mothhe

New here! Hello :)

hello there! my name is moth and i'm here! i dont have much to say but hello. i hope this site is active and can help me expand my taste and introduce me to new music! 

i became interested in visual kei/jrock in late 2017. honestly, visual kei fashion is just absolutely stunning. the colors, the makeup, the elaborate outfits, the piercings, all had me absolutely in love with this style. i decided i had to get into this in one way or another! my gate to entering this "world" was matenrou opera, still a big love of mine. getting into visual kei is actually also what got me into loving the metal genre. i've listened to quite a bit and tried lots of different stuff until i really found what i liked! i really like the look of bright/neon visual kei but the music isn't usually my style. i find that the vocalists never suit my taste for one reason or another. 

my taste right now is my big love for galneryus, matenrou opera, syu, and various songs from various bands including but not limited to the gazette, leetspeak monsters, x japan, malice mizer (tetsu era is AMAZING), hyde, versailles, etc., most of the stuff you probably usually see newbies into. 

this community seems intimidating because everyone here probably has a profound amount of knowledge that you can beat me with! but i hope that y'all are welcoming and i hope we can get along! the world of jrock/metal/etc is intimidating itself because of how large the scene is but i hope to jump in and find what i love! :)

(by the way! my very specific music taste is stuff that sounds incredibly chaotic and all over the place but is still very melodic and put-together. plus operatic vocals have my whole heart!)

4 hours ago, mothhe said:

this community seems intimidating because everyone here probably has a profound amount of knowledge that you can beat me with!

We still try and one-up eachother when we can lol but we have become docile so you're going to be OK.

Welcome to the forum!

14 hours ago, mothhe said:

this community seems intimidating because everyone here probably has a profound amount of knowledge that you can beat me with!

I also just joined and dont  know anything even after being a fan for 14 years so dont worry youre not the only one. Thats actually why i joined, to learn and keep up to date