

Basically the same set list for NY except they subbed out Saku for Wake.

Yup, it's really a TIW-centered tour.

54 minutes ago, EvilHippy said:

If we discard the order of the songs, each show has only 1 different encore song. 
DEG Roulette. Maybe someone will receive Kigan?

Two more dates to go. What else is missing, beside Kigan?

They already did Wake, -Saku-, THE FINAL, THE DEEPER VILENESS, Fukai, HYDRA -666- and Sustain the untruth.

Missing from VOS are Beautiful Dirt and THE IIID EMPIRE.

Missing from NoK is Ash.

Missing from TIW is Kigan.

So either of those for the last two dates.